SELV - Stockalike Expendable Launch Vehicles V.1.4 - Updated 25/09/2015

KKwG50T.png

Hello guys! This is a modpack which includes stockalike rockets, which are (a little) based on real world rockets, but with the KSP-Touch on them.

On the beginning, I was working on only one stockalike rocket, but making it was quite funny, so I packed that into this project. As the name says, the goal of this project is to add (more or less) stockalike rockets, which are partly based on real world rockets.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

License: All rights reserved.

Note: You may edit parts of this mod and upload it to the public, if I gave you the permission for this. To get a permission, please write me a PM.

DOWNLOAD FROM KERBALSTUFF

Since this is my first stockalike mod, I would be really grateful about feedback, which things are good and what needs to be improved! :)

Modpacks made for this:

[TABLE=class: outer_border, width: 600, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]Aura Texture Pack 1.0 by Fr3aKyHDx

A really great looking visual overhaul of the Aura parts. Complete new textures and new FX for an even better playing experience!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Download from Mediafire[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

The FX are alittle ways from the engines and did you mean to leave the blender file in the folder ? Other then that great job very nice little launcher :)

EDIT- Kerbal up your files :)screenshot0.png

Edited by Mecripp2

Oh thanks for the applause guys! :] :D

@MeCripp:Oh, erm no the blend files shoudn't be included! :/ I don't know how they found their way into the zip file. :# And that flag on the interstage is nice! Though the fairing looks wrong...^^

And yeah, aura is indeed based on the Delta's, you are right sp1989! :)

Yep used the texture on the interstage for the fairing which you can see are alittle darker might try and use a tank texture for the fairing and see how it looks.

EDIT- LOL looks like it's already been used and got alittle hot on the fairing.

I love the Idea of this mod, however, where do I put the Whizzy Liquid Engine Cluster-5576 file? I put the SELV file in KSP's Gamedata, but I am confused as to where I put the Cluster engine model.

Thanks for your time!

If it is a .blend file, simply delete it. Somehow the have found their way into the zip file, I can't delete them right now because I am kinda on holiday until Monday. Only folders, pngs mu files and cfg files should be in your gamedata folder. ;)

Thanks for all your very positive feedback guys! :]

So, I have started a new career and put this mod in. Haven't had a chance to try it yet but I did have a chance to get that first 4 nozzle engine. With 100 thrust. And 391 VAC ISP.

You sir are my hero! I would give you more rep but I think it is too soon since last time. Let me try anyway.

Version 1.1 released!

What's new?

• 2.5m Engine (LV-65 "Peacewalker")

• 2.5m Long Fuel Tank

Doesn't sound too much, though it makes really fun to play with it and it offers many new possibilites, for example an ICBM:

Atlas-B_ICBM.jpgn4jafsZ.png

or an early Atlas rocket:

270px-DF-SC-99-00074_cropped_and_rotated.jpeg0Jo2VEf.pngFL4yJvv.png

or the Mercury - Atlas variation:

Mercury-Atlas_3_launch.jpgtnSI3ok.png

You can download the new version from Kerbalstuff

Note: Those parts are not correctly embedded in the techtree yet, they will get included later but for now they are not!

I really do wish we had a better upperstage rocket with this pack. The upper stage rocket engine as is is far too weak to launch higher payloads into a full orbit. The poodle is 250 in vac, and the LV is 60, while yours is only 100. Could you possibly make something like a skipper for heavier payloads?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.