Space Shuttle Pack for ksp 1.0.4 dev thread

Mike-NZ

V1.6 is up....

see page 1

I need testers for this to get a good idea on how things should be(fuel wise) and also any bugs or wanted changes as I haven't tested much...

I left the old version available incase this one doesn't work out.

if you don't like the fasa clamps then delete them

delete your old CSS install as there have been folder/ file changes.

need testing on: drogue chute

front rcs

fuel cells

aerodynamics

new weight layout

fuel dump valve

and the canadarm is wobbly in the cargobay and doesn't have a way to attach to things yet but I think the magnetic tip in Kerbal attachment system or infernal robotics? may work

also quantum struts to hold the canadarm during flight..?

please let me know

ENJOY!

got more on the way including high res textures!

oh and also what can be added to the orbiter?

good stuff jeast, your the man!

also just about to release 1.6... putting it together.

new addition:

http://i.imgur.com/PJGRHL5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I know its on wrong but its going through testing...

Awesome!!! How easy is it to place? I have no good relationship with the other canadarm mods as those give me bad luck with the nodes everytime.

Its worse now more than ever in my opinion. It should stay multiple parts like the original and just be adjusted for the 1.0.2 physics and aero. Not all changed up. The boosters i agree with. The new ones are good but the old decoupler for them works just fine. Why change it? Whatever you did to the model for the Shuttle broke it. Now it has collision issues with its self.

I'll be testing very shortly, I'll see what it is right and what is wrong. Mike I recommend using TAC fuel balancer to dump the excess monopropellent instead of the valve.

ADDON

The double parts is completely expected, the stock craft isn't working. Despite that, that launch is a complete breeze, orbit manuever is a complete breeze, reentry is complete breeze, just hold prograde, landing is a complete breeze.

10/10 breezy shuttle.

I had no problems with the auto rolling, no spinning reentry, it flys like a beauty. Great job on the release Mike and Jeast!

Edited by TheRag

@cheech. Your a tough critic. It still has all the parts so you can build it in multiple parts like normal you know

What do you mean by collision issues?

To me its not worse than ever

- - - Updated - - -

As for not wanting the fuel valve then don't put it on. You dont have to at all. And I can include tac fuel If you like I understand you dont need to modify the shuttle in any way

My telescope only went and broke on me...it's taking after the Hubble! Good thing I had this glorious shuttle to go and fix it

weLWmyY.png

Seriously though, amazing work has been done to this mod, and I am so grateful for it. Keep up the great work people!

Ok. How about I make a download for a stock standard CSS ONLY updated to run on 1.0.2 with no modifications. Dedicate it to you. It wont take long. You dont have to have the realism at all.

I have been joining parts to make it stable because people want one that doesnt fall appart or have a high part count

And the extras are also requests too...

@IDisOrder. Yes I have seen his ANIMATIONS but I wont put them on because thats his idea and stealing that would make him think his version is redundant. Best we wait for him to complete it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you MrMeeb. Its support that keeps me going. Sometimes the negatives make me want give up sometimes.

Buy remember it will be buggy and non functional. Its a work in progress and takes time and learning

My telescope only went and broke on me...it's taking after the Hubble! Good thing I had this glorious shuttle to go and fix it

http://i.imgur.com/weLWmyY.png

Seriously though, amazing work has been done to this mod, and I am so grateful for it. Keep up the great work people!

Ooooh how did you make Kerbin so good looking?

No its fine Mike i just like the texture switch for the cargo bay and crew cabin is all. I like to build the shuttle fleet. If you need help with textures i will try and help. Im getting the hang of blender now.

No I will still make the sock css for download. Some people wont want the addons anyway.

if youre getting into blender you have to get used to unity also. For collision mesh ect. Thats maybe why you have seen collosion issues and importing. as ive only recently learnt about all that...

The texture switch did work for the crew cabin but I think the mesh name changed so it wont apply. I will fix tonight. Shoyld be just a cfg edit

What a nice job done. Big gratz Mike and Jeast.

I am a bit buys in RL these days. But will try to finish the last few things this week.

Have a nice day

I agree, I like the new single piece. However I would miss the texture switch.

Texture switch will remain on one piece. And infact can be sections like it is now or complete texture change.

What you guys rekon?

But I rushed the last release so I missed some things but will get it going again

Also

Any one keen to be a tester on the dreamchaser and ISS mods?

Keen to get them going for 1.0.2

Sure, I'd be happy to test out Dreamchaser and ISS. Keep me in the loop on this side project.

Ah so you are the maker of those cool vids I used to watch. Quite honoured to be helping get you the shuttle back

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to land the shuttle but it just rolls on reentry

Hey Jeast what do you rekon will help this?

I just realised I forgot to include your flight instructions. Shal I post them on the front page?

I dont think the 1.6 update would of done this unless its due to the reduction in weight in the engine mount...

But I recomend that you keep it pointed at prograde vector until at a low altitude for now