[1.4.x - 1.7.x] Nehemia Engineering Orbital Science Mods (NEOS - Micha's build) (0.8.1)

micha

12 hours ago, Dropbear67 said:

I'm getting some errors at startup in 1.7.2 that part of this mod is not supported. Any clues or ideas if we can get a 1.7 update?

Did you install the latest version (for KSP 1.6.1)? This version works well in 1.7.2 without any errors. Look at the Release-Thread:

I've put up my work-in-progress for v0.8.1 of NEOS as a pre-release if anybody wants to test/try it:

https://github.com/mwerle/OrbitalMaterialScience/releases/tag/0.8.1-b1

Mostly just fixes:

* Add bulkhead profiles to all parts (compatible with taniwha's Custom Bulkhead Profiles mod)

* Better handling of KAC alarms, should support loading/saving now

* Disables "Reset Experiment" for Kemini experiments (still WiP for other experiment types)

Edited by micha
Clarified version number as being for NEOS

On 6/29/2019 at 3:47 PM, micha said:

This should be the final beta.

Famous last words!

Beta 4 is up. https://github.com/mwerle/OrbitalMaterialScience/releases/tag/0.8.1-b4

• MEP experiments now animate when they are paused/resumed.
  • IVA sounds only audible while in that part.

NOTE: Some major internal refactoring means all experiment state transitions need testing. I've concentrated mainly on the MEP as it's the most complex.

This really should be the final beta...  I'd love to fix the graphical issues "soon" but for that I need a bigger chunk of spare time to revive my rework-in-progress.

• 6 months later...

hmm a question on an old thread, will this work on 1.8.1 ? in other words, does this mod include any dll file?

Looked into the repo, it has a dll file, maybe a recompile of the dll is needed? maybe an unofficial recompile until we get the official update please?

Edited by Jiraiyah

4 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

hmm a question on an old thread, will this work on 1.8.1 ? in other words, does this mod include any dll file

Sorry bit slow on this one. Mostly because the 1.7.x version still works fine with 1.8.x.

There's not always a need to recompile...

Will be back from holidays soon and get an update together.

PS. there's betas for 1.8 linked above your post...

Edited by micha

• 1 month later...

I have a bug with KEES.
I install PEC somewhere. But it detaches and goes flying around when I reload my save file or when I attach any KEES experiment to it.

How can I fix it?

---

NVM. Literaly forgot how to use KIS\KAS stuff. Sorry.

Edited by SuppaTenko

No Worries :)

And apologies about lack of updates..  RL and deep in the middle of a rewrite of the UI handling.  AFAIK the current version should (somewhat surprisingly) still work and there's a beta which should definitely still work in 1.9.

1 hour ago, micha said:

No Worries :)

And apologies about lack of updates..  RL and deep in the middle of a rewrite of the UI handling.  AFAIK the current version should (somewhat surprisingly) still work and there's a beta which should definitely still work in 1.9.

It works well in 1.8.1. Awesome mod. Will test in 1.9 when Kopernicus is up to date.

• 3 months later...

Please note that this is the Development Thread.  I'll post betas here or discuss development of the mod here.

If you just want to play with the mod, please see the Release Thread.  The current release version as of this posting is NEOS 0.9.1 for KSP 1.9.1 (but should be compatible with KSP 1.8 onwards).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.