P.E.W (A BDArmory Addon)Reactivated Development

On 1/17/2016 at 11:02 AM, Noellen said:

@prom3theus could you maybe take a look at the "oldschool turrets" mod?

Its realy cool, but uncontinued...

With Spanner's Boomsticks I had explicit permission from the mod author to continue it. I dont feel comfortable taking and continuing his work without permission even if the licence techically allows it which im not even sure if it does I havent checked

On 19.1.2016 at 6:37 AM, LORDPrometheus said:

With Spanner's Boomsticks I had explicit permission from the mod author to continue it. I dont feel comfortable taking and continuing his work without permission even if the licence techically allows it which im not even sure if it does I havent checked

It seems like the author of the post isnt on the forum anymore, minepagan said that he would continue to keep it up to date but he didnt. 

Edited by Noellen

I have a request: Can you make ammo drum storage? Stock boxes are quite small, and larger capacity storage is needed often without increasing part count. Drum looks nice and would be easier to fit into crafts.
Here is an example, below the gun:
800px-HMS_Daring_%28D32%29_Phalanx_CIWS.

18 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

I'm just now seeing this.  Wow, my friend you are really improving!  Looks great!

praise means a lot coming from you man. Thank you.

BTW any chance you can shoot me a message about any changes i need to make for BDArmory 10?

also forgive me if my birthday celebrations get in the way of my work guys. Gotta have some fun sometime

16 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

also forgive me if my birthday celebrations get in the way of my work guys. Gotta have some fun sometime

Honestly dude, your real life always comes before what you do here. It's completely up to you what you want to spend your free time on.

22 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

Balls to that.
You belong to us now, to entertain us at our whim.
DANCE, MY PUPPET, DANCE!

... oh, fine. You can have your fun.

Edited by Melfice

Hi and happy birthday :), just popping in to say thanks for the video tip, and all you had to say was Z+, it's so easy now, much easier than the original  way., finding my feet again.and loving it.

I definitely owe you a dozen or so

Truly envious of your developing texturing skills, that missile looks fantastic, (pity I'm color dyslexic ( the grey primer guy ) You could almost believe it wasn't just a pile of pixels and geometry

Celebratory big gun salute :)

56 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

@LORDPrometheus could I get a tutorial on how to make turrets for BD by chance? In trying to start working I turrets for Master Tech Weapons and I can't figure them out for the life of me. Thanks in advance!

Hi as he's partying I hope you don't mind if I reply in his place,?

It's quite simple, I'm hoping you know your way around blender or max, and unity though

I'll pm you so as not to clutter this thread if that's ok..

Check out this video too , explains very quickly how its done,  if you need unity shots give me a shout  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfN8rRSRo1A

Build turret with all local rotations at zero and Z+ forwards,  back of turret should be the back, barrels pointing -Y

I would like it if you brought the R-60 back. The R-73 is kind of big compared to the sidewinder. The R-60 IRL is really bad compared to the R-73 so it would fulfill a more minimal role. Prehaps have a short locking range like it does in real life and not be very powerful also like it is in real life 

3 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

I would like it if you brought the R-60 back. The R-73 is kind of big compared to the sidewinder. The R-60 IRL is really bad compared to the R-73 so it would fulfill a more minimal role. Prehaps have a short locking range like it does in real life and not be very powerful also like it is in real life 

Voila. There's an R-60 there.

Hello, Prometheus, I'm loving your mod and the variety in it.

I found a small issue with some of your SAMs, specifically the RIM-116 and the 9M311. Their range in the cfg is very short, to the point that guards almost never use them - they think they are out of range. Their flight performance seems roughly similar to that of the Sidewinder, so I guess the range could be similar as well.

15 hours ago, MarvinCZ said:

Hello, Prometheus, I'm loving your mod and the variety in it.

I found a small issue with some of your SAMs, specifically the RIM-116 and the 9M311. Their range in the cfg is very short, to the point that guards almost never use them - they think they are out of range. Their flight performance seems roughly similar to that of the Sidewinder, so I guess the range could be similar as well.

These missiles, by design, are intended to have such a short range. The RIM-116 at least is only meant for short range self defense as a last-ditch, not a main weapon. Fire a missile at one of your guards and it will likely use them. the 9m311 is a little longer range but remember the sidewinder is air-launched and inhenrently will have a longer range. 

1 hour ago, dbandy13 said:

These missiles, by design, are intended to have such a short range. The RIM-116 at least is only meant for short range self defense as a last-ditch, not a main weapon. Fire a missile at one of your guards and it will likely use them. the 9m311 is a little longer range but remember the sidewinder is air-launched and inhenrently will have a longer range. 

good summary and completely correct

another thing about air to air missiles is they already have a lot of inertia due to the speed of their carrier aircraft and therefore need to expend a lot less propellant to get up to speed whereas ground launched missiles are starting from nothing.

On February 2, 2016 at 0:31 PM, LORDPrometheus said:

remember guys i do listen to requests as proven by what i am working on today

First I think you're doing a great job with this. However I can't get the MIM-14 Nike to home in on targets. It just shoots straight up. I haven't tried it with the latest version of BDArmory yet but.

Also, I think the community would greatly appreciate a space missile since BD has said he isn't going to fix the broken one any time soon. Personally, I'd love some version of the SS-N-19 Shipwreck. Definitely a fav of mine.

EDIT: (because i don't think he saw this) @LORDPrometheus

Edited by Esquire42
Bumping thread up

4 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

good summary and completely correct

another thing about air to air missiles is they already have a lot of inertia due to the speed of their carrier aircraft and therefore need to expend a lot less propellant to get up to speed whereas ground launched missiles are starting from nothing.

While I can understand the reason that "it's by design", I'll point out that the range in the CFG is a static launch range and is adjusted for current speed and other conditions later. For that reason, an air-launched Sidewinder will appear to have an even longer range than what the CFG would show.

While the RIM-116 can be called a last-ditch weapon, that is for ships with long range missiles. It still has a range of 9km in real life. The RIM-116 is actually especially comparable to the Sidewinder - the first version was even based on it. It used, among other things, its rocket motor. Their size and weight are also comparable.

Edit: Just to clarify, I can understand if real life needs to be adjusted for balancing reasons.

Edited by MarvinCZ

8 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

remember guys i do listen to requests as proven by what i am working on today

Which is....?

PS: I have requests...as usual, but I feel like I've hit a reasonable limit for like, ever, so I'll hold off until I know what's coming

Edited by Thatdude253

12 hours ago, Thatdude253 said:

Which is....?

PS: I have requests...as usual, but I feel like I've hit a reasonable limit for like, ever, so I'll hold off until I know what's coming

Your requests are usually good and always welcome so go for it.

That being said my current plan is ambitious for a single full time college student but I am going to try. Basically I want to semi equalize all American russian and Chinese weapons in terms of quantity and diversity of arensal. Once that is done I will split PEW into three 'superpower' packs and a single full version. That many weapons is simply too much for some peoples computers so id like to give people a choice. as it is the only part of modding I dislike is the tedium of testing everything over and over tweaking a setting restarting the game etc. Other than that its a lot of fun

Edited by LORDPrometheus

3 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

Your requests are usually good and always welcome so go for it.

That being said my current plan is ambitious for a single full time college student but I am going to try. Basically I want to semi equalize all American russian and Chinese weapons in terms of quantity and diversity of arensal. Once that is done I will split PEW into three 'superpower' packs and a single full version. That many weapons is simply too much for some peoples computers so id like to give people a choice. as it is the only part of modding I dislike is the tedium of testing everything over and over tweaking a setting restarting the game etc. Other than that its a lot of fun

I will happily beta test if need be. I have...well, just the right amount of free time, but I use more free time than I have

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.