"Duna, Ore Bust!" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (COMPLETE)

Ah, but if I put that bridge on a real spacecraft, the air will not be OK--and I would like to pretend it is an actual pressurized bridge for purposes of your entertainment :)

Or you could just hack gravity and do it in Kerbin's atmosphere.

Can we hope for Jeb's version of the Kerbahashi Maru test? That should be very ... interesting. :cool:

Sorry, only Command pilots and Bill (who was on that track until he was kicked out for cheating ) take it. Maybe there's another training trope I will throw at Jeb one of these days :)

- - - Updated - - -

I think Kuzzter wants to use that thing for Jool exploration (and science)

Correct--I want a big ship to go to Jool, with a bridge.

I wonder if these interludes are why Bob suddenly pulled away from Clauselle in the E:O0 poll. He does have the unfair advantage of appearing in both comics simultaneously.

I think it's just his good looks. :) Or maybe he's ahead due to sympathy for his plight. It's not his fault he's stuck camping at his wreckage. That's on Tedus (and Kuzzter).

Happy landings!

Hey Kuzz, both segments of Part 3 are out on Minmus Explorers. .

Thanks, I have it subscribed, so already got the notification :)

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's just his good looks. :) Or maybe he's ahead due to sympathy for his plight. It's not his fault he's stuck camping at his wreckage. That's on Tedus (and Kuzzter).

Yeah, I think maybe he speaks to all of us technical folks who get put in that kind of situation all the time (though hopefully with less permanent consequences!)

Sorry, only Command pilots and Bill (who was on that track until he was kicked out for cheating ) take it. Maybe there's another training trope I will throw at Jeb one of these days :)

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LuckyBastard, maybe?

Correct--I want a big ship to go to Jool, with a bridge.

IIRC, you plan on using USI-LS for the Jool trip. In case you haven't played with that much yet, be advised that EVA Kerbals carry zero supplies but instead work under the "can go 2 weeks without any" rule. While EVA Kerbals won't go dormant and can be left in external seats for the duration, that's kinda cruel, don't you think? :D

Yeah, I think maybe he speaks to all of us technical folks who get put in that kind of situation all the time (though hopefully with less permanent consequences!)

"Theirs is not to reason why

Theirs is but to do and die"

I always thought of him as more of a Crazy Awesome.

And now, some closure for Lisa's arc:

rpuwJcx.png

Bill is next, and then the next Duna team update will be somewhere near Kerbin! Hmm, I wonder what Bill could possibly be thinking about as he goes back into hibe...?

Edited by Kuzzter
Can't stop wordsmithing this one for some reason.

Now that's what i call character development :) From shy mouse, into a space hardened scientist. And as for that weak stomach...Lord Nelson puked his guts out every time he put to the sea. If it didn't stop him, why should Lisa be bothered? :)

Lisa's come a long way since her first interlude. In more ways than one. :)
Now that's what i call character development :) From shy mouse, into a space hardened scientist. And as for that weak stomach...Lord Nelson puked his guts out every time he put to the sea. If it didn't stop him, why should Lisa be bothered? :)

Thanks, really appreciate that! Expect to see more of Lisa in future stories, she's really grown on me and I'm very happy with how her character turned out.

Bill is next, and then the next Duna team update will be somewhere near Kerbin! Hmm, I wonder what Bill could possibly be thinking about as he goes back into hibe...?

Not only do you tease us, but then you leave us hanging...

Wanting the next installment so intensely that I can't help but check back here every five minutes! :)

Happy landings!

Wanting the next installment so intensely that I can't help but check back here every five minutes! :)

I'm afraid it's not close :( This is the latest thing I've been working on:

W4lbtL9.png

What you're looking at (L-R) is a class-E rock in LKO, the "control tower" for a completely awesome space station I want to build onto said rock, the Kranefly asteroid hauler docked to the control tower and being used as a tugship (the tower has no means of propulsion), and the discarded boosters that got the tower to this point.

Like the song says, it's a year until Hummlebee gets to Kerbin SOI and I would not want to give the impression that Kerfleet has been idle in that time--so I have to build this awesome station before I timewarp to Ch.6. However I am fighting the Kraken with both hands. Right after I took this screenshot something took the asteroid in its tentacles and flung it at 1800m/s away from the ships. So I have a persistence file to edit... anyway had to manage this before I got to work, so I missed the window this morning to do Bill's interlude. Will do my best to have something later on today, because I do want to start Ch6 on or before the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Does she save the sensors or just does this to get the data, and then lets them burn on reentry, later doing the same thing with new sensors who are unaware of what's gonna happen to them? :o

Well remember, this is a hibernation dream (as noted by the cloudy blue "thought balloon" behind the images) Lisa may or may not speak to the sensors when she's awake; but at that time they do not talk back :) And whattaya mean "burn on reentry"? How little faith you have in Jeb! :)

I like the 'awesome space station' Kerbfleet is constructing.

Fight that Kraken! Wonder what summoned it? Were you klawed to the asteroid at the time?

No worries about when the interlude comes. Anticipation just enhances the enjoyment! And Kuzzter has a RL too.

Thanks, as always.

Happy landings!

Fight that Kraken! Wonder what summoned it? Were you klawed to the asteroid at the time?

No, I had detached the Kranefly and disarmed its claw. The attachment claw for the control tower was still stowed. The problem happened when I undocked the two boosters--I had docked them to the Control Tower for launch rather than use decouplers because I wanted to use the ports on the Control Tower to attach the landing platforms and other stuff later.

Yes, I said landing platforms.

Anyway I went in and manually edited the asteroid's orbit and got it back within 2km of the ships. All looks OK to hook up the control tower now, and then I can see about those platforms :)

ETA: I will at some point put together a non-comix report on the station process: asteroid capture, Control Tower, etc. And yes this is the same damn asteroid you have been seeing me work with since the early pages of D:OB!

Wow, are you even paid by contracts for such thing?
Nope, I'm just in it for the lulz and the awesome. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm definitely intrigued.

Happy landings (on platforms?)!

Progress! The control tower is attached: u6dvAKb.png

Platforms need a little re-think though, I started putting some together in the VAB and they would have to be huge just to fit a Gliido or Pogo.

XQJeHAL.png

Idea is that one or two platforms would dock to the tower with the edge nearly flush against the asteroid. Each would be illuminated by the light from the tower and viewable from the cupolas. Would also have some footlights on the platforms to throw light against the rock wall. Anyway, maybe Ill just put mooring posts on the platform, that way a ship could dock with nose to the asteroid and crews would still have a platform 'walkway' to get to the tower.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.