SELV - Stockalike Expendable Launch Vehicles V.1.4 - Updated 25/09/2015

Yes, they are supposed to do that. I didn't want Merlins without the exhaust pipes, they are very unique, so there was no other way to make the exhaust pipe not clipping through the bottom. But I think they also do that in real F9, but they are rotated inside so they can't be seen from the outside, and I would suggest doing the same. ;)

Yes, they are supposed to do that. I didn't want Merlins without the exhaust pipes, they are very unique, so there was no other way to make the exhaust pipe not clipping through the bottom. But I think they also do that in real F9, but they are rotated inside so they can't be seen from the outside, and I would suggest doing the same. ;)

I did do that, it just seemed... strange. Other than that, very nice rocket. I combined that and Phoenix Industry's Dragon and made a pretty cool stack.

Yeah okay, but thanks! :)

I've noticed a bug with some F9 parts: The Falcon Heavy Noseonce, Control Unit and the Fuel Tanks get bigger when you reload from an earlier point of the mission, though I have already found the cause for that. Expect a hotfix soon!

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

caKMssN.png

Changelog

Fixed two critical bugs:

• Fixed Bug where SpaceK Long & Medium Fuel Tank and SpaceK FCU & SpaceK Nosecone were rescaling to 1 after Quickloading or Reverting Flights
  • Fixed Kerlin 1D clipping bug (This bug happened when you put the K1D's in the Engine Housing, they were clipping inside of each other, which caused collider errors, long loading times, performance hits, and exploding engines or even disintegrating rockets

Further Tweaks:

• Tweaked performance of the SpaceK engines (lowered Isp and Thrust)
  • Increased amount of Fuel in SpaceK upper stage tank

DOWNLOAD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bump.... Any one there? I heard the words Saturn 1B and everything goes silent for a week
here are Summer-Holidays in GER. Kartoffelkuchen will be back in around 2 weeks.

Yes, exactly, I had summer holidays and I was on a trip, but now I am back. I will start with the Saturn IB soon, just wait. :P

• 2 weeks later...

@Merill: I'll look into that.

@MajorLeau..bla, I had no time for this at all, Launchers Pack "stole" most of my time. Though that should be released before this weekend, and after that, I'll have more time again. I will start with the Saturn IB on that weekend, and I believe I should have most of the stuff modelled by next week monday, so I can show off some images already. Then about one more month for texturing and balancing, and then release. I think about making something like Energija, but with 1.875m Shuttle-based SRB, which could also be used for my own idea of how a Kerbalized Space Launch System could look like after the IB, but that's still a bit.

If you have any other ideas, let me know! :)

--EDIT--

@_Augustus_: Not sure about that, I think I'd like to make a kerbalized SLS first, but I will come back to your idea at some point!

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

@Merill: I'll look into that.

@MajorLeau..bla, I had no time for this at all, Launchers Pack "stole" most of my time. Though that should be released before this weekend, and after that, I'll have more time again. I will start with the Saturn IB on that weekend, and I believe I should have most of the stuff modelled by next week monday, so I can show off some images already. Then about one more month for texturing and balancing, and then release. I think about making something like Energija, but with 1.875m Shuttle-based SRB, which could also be used for my own idea of how a Kerbalized Space Launch System could look like after the IB, but that's still a bit.

If you have any other ideas, let me know! :)

For the love of Kod, please make the SLS/Energia core stage 5m.

5m, or 4.375m, I will see what fits better. 5m is already a bit too big in my eyes, though it won't be smaller than 4.375m, how else could you launch your single piece Duna base with a weight of 30t? :D
4.25m fits better with the stock parts, it's exactly .625m less than 5m and .625m more than 3.75m..

-Kartoffelkuchen, I think you should make a Saturn Multi body or something like that. I asked SnowWhite in his OMSK thread but that looks like it's in a death spiral

Pics here: http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/lib/exe/detail.php/timelines/saturnic_mb.png?id=timelines%3Aeyes_turned_skyward_spacecraft_and_launch_vehicle_technical_data

And technical data in this page, if you scroll down a bit: http://wiki.alternatehistory.com/doku.php/timelines/eyes_turned_skyward_spacecraft_and_launch_vehicle_technical_data

Edited by MajorLeaugeRocketScience

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.