Do you have a screenshot that makes you laugh every time?

Randazzo

On 6/9/2016 at 10:35 AM, cbplayer2012 said:

I once tried to build a space kraken from the hangar

It bloody blew up the mission control building from the hangar.

X2D6HF8.png

OK, what are you people doing?  I keep seeing people firing rockets, wrecking things, and generally causing havoc inside the VAB itself.  I'm going to be disappointed if this is just a mod :P

14 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

OK, what are you people doing?  I keep seeing people firing rockets, wrecking things, and generally causing havoc inside the VAB itself.  I'm going to be disappointed if this is just a mod :P

This will ruin the magic:

Spoiler

jQq9p7M.png?1

Yep, whack-a-kerbal works in the SPH & VAB.

Kx8yEF5.png

I was experimenting with some very low size heightmaps to see if I could find alternate ways of making oblate spheroids, triaxial ellipsoids, and prolate spheroids. This was a 2x1 texture that was a black pixel and a white pixel right next to each other, applied as a heightmap on Gilly. It was supposed to be an attempt at a tri-axial ellipsoid, but it didn't end up as such. I someone on the Kopernicus IRC (might have been @Sigma88) said "It looks like a butt." So I said "But I don't want a butt." So every time I see this image it makes me laugh.

It's a seriously messed up butt if it is one.

On 6/16/2016 at 11:14 AM, dboi88 said:

Yep that's all debris. I've still to this day no idea what happened. I docked the last piece of my interplanetary duna mission craft in orbit and all holy hell broke loose. Took me 2 weeks to build and another week to rebuild it.

The only remotely similar thing I've experienced was when KSP had just added struts, which I exploited as heat sinks, building massive pancakes of boosters.  A whole stack of sixty-four solids detonated as one when I ran them a smidgen too hot, and the middle stage just vaporized, but most of the top, far away not to get "overheated", survived as a cloud of disembodied engines, tanks, decouplers, and RCS nodes.  Not a single part was left connected to any other.

But the resulting airborne debris field was not hitting escape velocity in opposite directions, mother of god!!

Edited by Corona688

6 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

this scared the hell out of me when I first saw it ingame, now it makes me smile when I see it

JDb6NgF.png

OH GOD WHAT

15 minutes ago, Aperture Science said:

OH GOD WHAT

Wild guess:

A mod, gone wrong.

Someone put a 'kerbal face' on Duna, like the famous 'face of mars', but the scale screwed up for whatever reason.

Edited by Corona688

2 hours ago, Corona688 said:

Wild guess:

A mod, gone wrong.

Someone put a 'kerbal face' on Duna, like the famous 'face of mars', but the scale screwed up for whatever reason.

The face's an Easter egg, actually. But it should be MUCH smaller.

22 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Kx8yEF5.png

I was experimenting with some very low size heightmaps to see if I could find alternate ways of making oblate spheroids, triaxial ellipsoids, and prolate spheroids. This was a 2x1 texture that was a black pixel and a white pixel right next to each other, applied as a heightmap on Gilly. It was supposed to be an attempt at a tri-axial ellipsoid, but it didn't end up as such. I someone on the Kopernicus IRC (might have been @Sigma88) said "It looks like a butt." So I said "But I don't want a butt." So every time I see this image it makes me laugh.

Actually, at first glance I thought it looked like a brain.

11 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

this scared the hell out of me when I first saw it ingame, now it makes me smile when I see it

JDb6NgF.png

For some reason, that reminds me of these:

latest?cb=20140106001155

I'm not sure why, though.

On 6/17/2016 at 10:14 PM, GregroxMun said:

Kx8yEF5.png

dannggg :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.