[1.4.1] Mkerb Inc. Science Instruments

ManuxKerb

I'm NOT running 64-bit KSP; I'm running 32-bit version. I looked in Win Task Manager Performance window; I'm nowhere close to 4 gig limit. I'll try to get a log next time I install new models and use Mkerb.

Edited by Apollo13

Hi Apollo,

Sorry that i cofused you. But i meant: Because you can only use the 32 bit version of KSP on windows it can only use 3,x gig of ram. This can lead to instability and crashes to the desktop.

Thanks for the log :-)

The keep alive bleep science reward is set to high. I am getting 10,000% reward for transmitting data. That gets around 120 points of science every biomes. That is too much. If you keep the data you only get 1.2.

The size increase was a surprise although the new models are good.

I wish there was a way to easily get a mod listing.

AVC allows you to check mods and can copy a list to the clipboard for forum use. Very quick and easy listing ready to paste into forum. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79745

It does not pick up all mods but does all the popular ones. A screen shot of CKAN filtered by installed mods works too https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases and gets everything.

Hi guys,

Thanks for testing and playing my parts :-)

Does anybody else see the same behaviour as Apollo ?

Thanks!

Not yet. What I did see at first was a minor snag with old ships that are packed in too tight. The larger sized models clip through and cause problems for the physics engine. A ship in flight during the last update might have problems.

In ships that take into account the new part size and node attachment. I don't see a problem yet.

I am still testing. The new tech tree placement is interesting and I am unlocking all the new parts in career mode. So far only the Bleep science reward is the only bug that I have found. A really good mod so far.

• 1 month later...

I don't understand the A.B.S. Device. Is it normal that I can't take the data from the instrument with a Kerbal on EVA? And why does the test button appear twice when I right click it? As far as I can tell it can only store 1 test. Thanks in advance for any help.

- - - Updated - - -

So far only the Bleep science reward is the only bug that I have found. A really good mod so far.

What bug is that?

I don't understand the A.B.S. Device. Is it normal that I can't take the data from the instrument with a Kerbal on EVA? And why does the test button appear twice when I right click it? As far as I can tell it can only store 1 test. Thanks in advance for any help.

- - - Updated - - -

What bug is that?

Hi, nice that you play my mod and you like it :-)

I found the bug i think and it is fixed in the new 07 version.

Edited by ManuxKerb

I am still testing. The new tech tree placement is interesting and I am unlocking all the new parts in career mode. So far only the Bleep science reward is the only bug that I have found. A really good mod so far.
What bug is that?
Read the thread. There was a transmit reward fix right after the new model update. This is now history. There has been even been another update since then. Edited by nobodyhasthis

• 1 month later...
RE: The A.B.S. device (and not wanting to complain, I love your hard work here) but isn't the Science it offers a bit... excessive?
not if your running latest version
xmitDataScalar = 100.0

Was for sure meant to be 1.0 for 100% transmittable science.

Pretty sure that this was fixed ages ago. We are on version 0.7 i think.

• 5 months later...
On 2/26/2016 at 0:38 AM, RecidivistTwist said:

Hey Manux,

CKAN still points to Kerbalstuff. Can you update this when you get a chance or is this something the CKAN team has to take care of?

Not going to happen from the CKAN side just yet. There is no backup host that we are aware of. If there was an alterative hosting site an issue request would have sorted things out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have the latest version from CKAN in 1.1, and the beep test returns 72 science from a launchpad test. Is there a setting to edit that reduces that number to something a bit less generous?

On 4/22/2016 at 0:20 PM, Torgo said:

Have the latest version from CKAN in 1.1, and the beep test returns 72 science from a launchpad test. Is there a setting to edit that reduces that number to something a bit less generous?

Do you have a mod that changes the science returns for all experiments?  

The ABS device is designed to return about 2 science per beep, but let's you run it over & over for hundreds of science if you spam it.  If you have a mod that maxes out your science so that you don't have to perform repeated science more than once, it will mess up the ABS science return.

"Science - Full reward!" is one that comes to mind.

Yes, I think it used to be called 'No more science grind' or something similar, but it does return the full value of an experiment on the first try. 

I just edited the config file to rerunnable=false. That should fix it.  A return of 2 from a launchpad test seems inline with other science results. 

Thanks @WildBillKerbin

Edit: Turns out that my change didn't resolve the issue. I still got 72 science in one shot. Next up will be to try to edit other stuff. 

Edited by Torgo
update

1 hour ago, Torgo said:

Yes, I think it used to be called 'No more science grind' or something similar, but it does return the full value of an experiment on the first try. 

I just edited the config file to rerunnable=false. That should fix it.  A return of 2 from a launchpad test seems inline with other science results. 

Thanks @WildBillKerbin

Agreed.  I like the fact that it's repeatable to the tune of hundreds of science, but that requires both time and effort from the user.  (And potential carpel tunnel syndrome.)

My current save is self-restricted to contract launches, though I do piggy-back other experiments onto one contract vessel.  So, I need each launch to have maximum potential for science.  That said, 300+ sci for one run of an experiment is just too close to cheating for my taste.

Hi

@plague006 typo corected :-)

On 4/23/2016 at 1:02 AM, WildBillKerbin said:

Agreed.  I like the fact that it's repeatable to the tune of hundreds of science, but that requires both time and effort from the user.

Thats how it was intended :-)

BTW: "Official" 1.1 updated now with brand new search tags :-)

I love this mod a lot! Thank you for updating it to 1.1. :)

Got a quick question though related to using Mkerb and 'Science - Full Reward!' together. I saw some posts above me from others where they noted that the two mods together accidentally make Mkerb ultra OP. The experiments all seem to give crazy amounts of science. I'm not asking you to support the mod or go out of your way or anything, but do you have any advice for how I might fix it? I like both mods, but I like yours better. :P

In the meantime I guess I'll uninstall 'Science - Full Reward!' :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.