TACLS Mining (addon to TAC LS)

StevenJ

TACLS Mining for version 1.02

I've always loved TACLS but disliked the fact there was little you could do off world to replenish your life support. This mod seeks to remedy this problem. It's one simple config file that allows the stock ISRU to mine water, oxygen, oxygen and liquid fuel, plus waste resources.

To install this simply put the folder "TACLSMining" into gamedata.

This mod requires TACLS for it to function.

I would suggest you also download MunSeeker Mk1 Greenhouse on the KSP forums so you can grow food. TACLS Mining is designed to mine waste resources for the MunSeeker Mk1 Greenhouse so you can grow food off world. Also 'biomass' option in ISRU is waste. I just didn't want to call it waste but biomass is waste.

Required

TAC Life Support http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/40667-1-0-2-TAC-Life-Support-v0-11-1-20-5Apr

Recommended

MunSeeker Mk1 Greenhouse http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84246-1-02-MunSeeker-Mk1-Greenhouse-(TAC-Life-Support-v0-11-1-20-add-on)-Update-May-4-2015

Download here

[Download link to defunct website removed by moderator]

License is MIT and is included in the download.

----------------------

The MIT License (MIT)

[OSI Approved License]

The MIT License (MIT)

Copyright © 2015 StevenJ

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy

of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal

in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights

to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell

copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is

furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in

all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR

IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,

FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE

AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER

LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,

OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN

THE SOFTWARE.

Edited by Snark
Download link to defunct website removed by moderator

• 2 weeks later...
StevenJ and Munseeker, this is great. MKS is so poorly documented that I've been hoping for an alternative for years! Thanks!

You are welcome! I'm hoping for some screenshots if you get my greenhouse into an exciting spot! :-)

StevenJ and Munseeker, this is great. MKS is so poorly documented that I've been hoping for an alternative for years! Thanks!

MKS is confusing but not poorly documented. There are a lot of MKS OKS players out there but thanks and I understand. I just wanted simplicity with mining and Roverdude left examples in the ISRU config on how the conversion function works so I just copy and pasted it into a new cfg and changed the resources the ISRU converts ore into into TACLS. Why have additional mining mods to add more parts, resources, etc, when you can just add a few new functions to the stock ISRU and then use that saved space for other mods? That's how I view it anyhow.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it 1.0.4 compatible? Great mods BTW, together with any greenhouse mod creates great work-around of MKS/OKS. As much as I love Roverdude´s USI mods, they tend to be tremendously RAM hungry (running win 32-bit)...

The mod has no dlls files, as long as TACLS is up to date it should work. All it does is modify the stock refinery to add additional functions to convert ore to TACLS resources.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone tested this for 1.0.5?... or even 1.0.4?

@StevenJ  Any updates on this?... Also, since this was hosted exclusively on [defunct website] , which has recently shutdown, any chance to get this rehosted on its replacement site, SpaceDock.info ?

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

• 7 years later...
2 hours ago, John Adler said:

Where do I find this mod now?

Hi there. Sadly, you don't. A good habit to have is to mouseover the mod maker's name or profile image to see if they're even still around. [defunct website] being gone is part of why we have SpaceDock now, but this mod likely won't be there.

Consider my mod for TAC compatible greenhouses. They include a (hopefully) very generous supply of Minerals and production chains around them. (There's an Extras folder with some optional patches in the download.)

If you find the amount of Minerals lacking for your play style or you need to mine things other than Minerals then consider Rational Resources (which affects resource placement and is designed with life support mods in mind) and Rational Resources Companion (which integrate some mining parts mods to provide for all the important mineable resources).

This mod provides parts for mining ground, seas and atmospheres and is affected by Rational Resources.

Edited by Snark
Defunct website redacted by moderator

2 hours ago, John Adler said:

Edit: I have just learned that [defunct website] has shut down.

Yeah, don't go to that website.  We have removed the link in the original post, and thank you for pointing that out to us.  

Otherwise, what @JadeOfMaar said is the best advice. Good luck!

@JadeOfMaar See, the issue with all of these mods is they're not what I'm looking for. All I need is a one-size-fits-all ISRU, that is to say, a single part capable of producing every single raw material/resource in-game, regardless of what planet it's on, or where it's placed. Call it cheaty, call it too OP, I don't care, but I downloaded a bunch of mods because I liked how the parts looked, yet I'd rather not deal with all of the complicated game mechanics that my mods add...

Edited by John Adler

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, alex66438 said:

ckan still links to the original download link

While this mod has merely been reposted on someone's Google Drive for another requester's convenience, it has not actually been adopted (such that they own and maintain the mod now) so the original place is still what CKAN will point to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.