[1.2.2] Phoenix Industries Cargo Resupply System (KIS/MechJeb Compatible) v2.2

-ctn-

Curious. My 2.5m trunk is only 1.25m. I missed something.

You'd be right. I somehow skipped or wrote over the rescaleFactor = 2 line in the config file.

Fixed version is up on KerbalStuff and Curse... Sorry!

Wow, that CRS is awesome :D! I really like it, it's stock-alike, has a minimal RAM footprint and looks cool! I would like if the trunk could be partly hollow like the real one. For the manned version, as Tygoo already made a stock-alike Dragon V2, you could maybe make a Dragonrider capsule.

I know, there already is a mod that ads one, but that mod is sadly one of those un-maintained zombie-mods. I hope for more parts, keep up the good work :wink:!

I think it would be cool for the trunk to be hollow, and you could see inside whatever you have in there via KIS. But I don't know if that's even possible with KSP without doing some hefty, hefty coding.

What exactly do you mean a working dual size? As in, both sizes working at the same time? I really intended it to be only 1.25m, as I feel people really forget about that size of rockets- but I got a lot of people complaining that it was too small...

I prefer the smaller version, and if anyone wants both at the same time you could change the names (of both file and config) of the 2,5 part .cfg's, they use the same as assets I believe. And then place files in the correct folders.

Loving the mod, looks very good.

I had a weird bug/issue when using the shrouded panels, when under aerodynamic stress the focus of the camera would drift away from the centre of the craft. Couldn't not grab the log.

If they keep acting up I suppose you could make the shrouds into separate parts and connect them with nodes at the sides of the truck that you could decouple. However you would need to change the heat shield decouple function of the trunk to the shield.

But the non shrouded ones work fine, the only thing I would say I am missing is a nose cone.

Edited by 4nxs

I do plan to change the CFG files so that both versions are available in game at once for the next update.

And yes, the shrouded panels are pretty buggy on my machine too. I really want to keep them in one part but will require a bit more tinkering to get it to work. I also plan on making the trunk hollow inside and removing it's KIS storage space, so that it becomes purely "unpressurized" cargo.

Can't we have both trunks :) hehe more parts :)

EDIT- How we get the solar panel shroud to show they just look like solar panels and looking at the cfg they have all the solar panels setting on them ?

Edited by Mecripp2

I think it would be better to have the capsule use KIS and the trunk to be hollow for batteries/life support/ monopropellant / science instrument attachment - thus replicating pressurized storage vs unpressurized storage...

Besides, you can also keep the trunk from an earlier version and change the cfg file to have both options.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't we have both trunks :) hehe more parts :)

EDIT- How we get the solar panel shroud to show they just look like solar panels and looking at the cfg they have all the solar panels setting on them ?

The shrouds don't show up in the VAB but they load upon launch.

I see now they just show the panels at the launch pad lol and the picture of the Phoenix is right but the name is backwards lol and one panels is Jettison the wrong way and throwing a Null error.

Edited by Mecripp2

Here is a MM patch if you want the part in all 3 sizes you can fill in the blanks to your liking

+PART[Capsule]
{
@name = Capsule_2
@rescaleFactor = 2
@TechRequired =
@entryCost =
@cost =
@mass =
}

+PART[Capsule]
{
@name = Capsule_3
@rescaleFactor = 3
@TechRequired =
@entryCost =
@cost =
@mass =

}

+PART[picax]
{
@name = picax_2
@rescaleFactor = 2
@TechRequired =
@entryCost =
@cost =
@mass =

}

+PART[picax]
{
@name = picax_3
@rescaleFactor = 3
@TechRequired =
@entryCost =
@cost =
@mass =

}

+PART[solar]
{
@name = solar_2
@rescaleFactor = 2
@TechRequired =
@entryCost =
@cost =
@mass =

}

+PART[solar]
{
@name = solar_3
@rescaleFactor = 3
@TechRequired =
@entryCost =
@cost =
@mass =

}

+PART[solarshroud]
{
@name = solarshroud_2
@rescaleFactor = 2
@TechRequired =
@entryCost =
@cost =
@mass =

}

+PART[solarshroud]
{
@name = solarshroud_3
@rescaleFactor = 3
@TechRequired =
@entryCost =
@cost =
@mass =

}

+PART[trunk]
{
@name = trunk_2
@rescaleFactor = 2
@TechRequired =
@entryCost =
@cost =
@mass =

}

+PART[trunk]
{
@name = trunk_3
@rescaleFactor = 3
@TechRequired =
@entryCost =
@cost =
@mass =

}

You want to move the CTN folder from the zip into the GameData directory for KSP.

I'm glad you like it! So far everyone seems to enjoy it, which is great! It's not perfect and there's some things I'm not sure I can fix or do, but I think it looks pretty good and works fairly well.

KerbalStuff automatically loads to CKAN as far as I'm aware, since I've never used it and would rather not... The current version on KerbalStuff (1.3.1) should be all good as far as 2.5m goes. Not sure why CKAN isn't getting the most recent version.

I'm a little weary about doing integrated docking ports, as the issues everyone has been having wih benjee10 and his Endurance mod.

I'll test it out when I have some time to consider it for an update.

This seems perfectly suited to routine mission manager.

I hadn't seen that mod before, it looks pretty awesome!

UPDATED TO VERSION 1.4.

v1.4 Changelog:

Added CFG files so both sizes are available in-game at the same time

Added extra Trunk part that is hollow inside for surface-attachable parts

Added README.txt in zip file

Further tinkering with shrouded solar panels

Rebalanced KIS storage space to reflect actual dimensions of parts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.