[1.2.2] Phoenix Industries Cargo Resupply System (KIS/MechJeb Compatible) v2.2

-ctn-

22 hours ago, -ctn- said:

Actually, I was just taking a peek at your Falcon 9. ;)

The bottom of the adapter is 2.5m. I will use the configs to make a duplicate, scaled for 1.25m rockets, just like the current version of the mod.

What do you mean by "RP configs"? I'm not sure what "RP" means.

EDIT: Whipped up some solar panels. That's it for today, I think. After the weekend, I'll try to texture everything and try to get it all working in-game.

NYHwkcm.jpg

Wow that is gorgeous... 

Yes, @Tristonwilson12, RP as in Real Plumes. I'm glad someone knows what I'm talking about. :P

Once this gets in game I'd be more than happy to provide configs for RP. :3

Are you using the latest update? Are you decoupling in orbit?

The solar panels in this mod allow surface attachment by other items, so when the shrouds are attached to them, they decouple as intended. I haven't tried the shrouds with any of the stock panels (that do not allow surface attachment.)

Also, gravity may cause the shrouds to pull down and hang on the panels, instead of floating safely away. 

4 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Wow that is gorgeous... 

Yes, @Tristonwilson12, RP as in Real Plumes. I'm glad someone knows what I'm talking about. :P

Once this gets in game I'd be more than happy to provide configs for RP. :3

I would be happy to include a confit for RealPlume, if you would be kind enough to make it. 

On 2/11/2016 at 7:28 PM, -ctn- said:

It works fine in 1.0.5, but I wanted to keep the update reserved for when I get the new models and textures done. Speaking  of, here's some progress photos:

EsDumWV.jpg

I think I'll work on modeling the new solar panels next. Then will come texturing and finally, the hopefully not-so-tedious-this-time Unity/config work.

On 2/11/2016 at 7:47 PM, -ctn- said:

Actually, I was just taking a peek at your Falcon 9. ;)

The bottom of the adapter is 2.5m. I will use the configs to make a duplicate, scaled for 1.25m rockets, just like the current version of the mod.

What do you mean by "RP configs"? I'm not sure what "RP" means.

EDIT: Whipped up some solar panels. That's it for today, I think. After the weekend, I'll try to texture everything and try to get it all working in-game.

NYHwkcm.jpg

Hot dayummmmmm!

Just now, -ctn- said:

So everybody likes the new models so far? I was wondering how detailed to make them, if I should keep them slightly low-res / kerbalized like they currently are. 

Personal I love greeble. The more details the better, but I'll use then either way.

https://kerbalx.herokuapp.com/jivaii/Stock-Resupply-Launcher

https://kerbalx.herokuapp.com/jivaii/Resupply-Launcher

Made two craft, one is made with stock parts (TweakableEverything not needed), the other a fair bit more modded. Solar panel fairings are placed properly, and the staging is good to go (I'll likely update them with action groups, like an abort function) 

@-ctn-, you're more then welcome to add in my launcher (the stock one at least) to a download pack. If you want someone to help de-bug/break the update, I'm more then willing =D

No ETA, but "soon." I put it on the back burner this weekend, I had a funeral to attend and spent some time with friends and family. 

I'll get back to work this week - I want to look over the models and make sure I'm happy with them, then start texturing. 

1 minute ago, -ctn- said:

No ETA, but "soon." I put it on the back burner this weekend, I had a funeral to attend and spent some time with friends and family. 

I'll get back to work this week - I want to look over the models and make sure I'm happy with them, then start texturing. 

ah, my best wishes to you and your family.

Don't know if you've planned it or not, but how are you planning on making the nose cone separate? Because on the real dragon launches, the nose cone is jettisoned while the second stage is burning. Would the nose cone have solid fuel to push it up and away or not? Thanks.

7 hours ago, BananaIsAFruit said:

Don't know if you've planned it or not, but how are you planning on making the nose cone separate? Because on the real dragon launches, the nose cone is jettisoned while the second stage is burning. Would the nose cone have solid fuel to push it up and away or not? Thanks.

A powerful decoupler (with a very small SRB to push it off to the side) would work too.

On February 14, 2016 at 11:40 AM, -ctn- said:

7 posts up... :)

On February 13, 2016 at 6:43 PM, BananaIsAFruit said:

Loved this mod since it was released. I do think you should keep the texturing the way it is though as I've always liked it that way. The new parts/model look great! Keep up the good work.

Agreed. I think you should also roll out textures that are more "realistic" (i.e. they look more like the dragon IRL) using the firespitter plugin, which allows you to change the textures of parts in the VAB.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.