Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

I just have one problem with all of this: When I strap Jeb to the nose of the Shuttle, I don't gain any aerodynamic improvements. This may have to do with the tape I'm using, or the fact that Squad changed the aerodynamic elasticity of a Kerbal, but I'd expect to gain something! But I did find out you can use the solid boosters as an effective alarm clock. I'm currently banned from living in cities.

Wow. Gotta be the post of the week! May get some shock heating protection from his big head in front of the nosecone LOL

Hey, mike, when can we,expect some more payloads? Don't want to sound demanding, but i am quite interested in the payloads atm.

Ah haaaaah yes. What would you like first?

- - - Updated - - -

When are the new crawlers coming out? I love them!

Once I suss out a few more issues. Want them to function and not make people upset with them not working right or something. I really should of finished them first before announcing them. But weekend is coming up. More time to work on mods

Hubble would be nice. The only other mod that has Hubble in it hasn't been updated since 0.25.

- - - Updated - - -

And since some of the payloads that already exist are for the Hubble Service

Missions (Carrier, FSS, etc.), it would be nice to have a Hubble that works with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the IUS Rotator would be nice. The American Probes pack already has an IUS, so being able to launch it realistically would be kinda nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Two other good payloads would be SPACEHAB (different from Spacelab), and the Long Duration Exposure Facility. I have a shuttle poster on my wall with the LDEF, so it'd be kinda cool to have in game... The Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer would be cool too, both for Shuttle and Station. AMS-1 flew on STS-91 before AMS-2 was built for Station.

Some of us web were,asking for the rotary communications satellites and the clamshell cradle they were launched from.

Like this?

shuttle-satellite-launch.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

There's a Hubble-derivative Telescope in HullcamVDS.

Yeah, there is, but a real Hubble that can attach to the related parts already in this pack would be cool.

I just would like them cause I've seen them in a lot of NASA footage... I'm a geek about this stuff....

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the LDEF should probably be built with some sort of docking node instead of a decoupled. The LDEF was built to be launched on shuttle, left there for a few months or years, then grabbed by the next shuttle and brought home...

The ET does not seperate anymore at newest update :( the forward does decouple but it stays connected at the aft :( :(

The only node is at the front. If it decouples at the forward but not aft, my guess is part clipping is causing it to get stuck... Try doing a normal time warp if it gets stuck, the parts should float away from each other harmlessly... As long as you don't exit time warp with them inside each other... That'll cause a big explosion....

The only node is at the front. If it decouples at the forward but not aft, my guess is part clipping is causing it to get stuck... Try doing a normal time warp if it gets stuck, the parts should float away from each other harmlessly... As long as you don't exit time warp with them inside each other... That'll cause a big explosion....

Thats not really a realistic solution for that problem. I prefer realistic missions.

Thats not really a realistic solution for that problem. I prefer realistic missions.

I know, but it's a workaround until the bug is fixed... Although I'm not sure about the bug because I didn't have that problem when I flew the latest version....

The telescope actually works? That's awesome!

It does, it was from one of my favorite mod packs back in the day. A lot of awesome ESA launchers and some great probes like Cassini, Viking, Venera and so on. The last update was to 0.25 I think.