My Apologies

Space_Can

Getting upset about people playing poorly is an easy trap to fall into for someone who has a lot of skill at a game. I've seen it happen countless times, and done it myself many times as well. The secret is to just calm down and realize that it doesn't actually matter if someone else is not as good at whatever it is they're doing as you are. Especially when it's just a game. Yes, there are plenty of folks who don't understand the fundamentals of flight. For the majority of the history of our species, that included everyone alive.

Though it is a bit disheartening when their attempts to solve a problem involve making things worse or missing something really obvious... I'm sure in the future we'll feel that way about a lot of things we previously did in ignorance. That would not be a first.

This is a very good point, and I am highly ashamed of making fun of my fellow man, I'll ask a moderator to close the thread.

Edited by sheirtzler18

Right... but by his own admission he didn't play with airplanes. Airplanes/ spaceplanes are the most difficult thing to master in this game.

I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt instead of pointing and laughing, and I think most would agree I know a thing or 3 about this.

Best,

-Slashy

Right... but by his own admission he didn't play with airplanes. Airplanes/ spaceplanes are the most difficult thing to master in this game.

I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt instead of pointing and laughing, and I think most would agree I know a thing or 3 about this.

Best,

-Slashy

I'll just point out that the Wright Brothers showed you need three axis control over 100 years ago.

It was interesting to see him trying to figure out things like yaw-roll coupling as he was flying, though. ("When I turn it left it rolls right. Why does it do that?" -- In his case, he had such a huge rudder that the torque generated by the rudder was rolling his whole plane.)

Edited by mikegarrison

Heh, in OP's defense, I've never seen nerd^3 not suck at something. I wanted to manifest flames in his lungs watching his FTL let's play. He. Did. Not. Pause. You can only get away with that if you don't suck. He...did not have that condition in place.

He didn't seem to make any mistakes. To me it looked like he staged a lot of failures intentionally, that doesn't define "mistake".

I vaguely remembered subscribing to this youtuber until I watched it and remembered why I unsubbed. The idiocy in his vids get real old, real quick. Now if you're after some REAL idiocy, you need to watch Robbaz, King of Sweden, Lord of the Vikings, Destroyer of all that is Kerbal. All Hail Robbaz.

I vaguely remembered subscribing to this youtuber until I watched it and remembered why I unsubbed. The idiocy in his vids get real old, real quick. Now if you're after some REAL idiocy, you need to watch Robbaz, King of Sweden, Lord of the Vikings, Destroyer of all that is Kerbal. All Hail Robbaz.

At least Robbaz's idiocy comes from him dropping a tank out of a superbomber into the desert in order to destory a thousand-part cube that survived deorbiting, which is impressive in itself.

Heh, in OP's defense, I've never seen nerd^3 not suck at something. I wanted to manifest flames in his lungs watching his FTL let's play. He. Did. Not. Pause. You can only get away with that if you don't suck. He...did not have that condition in place.

Oooh.... I haven't even seen the video and I'm wincing.

Under pain of forum-ban I am forbidden to say anything except 'fail' videos are an excellent way to demonstrate KSP. Educational videos, such as Scott Manley's are also allowed. Other media are forbidden (except birthday cakes, which will be shown in fanworks).

Getting upset about people playing poorly is an easy trap to fall into for someone who has a lot of skill at a game. I've seen it happen countless times, and done it myself many times as well. The secret is to just calm down and realize that it doesn't actually matter if someone else is not as good at whatever it is they're doing as you are. Especially when it's just a game. Yes, there are plenty of folks who don't understand the fundamentals of flight. For the majority of the history of our species, that included everyone alive.

Though it is a bit disheartening when their attempts to solve a problem involve making things worse or missing something really obvious... I'm sure in the future we'll feel that way about a lot of things we previously did in ignorance. That would not be a first.

Weird hating going on here...

I guess most of you have made those mistakes yourself and is upset at someone poking fun at it

Not so much. I'm just not interested in making fun of people who aren't as good at something as I am. It shows poor character IMO.

YMMV,

-Slashy

Getting upset about people playing poorly is an easy trap to fall into for someone who has a lot of skill at a game. I'm sure in the future we'll feel that way about a lot of things we previously did in ignorance. That would not be a first.

True enough, and I'll let a lot of things slip on by when someone just doesn't know about them, as I cannot be angry at that, only sad; but willfully ignoring key information and failing to apply information just learned? Therein lies the difference between ignorance and stupidity, newbs and n00bz. That sort of behaviour makes me want to put liquid tungsten next to something they cherish. (Note that I'm going off the searing memory of that awful FTL run and have not seen the KSP video.)

True enough, and I'll let a lot of things slip on by when someone just doesn't know about them, as I cannot be angry at that, only sad; but willfully ignoring key information and failing to apply information just learned? Therein lies the difference between ignorance and stupidity, newbs and n00bz. That sort of behaviour makes me want to put liquid tungsten next to something they cherish. (Note that I'm going off the searing memory of that awful FTL run and have not seen the KSP video.)

I generally find that, when someone intentionally ignores what they've learned, they either did not actually learn the lesson they should have (a very common thing indeed!), they failed on purpose for laughs, or they have an agenda that would result in a better outcome for them personally if they did not learn the lesson. I'm thinking the second one is probably the case here...

just watched the vid, i think he understood KSP's primary rule perfectly:

- Have Fun!

i'm under the impression he had some... nothing wrong with that.

"Scott Manley! You lied to me..."

Hahaha, favourite quote! :)

Not so much. I'm just not interested in making fun of people who aren't as good at something as I am. It shows poor character IMO.

YMMV,

-Slashy

I'm with Slashy on this one I'm afraid... pretty poor form to make fun of someone like this, especially behind their back. Surely a better place to comment on the video would be youtube where he could at least post comments in response.

We all had to start somewhere and Kerbal does have quite a steep learning curve at first.