PCGamer Review KSP!

That's nice. It's just too bad that a percentage score is the most meaningless metric in game reviews. 96% of what? How do you arrive at that number? Why not 97%?

They have some loose methodology listed on their site, but it's mostly a joke. According to it, KSP isn't a 97 because it doesn't boost the immune system of children and small mammals near it.

With any vague point system, actual quality has to be inferred from what they gave other games one has played, which doesn't really work for PC Gamer because for several games their review has been bought.

It's just 96/100, I don't get why people are saying percentage, it's like saying I rate that game 4/5.

96 out of 100 is by definition nintety six out of "centum". The symbol for percentage even shows a rough representation of a fraction.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

96 out of 100 is by definition nintety six out of "centum". The symbol for percentage even shows a rough representation of a fraction.

Ok true, however I think that in the context of giving something a score saying that you rate it 96/100 makes more sense to people than simply saying 96% though that may be me being pedantic. I mean I knew what I ment.

I'm just glad that I didn't spend all this time on a game that won't have main stream exposure. I am all for being the hipster indie gamer, but mainstream acceptance keeps the game fresh and relevant.

Influenced by Minecraft? What?

Anyway weldone SQUAD I hope you are pleased with your work Harvester and team. =)

Yeah, really. Maybe that was the " some profanity" sal-vager was referring to? I don't get it. KSP and Minecraft shouldn't even be in same room together.

I'm just glad that I didn't spend all this time on a game that won't have main stream exposure. I am all for being the hipster indie gamer, but mainstream acceptance keeps the game fresh and relevant.

Heh - I'd argue the opposite but this is hardly the place for that debate. Great to see KSP get such an excellent review and percentage score or not, the review itself was pretty unequivocal. My favourite part:

I tell this story because it remains one of my greatest achievements in a game. It was a proper achievement, too. Not a pat-on-the-back trophy, created to convey incremental progress, but the successful completion of a challenging, self-made goal. The entire processâ€â€from failure, to revision, to hope, to euphoric completionâ€â€cemented for me why Kerbal Space Program is one of the best games on PC.

Spot on.

PCGamer really did write a good review of KSP, quibbles about the scoring system aside. Personally I thought the best part was where the author pointed out how KSP holds up a mirror to mans accomplishments in space. The game thus serves as a reminder that we have (and presumably still can) accomplish great things. It's a good article, check it out.

All quibles about the numbers aside (it's a good number though, and will be good for the game because there are people that care about it), it is a very well written review that expertly catches the spirit of the game.

If I didn't already know about the game (and own it, obviously) I would, at the very least, be intrigued by KSP after reading that

I'm ecstatic that the review was written by a true fan of the game; somebody who already fell in love with KSP a long time ago, and already understood exactly what makes it great. Wonderful!

I'll admit I was scared the review would be by some newbie who wouldn't be willing to put in the effort to learn how to play. So glad that didn't happen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.