[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

12 hours ago, Temeter said:

Open GL is IRC broken in windows. Why not use DX9 64bit?

I have a 32 bit system. Also it was broken in pre release but it works now.

Edited by m4ti140

8 hours ago, danfarnsy said:

That's hilarious. After your help earlier today, I got the B9 MFD's staged resources working properly. Now they're (for the time being) useless again. I'm still trying to figure out JSIGraphingBackground, but I may aim at some other places to play with that. On that note, are you aware of any mods I can check out as examples of that being implemented? It doesn't appear in either your basic MFD or in ALCOR (fairly old, never dull) config files, and the separate initialization and implementation don't appear common to the rest of your background handlers. In short, I was doing it wrong:

Reveal hidden contents

PAGE
        {
            name = infoResourceHelper
            text = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_MFD/pages/infoResourceStage2.txt
            textOverlay = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_MFD/pages/overlayInfo.txt
            textureURL = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_MFD/images/bg03
            disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home
            CONTEXTREDIRECT
            {
                redirect = btn1,   infoResourceHelper
                redirect = btn2,   infoMission
                redirect = btn3,   infoAltitudeGraph
                redirect = btn5,   infoDescription
                redirect = btn6,   pluginVesselView
                redirect = btn4,   infoAtmosphere
                redirect = btn9,   infoResourceHelper
                redirect = btn10,  infoResourceTotal
                redirect = escape, menuInfo
                redirect = home,   menuDefault
            }
            BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = JSIGraphingBackground
                method = RenderBackground
                layout = b9resourceGraph
            }
        }

RPM_GRAPHING_BACKGROUND
        {
            layout = b9resourceGraph
            backgroundColor = 01,01,01,255

DATA_SET
            {
                borderPosition = 10,10,256,48
                borderWidth = 2
                borderColor = 228,228,255,255

graphType = HorizontalRight
                variableName = SYSR_LIQUIDFUELSTAGE
                scale = 0,SYSR_LIQUIDFUELSTAGEMAX
            }
        }

I was doing this with KSP 1.1.0 and RPM 0.25.1 (second hotfix)

Take a look at the Flight Systems Redux in my tagline.  Or, for a direct link to the relevant config. look here.  I'm currently using them as warning lamps, so they're not bar graphs, but bar graphs are only a little different.

2 minutes ago, MasseFlieger said:

@MOARdV In your "graphtype" for the RPM monitors, are circular graphs an option at all? I'm trying to build my own page for RPM... many thanks!

No, no circular graphs.  Rectangular graphs (growing from any edge of the region, or out from the centerline) and "indicator lamps" are the limit right now.  I had a request for those a while ago, but the design became very messy, very quickly, and I could not find a good way to make it work without either the code or my head exploding.

15 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

No, no circular graphs.  Rectangular graphs (growing from any edge of the region, or out from the centerline) and "indicator lamps" are the limit right now.  I had a request for those a while ago, but the design became very messy, very quickly, and I could not find a good way to make it work without either the code or my head exploding.

OK, no worries.

I had an idea of creating my own "half circular", but not sure how to implement as a new graphtype, would creating a horizontal graph (filling from left to right) as a square and superimponsing a half circular bar over it so as the graph fills it gives the ilussion of only the circular area being filled? Hopefully i'm making sense...

Quick picture...

DUoLJpU.png

48 minutes ago, MasseFlieger said:

OK, no worries.

I had an idea of creating my own "half circular", but not sure how to implement as a new graphtype, would creating a horizontal graph (filling from left to right) as a square and superimponsing a half circular bar over it so as the graph fills it gives the ilussion of only the circular area being filled? Hopefully i'm making sense...

Quick picture...

DUoLJpU.png

It would work using a mask for the textureInterlay on the page - although the fill would be linear from left to right, so it might look a little bit strange when near full or near empty.  I guess trying it out would be the easy way to find out. :)

5 hours ago, MOARdV said:

It would work using a mask for the textureInterlay on the page - although the fill would be linear from left to right, so it might look a little bit strange when near full or near empty.  I guess trying it out would be the easy way to find out. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll post back some results. 

26 minutes ago, flatbear said:

what is the mod that is supposed to work with the vesselview and extcam buttons in the rasterprop monitor?

For the extcam, it's already in RPM.  You just need to put one or more "JSI External Radial-mount Camera" parts on your vessel.  You can find it under utility, or just search for cam.

Vessel View is this mod.  It seems to have been stricken with bitrot.  The last time I tried it, some of the jet engines weren't displayed correctly and I couldn't figure out how to use it to actually interact with the ship.

1 hour ago, flatbear said:

what is the mod that is supposed to work with the vesselview and extcam buttons in the rasterprop monitor?

Like @Vegemeister said, external cameras are part of core RPM.  There are mods that add different models for cameras (ASET ALCOR lander and HullCam both come to mind), but the simple camera model is already in RPM, and the default RPM monitors have an external camera page.  Vessel View is supported by RPM out of the box for quite a while with the built-in MFD, but if the mod has been neglected, that's a different problem.

1 hour ago, flatbear said:

Here's an example of the cameras, a small surveillance tower landed on Laythe with cameras to supplement the view out the window.

92A89A26A51468FA6A1652D48A78E67B1F8BB367

5DA205A79FC26C2C1921726DDBBE3F6BE30C39F1

Now that KSP 1.1.x looks like it's settled down, RasterPropMonitor v0.26.0 is now available.  A few new variables, a couple of new features for interacting with PilotAssistant, and a couple fewer bugs.  Git it on GitHub.

14 hours ago, MOARdV said:

Yeah, so it is.  I guess it didn't survive the forum upgrade.

After Squad rolled out the new forum software (IPS4, ugh), they got topic link conversion working (old link "/thread/..." to new link "/index.php?/topic/...") and it still happens now automatically.  However, post numbers have never converted (old link "/thread/.../post...." to new link "/index.php?/topic/.../&page=...#comment-...").

Have to search out and find those manually.  Or not. Lost a fair number of links meself. :(

10 hours ago, Ghosty141 said:

I got a question regarding scatterer, do you know the reason why the scatterer atmosphere somehow "drifts" out of place when looking trough the cameras?

Most likely because of the way scatterer is implemented.  If it's not working on one of the normal camera layers, RPM isn't aware that it needs to do anything with it.  I'd have to dig through the scatterer source to see what it would take for RPM to be aware of it.

1 minute ago, MOARdV said:

Most likely because of the way scatterer is implemented.  If it's not working on one of the normal camera layers, RPM isn't aware that it needs to do anything with it.  I'd have to dig through the scatterer source to see what it would take for RPM to be aware of it.

Did you personally experience what I mean? I have a feeling it's because of the different viewpoint, and FOV of the camera, but who am I to speak.  Thanks for the answer anyway.

1 minute ago, Ghosty141 said:

Did you personally experience what I mean? I have a feeling it's because of the different viewpoint, and FOV of the camera, but who am I to speak.  Thanks for the answer anyway.

I don't have scatterer installed.  I looked at it once a few months ago, but not since then.

35 minutes ago, zakkpaz said:

I want to add props to a few modules, what's the program used to edit IVAs? 

You need to install Unity 5.2.4f1 and KSP's Part Tools.  There are some tutorial / how-to threads on the forum.