Developing a New Mod and would love a Team

Spexus

Hello! im a guy who, well would like to construct a Part mod, but well, i cant really do it alone, and the people that i am looking for are Coders and Developers, Testers (For Later) and also Designers who could work in programs such as Blender to construct the project.

if you're interested please fill out the application:

Name:

Timezone:

Position:

Somethings About Your self(not needed but helps you'r chances):

Hello! im a guy who, well would like to construct a Part mod, but well, i cant really do it alone, and the people that i am looking for are Coders and Developers, Testers (For Later) and also Designers who could work in programs such as Blender to construct the project.

Name:

Timezone:

Position:

What sort of part mod are you planning? I may be interested but am currently behind schedule on my own mod so I can't at the moment

Name:

Timezone:

Position:

In all complete honesty, we need to know something about the mod first. Do you have any work that you can show?

What sort of part mod are you planning? I may be interested but am currently behind schedule on my own mod so I can't at the moment

a Part Pack to sum it upp, Mostly Utility, Science, Cockpits and Engines

Hi, I'm interested in testing.

Timezone: GMT +2

Position: Italy

Somethings About Your self(not needed but helps you'r chances): Old KSP players, from version 0.08, lover of futuristic stuff.

Do realize sir people around here get skeptical of collaborative efforts where the one who proposed the endeavor has not demonstrated a degree of competency or proficiency in either modeling, texturing, or coding.

Also your salesman like vagueness while amusing will get you no where ;)

Do realize sir people around here get skeptical of collaborative efforts where the one who proposed the endeavor has not demonstrated a degree of competency or proficiency in either modeling, texturing, or coding.

Also your salesman like vagueness while amusing will get you no where ;)

Exactly this is a thread of professionals don't try and con us

I say professionals in a very loose way since while many people here have been modding games for ages we rarely get paid for what we do.

Edited by LORDPrometheus

I've been involved in some sort of modding scene since Morrowind. The games I've been involved with are pretty much Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Freelancer, Terran Conflict, and of course, KSP. And those are just the ones I remember well. With that being said, this is not the first time I've seen a post like this. Now it's been a while since I've seen a post like this, but it's not the first time. Posts like these pretty much plagued the Oblivion modding community back several years ago, and so many people would get wrapped up into a project that was doomed to fail from the word "go." The big warning sign was typically a new member with low post count asking for "applications."

The successful projects are those of which something is on the table; the person looking for the team has already done some kind of work, and is showcasing to demonstrate that the person is serious about this.

So, you want a coder on your team eh? Ok, put something on the table then, and then we'll talk.

Ive seen a lot of these type of threads come and go. Let me tell you how I started - and you can read the Kerbal Foundries thread to draw your own conclusions... I was unhappy with wheels. Particularly their lack of suspension adjustment. I searched high and low for mods that could rectify this, asked a few questions and met with answers like "oh, it's baked into the parts, you can't change it". Well, not to take anybody at their word, I started digging. I found the unity docs, which suggested otherwise, along with some outdated stuff on the wiki on how to make a KSP plugin. With little experience as a programmer and none making a game mod, I set about figuring out wheels in KSP. Along the way, people have decided they like what I'm doing and joined the project. Not because I asked them really, more because they liked what I've been doing and felt they could contribute. It's both awesome and humbling. 50k downloads and 300,000 thread views later, and I'm still gobsmacked by the support I've been offered on my incredible journey into game modding. But it wouldn't be here now if I hadn't picked up the tools and show people my vision - such as it was - for a KSP mod.

So my point is this: if you've got a vision, pick up the tools and show it. Others will follow, assist and contribute if they share that vision.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.