PC Gamer Review

Dodgey

Nice... :)

Too bad, though, that it wasnt mentioned how there is a HUGE mod community supporting, and supported by, the game (devs)....

About the only slightly negative comment was at the end, about how basic, low-res, and not especially good looking the game is...Mention of a huge mod community, and the WIDE spectrum of mods supporting the game, allows for a HUGE ability to change the look of the game in SOOOO many different ways... Plus, mention of that might sway people thrown off from the basic look of a stock game, into trying it anyway, and even shilling out the dough for it... Oh well...

Ratings these 'big' game journalist give, have gotten to mean less and less to me in recent years. Game journalism is all about teh money.

That being said, It's close to what I would give to KSP, and I doubt Squad gave PCgamer a bunch of money.

Which actually turns your original argument upside-down LOL but I guess this is an exception rather than the rule.

No it doesn't.

The fact that there are Activision, Ubisoft or EA banners on half the sites like PC-gamer, IGN, Gamespot, and the likes, should tell you what you need to know about their partiality. I have no doubt that those companies push for good reviews. I'm just saying I doubt that Squad did that.

Steam reviews, though usually the absolute worst in quality and biased as they are, are a pretty good gauge of wheter a game is worth bothering with or not. No stars, no numbers, just yes or no and tell us why. Flip through a few, then read the negative ones to see if there's anyone serious about the game's faults and i've got a pretty good idea what to expect.

Steam reviews, though usually the absolute worst in quality and biased as they are, are a pretty good gauge of wheter a game is worth bothering with or not. No stars, no numbers, just yes or no and tell us why. Flip through a few, then read the negative ones to see if there's anyone serious about the game's faults and i've got a pretty good idea what to expect.

I liked how one of the few negative reviews was just "female Kerbals" with zero hours played and zero explanation. Another was complaining that there was no stock MechJeb, and that using a mod was "clunky" because it didn't have Steam Workshop support.

No it doesn't.

The fact that there are Activision, Ubisoft or EA banners on half the sites like PC-gamer, IGN, Gamespot, and the likes, should tell you what you need to know about their partiality. I have no doubt that those companies push for good reviews. I'm just saying I doubt that Squad did that.

When I said "exception rather than the rule" I meant that for once, maybe PC Gamer actually did an honest review, instead of basing their review on revenue collected.

Has anyone understood what this means?

The persistent nature of the solar system is also important for those players who aren't incompetent. After a certain point, it becomes impossible to build a rocket big and efficient enough to reach nearby planets.

"Impossible". Bah. I think this guy needs to meet Whackjob.

I liked how one of the few negative reviews was just "female Kerbals" with zero hours played and zero explanation. Another was complaining that there was no stock MechJeb, and that using a mod was "clunky" because it didn't have Steam Workshop support.

I meant the overall rating they give when enough are piled on. Overwhelmingly positive games tend to be actually good, while "mixed" reviews indicate either some problems or a hit-or-miss game. For example i really like Shattered Planet or Risk of Rain but a lot of people find them too simplistic or otherwise lacking. Individual reviews are a good source of fun or depression, depending on what you're in the mood for.

Edited by DuoDex
Removed political discussions