Eve for Valentine (Val's journey to purple planet)

Expedition to Eve with landing:

1. One launch, no nuclear on ion powered engines, fast transfers burns;

2. Start mass on launchpad - 919t (parts - 184, cost - 514 782$);

3. Eve lander mass - 116t, 84 parts (ascent craft 94.4t, 26 parts). Lander can return capsule from sea level, but not designed to land in liquid. Lander has 4 stages (3 stages for ascent vehicle);

4. Unusual scheme for Val's embarking to surface (not for science expedition), rover included.

Download link

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Wow. Such a nicely designed rocket! Barely any fluff, yet it fits together very beautifully... the staging arrangement is just neat.

Rune. A lot of kudos to you!

Beautiful. This is the complete package. Sea level return, aesthetically pleasing design, low parts, and as a bonus you fit a rover into an already dV tight design!

I see it says not for science expedition. Does this mean it doesn't have science instruments on it? That would be cool to include for completeness, unless they're not already included. :)

I used for crew embarking stock crew transfer from upper cabin to bottom with ladder (and back), in this case all science data will be stored in the bottom cabin and lost on Eve surface after ascent. If you want to return science data to Kerbin, you need to make long ladder from the bottom to the top of craft with no parts placed in the main ascent vehicle (all details should be trowed away before ascent). And ladders at the bottom of craft should be covered by some way, because ladders very like to melt in time of aerobraking. It is not very complex, but time locust task and i am too lazy for it :wink:

its actually that easy to escape eve now?

in the past year or two ive not so much as touched eve with any manned missions because i thought returning was impossible, but ya just need that?

im really glad aerodynamics are updated..

its actually that easy to escape eve now?

in the past year or two ive not so much as touched eve with any manned missions because i thought returning was impossible, but ya just need that?

im really glad aerodynamics are updated..

Guess it takes someone like Valentina to do the risk LD

Congrats, very inventive and inovative. I love your choices for staging. And you solve the problem of having a capsule atop the rocket with a ridiculously long ladder very elegantly.

MESKLIN you have become a god :wink:. Glory Koviet engineering success, congratulations! Very impressive and motivating me to think again about a kerbaled evelanding, i never tried seriously.

Have a good Time

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats for your achievment and cool album, OP. Make a video next time!

A couple of questions about your design...

What mod do you use to make Val take off her helmet on Kerbin?

Why did you put the return capsule in a service bay?

Congrats for your achievment and cool album, OP. Make a video next time!

A couple of questions about your design...

What mod do you use to make Val take off her helmet on Kerbin?

Why did you put the return capsule in a service bay?

1. Mod for take off helmet in breathable atmosphere is Texture Replacer (by default this mod off helmet on Kerbin only)

2. I hided return ship in service bay for minimizing size of ship and for more neat design. In one service I placed cabin for embarking, in second - rover, last one service bay was empty and have enough space for return ship.

1. Mod for take off helmet in breathable atmosphere is Texture Replacer (by default this mod off helmet on Kerbin only)

I just thought I'd mention A_name, if you want a mod that will allow you to take a Kerbal's helmet off - a less memory intensive alternative is the Kerbal Inventory System - which lets you remove a Kerbal's helmet at the click of a button. There's even a little Ffffft! sound when you do! :)

2. I hided return ship in service bay for minimizing size of ship and for more neat design. In one service I placed cabin for embarking, in second - rover, last one service bay was empty and have enough space for return ship.

Which if I may say Mesklin, was utterly genius! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.