Pewdiepie did ksp!!!!

RAINCRAFTER

Oh no exposure to a large audience might taint our precious forum!

I've seen several PewDiePie videos, and never understood the abject hate. He's annoying at the start and end and if I never hear the word "bro" again I'll have still heard it to many times, but dude's just doing what he likes and getting paid for it.

I wonder if this is the real reason they rushed to 1.0

[/conspiracy]

[/notreally]

I'm reading all those comments on Youtube... My prediction is that now lots of annoying "youtubers" will make KSP videos of low gameplay quality (moronic designs and explosions) and it will cause a (hopefully) temporary surge in crazy loopy kids on the forum.

Let's hope they go to reddit.com and stay there. :D

I appreciate the KSP public exposure, though. That is a good thing.

Ooh, what does it taste like?

It probably tastes like guilt-flavored bread :P

Anyways, there are already a lot of young people playing KSP. Hopefully,the people coming in will be mature, and patient. (Please do not be "hao do i go to spayz?" "lol poods brougt me hre bros!!")

I don't really watch gaming videos unless it's a tutorial or previews videos, though.

Well, hopefully, the (relatively few) people in Pewdiepie's audience with a proper intrest in space will pick up the game with the intention of not using it as a Micheal Bay simulator, and then we'll have some new Trainees.

We're all noobs at 1.0, though. ;P

Well, hopefully, the (relatively few) people in Pewdiepie's audience with a proper intrest in space will pick up the game with the intention of not using it as a Micheal Bay simulator, and then we'll have some new Trainees.

Trainees! Woohoo! Unless they are the kind of people that just came because pewdiepie did a video on KSP. I think the moderators will ban them pretty fast though. :wink:

Speak for yourself, I've played a lot with FAR and DRE (both together and separately for each), KIDS, Kethane, and my Horrible Nerf Enhanced makes the 1.0 nerfs look like a walk in the park. (Regular HN is roughly on par with the 1.0 changes)

1.0 feels like playing my standard install, only a bit more forgiving (the new aero is less torque-y than FAR somehow).

I cringed all the way through the video, let it be known. He did reach space once, in the cinematic countdown (I assume a break where he went to learn).

I see it 2 ways:

1. Massive flood of really inexperienced 9-13 year olds flooding the forums with " L0L Kerbalz, omg guz I killed JebZ wiTh a Boosterz" or " I press space to space, right". I don't like this option

2. Free? (I think he said he was sponsored by Squad) advertising and much more people interested in the game, cane me helped by the lovely people here.

First of all, one can be a fan of both KSP and Pewdiepie (such as me!). There is no fanboying

Second of all, the video description didn't mention it being a tutorial, introduction, showing off features, ... . And with tons of other youtubers such as beloved Scott Manley, we don't need Pewds doing anything like that.

I always hoped he would do a KSP video, I even expected it to be like this! No harm done! Maybe he'd do some actual missions in the future, maybe he wouldn't. No. Harm. Done!

First of all, one can be a fan of both KSP and Pewdiepie (such as me!). There is no fanboying

Second of all, the video description didn't mention it being a tutorial, introduction, showing off features, ... . And with tons of other youtubers such as beloved Scott Manley, we don't need Pewds doing anything like that.

I always hoped he would do a KSP video, I even expected it to be like this! No harm done! Maybe he'd do some actual missions in the future, maybe he wouldn't. No. Harm. Done!

Precisely. He even failed to horribly mutilate the game, which is good! :D

It reminds me of the first few days of the 0.18 demo, where I couldn't get to space for the life of me.

It was very hard and painful to watch the video. He is basically misnaming (is that a word ? not sure) jeb, bill and bob, doing a lot of retarded stuff that new players do not even do (tutorials, for squads sake) and i dont think that he even reached space in his video... (not sure,. couldnt stand watching till the end)

HOW is this >crap< whorth 1.9 million views ? Even the video editing is ugly

Interestingly, Jacksepticeye's (he's another popular youtuber and knows poods) first KSP video (or two) was kind of like that. Then he started watching Scott Manley, learned to orbit, made it to the moon, and even learned how to dock. So who knows?

He used infinite fuel for the Mun landing and probably other things

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.