[1.0x] Bacon Labs - Stockalike Ariane & More - Version 1.3.2 - New Descriptions! [21-June]

_Augustus_

What to do for 1.5?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What to do for 1.5?

Bacon Labs

"Ambitio itur ad astra."

image.php?u=118256&dateline=1423949850image.php?u=55092&dateline=1433130548&type=thumbimage.php?u=142259&dateline=1432765172&type=thumbimage.php?u=68590&dateline=1432766062&type=thumb

Bacon Labs is a mod that adds in stockalike versions of realistic spacecraft, as well as some other parts. It currently adds Kerbalized versions of the Ariane 5, Ariane 6, ATV, Vega, Orion, ICPS, and Space Launch System at an about-64% scale.

Our goal is to provide safe, reliable space access to your Kerbals, bringing them first to Low Kerbin Orbit, then to the Mun and beyond.

Downloads

FRO6RIX.png

Help

aXwZREll.png

XNO0ZAH.png

Known Bugs

None in stock game

Incompatible Mods

AdaptiveDockingNode, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, Navball Docking Port Alignment Indicator - All of these break the docking ports and spam nullrefs.

USI Life Support - Shadowmage is working with RoverDude to fix the autostage bug which breaks compatibility with the Auriga MPCV as well as many of his other parts, but for now this mod is incompatible.

Compatible Mods

RasterPropMonitor

TweakScale

MechJeb2

Hullcam VDS

Recommended Mods

KScale2 - 2x solar system, makes delta-v requirements pre-1.0. Also makes the SLS less overpowered.

Habitat Pack - BA-330s and Nautilus-X parts for all of your Kerbin System exploration needs.

More Info

For those who do not want any meat in this mod, DuoDex has made a fork.

For the dev thread, click here.

Source code for the included plugin can be found here.

To report bugs, click here.

Roadmap

Version 1.4 - Add a bunch of new lander parts, a Kerbin Departure Stage, and potentially SLS Block II boosters. (Estimated release: Before the end of August)

Contributors

(In chronological order)

image.php?u=118256&dateline=1423949850image.php?u=55092&dateline=1433130548&type=thumbunknown.gifimage.php?u=16436&dateline=1427999782&type=thumbimage.php?u=142259&dateline=1432765172&type=thumbunknown.gifimage.php?u=22435&dateline=1366352755&type=thumbimage.php?u=92978&dateline=1389480706&type=thumbimage.php?u=93381&dateline=1428433166&type=thumbimage.php?u=68590&dateline=1432766062&type=thumb

_Augustus_ - Owner, part config rebalancing and editing, 1.1 trailer, cookies

TheShadow1138 - Juno & Hestia rockets, bugfixes, help with updating for 1.0, SLS boosters

ESV originally by tdubic

sal_vager - Flag, help with licensing and stuff

Shadowmage - Auriga MPCV and ICPS

cipherpunks - Rebalancing configs and whatnot

BobCat, YANFRET - Space Launch System core stage, decoupler, and fairing base originally by BobCat, core stage retexture by Yanfret.

One-Way Films - 1.3 trailer

GreeningGalaxy - New part descriptions

License:

creativecommons.org.by-nc-sa.4.0.88x31.png - Except for "SLS" folder, which is under All Rights Reserved to BobCat.

Edited by Red Iron Crown

_Augustus_ I would strongly advise you make something for yourself before releasing this mod and claiming yourself as lead dev. While license wise you are doing nothing wrong it seems disingenuous to release something primarily by others, and quite insulting too.

[MOD - Augustus, you're going to have to remove your Bacon Labs flag and German Space Alliance ATV parts from your add-ons, as the original licence is All Right Reserved (and the original authors have explicitly asked you not to redistribute/remix their parts)]

Also, I personally don't think you should be advertising that you're the author of the Sarnus rocket parts until you've actually finished making them yourself.

_Augustus_ you need to be extremely careful about this sort of thing. You can't just take other people's work and use it as your own. I know you probably only mean well but I suggest you take this down and rethink the way you approach modding. Learn modelling, make a simple parts pack, learn how to do things for yourself as far as you possibly can. Collaborations are great but what you are doing here is not collaboration, you are just taking other people's work and effectively claiming it as your own.

People will respect you if you come to them with something you have made yourself and put some effort into. It gives your actions and what you say weight and meaning. Look at the way people like Beale and Porkjet approach things; they produce their own work with its own personality to it, and people look up to them because they bring something new and innovative to the table. What you have done here is to bring together a disparate collection of parts of varying looks and no distinct personality, none of which you have created yourself. There is nothing you can claim to be yours. Trust me, building a mod from the ground up and releasing it and seeing people comment on and enjoy work that you have made will bring much more satisfaction than collecting together assorted parts and releasing them as your own.

I don't mean to cause any offense by this because I know that you don't mean any harm and just want to get into parts modding. But this is not the way to do it. Make something yourself and both you and others will enjoy it a lot more.

_Augustus_ will change the flag, though it is based on a publicly available design.

I can confirm that _Augustus_ does have permission from CTN to use his parts.

_Augustus_ will be removing parts he does not currently have proof of permission until permission is obtained.

For the rest of you, this is not the way to deal with any member who you suspect of wrongdoing, I will thank all of you to act with more decorum in the future.

Thread re-opened.

Also, the flag does have prior art.

Edited by sal_vager

If you people aren't gonna say anything nice, don't say it at all.

And also: At the end of the day, we're just trying to have fun. The KSP community is the best one I've ever found, and yet everyone seems to enjoy hating on me.

People tried helping you. They tried to show you the ropes and etiquette and warn you of the taboo's but time and time again you have ignored this help and advice and repeated the same routines of scavenging and self promotion over and over.

Uhm, for the record, this is the real ATV flag:

And if you're all so angry, how about you stop making hate posts on here, and instead do it on the dev thread? No one complained when the mod was in development.

Actually, many of us did complain, and try give constructive critique, but you told us "to keep comments positive."

If you people aren't gonna say anything nice, don't say it at all.

As I've said before, that's not fair to ask of people.

And also: At the end of the day, we're just trying to have fun. The KSP community is the best one I've ever found, and yet everyone seems to enjoy hating on me.
You've been really dismissive of people who have genuinely tried to advise you on how to properly author a mod, and get involved with add-ons. You seem dead-set on trying to do everything a mod-author does, without actually doing any of the nuts and bolts work yourself. You have got to learn to model and texture if you want people to view you as a competent mod author.
Also, Kartoffelkuchen, could you delete that post? It's hateful and irrelevant.
I'm legitimately concerned that whatever he posted is now deleted. Hoping he did it voluntarily. Kartoffelkuchen has been pretty on point on what the problem is here, thought blunt he can be. Hoping whatever he said wasn't completely awful. I apologize if it was.

@benjee10 is totally right. What you're doing may not be illegal, and may not be violating licesnses (I think...) but it is definitely in poor taste, and in very bad form here. The drama that was brought over to the Tantares thread really bummed me out frankly. You need to stop biting off more than you can chew, and be realistic about your capabilities.

@sumghai is also correct. You shouldn't credit yourself for parts that you have yet to create... I mean... Why?

@sal_vager, I know you're doing your job, just try to understand both sides here while you're playing referee here. Maybe delve into the history of the mod, and look at how it was initially conceived. Pay a visit to the dev thread for Bacon Labs, and also the Tantares release thread. It's not all bad, and I don't think anyone here is unfairly treating @_Augustus_.

@_Augustus_, I'm genuinely sorry you're having a tough time here. Can you pleeeeeeaaaasee just listen to what many of us have been saying to you? Being twelve years old doesn't give you a free pass to avoid critique. Frankly, what you're capable of at twelve is fairly impressive, and we want to encourage you, really, we do. However, you need to pick up on what we've been telling you. Learn to model. Learn to texture. Stop relying on other people to do work for you. Be competent and skilled in your own right, and acquire the skills necessary to accomplish what you want to. If you keep kidding yourself about your abilities, you'll be met with critique and frustration at every turn.

I'll gladly give Bacon Labs a download, play around with it a bit, and be sure to submit reports on any bugs I find to try to improve the mod. Best of luck.

And if you're all so angry, how about you stop making hate posts on here, and instead do it on the dev thread? No one complained when the mod was in development.

I call foul on that, several people complained but since you only allow criticism if it shows you in a positive light you most likely reported all of the posts that had complaints and had them deleted as they were there and are now no longer there. The same thing seems to be happening here as literally as I was posting this some posts above mine disappeared by the time I hit "post".

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you can't post something here and expect people to "only give good feedback". If you refuse to listen to criticism both negative and positive you will never learn from your mistakes.

Edited by raidernick

_Augustus_ will be accepting all constructive feedback, whether critical or praising, and I will be helping him ensure his packs are legitimate before release.

I have been in contact with both -ctn- and Eudae55, _Augustus_ has permission to use these parts from -ctn, and Eudae55's work is public domain.

Edited by sal_vager

Hello, I won't enter in the debate as everything has been said.

I'm just asking if it is possible to have some more and bigger pictures of the stuff ? :)

You're kinda like a neutral party that walks in like "Um... guys?"

Or like when your friends are arguing with their parents and you're just awkwardly sitting and petting their dog. :P

You're kinda like a neutral party that walks in like "Um... guys?"

Or like when your friends are arguing with their parents and you're just awkwardly sitting and petting their dog. :P

There is a better way to describe my attitude http://replygif.net/i/187.gif

I just want to see some more of shadows work.

( Of course it's just a joke, I am not here to appreciate someone getting blamed. And I see no point at repeating what everyone else said before, I just want to see the parts shadows made come on guys :P )

Edited by spacecookie

Hello, I won't enter in the debate as everything has been said.

I'm just asking if it is possible to have some more and bigger pictures of the stuff ? :)

What you see is all of Shadow's work until he perhaps returns to do more stuff.

More drama........ Sorry, no clicks. From what I've seen so far this is nothing more than a compilation of the work of others and hardly deserves the right to call itself a "mod". It's closer to a collection of small mods each with their own unique art style and design. To me at least, this mod could do with a full overhaul of the textures to bring them more in line with both vanilla KSP, and each other. Until then, I'll be over there :D! *points dramatically

More drama........ Sorry, no clicks. From what I've seen so far this is nothing more than a compilation of the work of others and hardly deserves the right to call itself a "mod". It's closer to a collection of small mods each with their own unique art style and design. To me at least, this mod could do with a full overhaul of the textures to bring them more in line with both vanilla KSP, and each other. Until then, I'll be over there :D! *points dramatically
It's not. Shadow modeled exclusively for this mod.

What you see is all of Shadow's work until he perhaps returns to do more stuff.

I meant to put an imgur album with pictures of a larger dimension in your presentation post, the actuals are quite small :sticktongue: