NEW RP FORUMS DOWN!

When you could use seven more and two thumbs?

No. :D

With one finger I type 34 words per minute. With eight fingers, I could type 272 words per minute. Proven by MATHS!

Anyway, want to hear what I wrote?

With one finger I type 34 words per minute. With eight fingers, I could type 272 words per minute. Proven by MATHS!

Anyway, want to hear what I wrote?

I suppose so.

So I do the test, PM it to Radion on THIS forum, then register on the other one?

Yes, except you don\'t need to re-register. Radion\'ll activate your account after (if) you pass the test.

So far, the average results for the test is a 72.2.

I think there might be something wrong with the Forum or something because the Test cuts off at question eight.

Nope. Its a 'finish the question' type deal.

I have completed my makeshift Munar escape vehicle, and I have called it \'Lemming\'. It is a strange looking machine, with the wheelie bin on top, a rocket fuel tank underneath, covered in little mechanisms fitted together from what metal the barrel could spare. Of course, this means that I lost some of the fuel, but it should be enough. I climb into my makeshift command module, and check the systems. The fire extinguisher makes some foam blast out. The oxygen tank blows a mist of frozen air. From the makeshift thruster. The bedsheet it tucked up. I sit on it like a cushion, before pulling the hatch closed. I start counting down. “Ten... Nine... Eight... One!†I hit the ignition control, which is linked to a piece of sharpened metal that produces a spark by scratching against another piece of metal. I simultaneously give the makeshift engine a blast of oxygen, before releasing the fuel valve. There is a vibrations that rumbled right through the makeshift vessel, and I fear it is breaking apart...

But no, the Lemming has held together. As it reaches a height of several thousand metres, I shut the valve to an almost closed position, so that it does not go out. I then get up off the bedsheet cushion, and pick up the fire extinguisher. I open the wheelie bin\'s lid and peer out. Below me, I can see the Munar landscape, bleak and forbidding. There is no way I can go back to the surface, my vehicle is not a lander and wouldn\'t survive. I hold tightly onto the bin with one hand, before steadying the extinguisher, and firing it. I feel the vessel slowly tilt, and the Mun appears to move across my field of vision, getting ominously closer – but it is an optical illusion, I have barely moved, but I have rotated. I fire the extinguisher again in an opposite direction, until I feel and see that the rotation has stopped. Reaching down, and letting go of the extinguisher, I push the thrust valve control, increasing thrust, before grabbing the extinguisher again. Without RCS, I would have to do this manually.

Finally, after what seems like an age, I shut off the fuel valve. By my calculations, Lemming is now in a Munar orbit, and my perigee is only a little lower than I am. After yet another age, from the position of Kerbin I can see that it is time for another burn. I open the thrust valve, and let it fire. It does so, and the vessel vibrates. I use the extinguisher to push the vehicle into what seems like the right angle. I place my helmet against the vibrating bin – it sounds like the vessel is purring. I take my helmet away again, and suddenly I am once again trapped with only the sounds inside my suit. After a while, the MacGyvered engine cuts out – I check the systems, all correct, and the O2 cannister is still venting. I shut off the oxygen tank, to conserve its contents. All I have now is the fire extinguisher to guide me home, but I shouldn\'t need it. The Lemming could never have sustained delta-vee for a proper Kerbin orbit, there wasn\'t enough fuel. So I will either have a far higher angle of attack than I would have hoped for, and risk being destroyed during re-entry, or begin an uncontrolled lithobraking procedure.

Finally, I see Kerbin\'s emerald green and sapphire blue below me. It is calming, and it looks far more tranquil than it ever did on the ground. I muse over how this is probably because of all the failed launches thee scattered hardware all over the landscape. I hold out the fire extinguisher, and spray all that remains, in an effort to slow my vessel down. I know it will barely affect my perigee, this close, but it would certainly affect my apogee. I didn\'t want a long trip if I had to go round again. The extinguisher splutters, so I stop. I use what remains to spin the craft so the engine is facing prograde, and I close the hatch. Some time later, I feel the craft shake, as if hit by a bullet. It shakes again, and again, progressively more violently. I hold the hatch closed with all my might, desperate to ensure it doesn\'t blow open, taking me with it. Eventually, the ride smoothed out, becoming much larger bounces instead of jarring vibrations. Finally, I feel the craft turning vertical as it meets the lower stratosphere, moving towards the troposphere. Though I know the chances are low, I hope my vehicle does not hit an aircraft. Finally, I push myself further down into the wheelie bin command module, and let the hatch fly open. Deep blue sky greets me. It seems such a beatiful sight that I almost forget what to do next. I take the corners of the bedsheet. Holding it bunched up for now, and I release myself from the Lemming. I push, so as to get out – I had been falling at the same speed as it was. Now, I can see the ground below me, and I am plummeting toward it. I let the bedsheet fly open, catching air, pulling away, threatening to yank itself out of my hands, but I hold on. My Munar escape ship falls away beneath me. I watch as it becomes a speck. I am over land, which is good. Living things are bad at splashdowns. I glide gently to Kerbin\'s ground, eventually reaching it with a heavy thump. I may have broken my leg. But, I am elated, I have completed the impossible. I am home.

I have completed my makeshift Munar escape vehicle, and I have called it \'Lemming\'. It is a strange looking machine, with the wheelie bin on top, a rocket fuel tank underneath, covered in little mechanisms fitted together from what metal the barrel could spare. Of course, this means that I lost some of the fuel, but it should be enough. I climb into my makeshift command module, and check the systems. The fire extinguisher makes some foam blast out. The oxygen tank blows a mist of frozen air. From the makeshift thruster. The bedsheet it tucked up. I sit on it like a cushion, before pulling the hatch closed. I start counting down. “Ten... Nine... Eight... One!†I hit the ignition control, which is linked to a piece of sharpened metal that produces a spark by scratching against another piece of metal. I simultaneously give the makeshift engine a blast of oxygen, before releasing the fuel valve. There is a vibrations that rumbled right through the makeshift vessel, and I fear it is breaking apart...

But no, the Lemming has held together. As it reaches a height of several thousand metres, I shut the valve to an almost closed position, so that it does not go out. I then get up off the bedsheet cushion, and pick up the fire extinguisher. I open the wheelie bin\'s lid and peer out. Below me, I can see the Munar landscape, bleak and forbidding. There is no way I can go back to the surface, my vehicle is not a lander and wouldn\'t survive. I hold tightly onto the bin with one hand, before steadying the extinguisher, and firing it. I feel the vessel slowly tilt, and the Mun appears to move across my field of vision, getting ominously closer – but it is an optical illusion, I have barely moved, but I have rotated. I fire the extinguisher again in an opposite direction, until I feel and see that the rotation has stopped. Reaching down, and letting go of the extinguisher, I push the thrust valve control, increasing thrust, before grabbing the extinguisher again. Without RCS, I would have to do this manually.

Finally, after what seems like an age, I shut off the fuel valve. By my calculations, Lemming is now in a Munar orbit, and my perigee is only a little lower than I am. After yet another age, from the position of Kerbin I can see that it is time for another burn. I open the thrust valve, and let it fire. It does so, and the vessel vibrates. I use the extinguisher to push the vehicle into what seems like the right angle. I place my helmet against the vibrating bin – it sounds like the vessel is purring. I take my helmet away again, and suddenly I am once again trapped with only the sounds inside my suit. After a while, the MacGyvered engine cuts out – I check the systems, all correct, and the O2 cannister is still venting. I shut off the oxygen tank, to conserve its contents. All I have now is the fire extinguisher to guide me home, but I shouldn\'t need it. The Lemming could never have sustained delta-vee for a proper Kerbin orbit, there wasn\'t enough fuel. So I will either have a far higher angle of attack than I would have hoped for, and risk being destroyed during re-entry, or begin an uncontrolled lithobraking procedure.

Finally, I see Kerbin\'s emerald green and sapphire blue below me. It is calming, and it looks far more tranquil than it ever did on the ground. I muse over how this is probably because of all the failed launches thee scattered hardware all over the landscape. I hold out the fire extinguisher, and spray all that remains, in an effort to slow my vessel down. I know it will barely affect my perigee, this close, but it would certainly affect my apogee. I didn\'t want a long trip if I had to go round again. The extinguisher splutters, so I stop. I use what remains to spin the craft so the engine is facing prograde, and I close the hatch. Some time later, I feel the craft shake, as if hit by a bullet. It shakes again, and again, progressively more violently. I hold the hatch closed with all my might, desperate to ensure it doesn\'t blow open, taking me with it. Eventually, the ride smoothed out, becoming much larger bounces instead of jarring vibrations. Finally, I feel the craft turning vertical as it meets the lower stratosphere, moving towards the troposphere. Though I know the chances are low, I hope my vehicle does not hit an aircraft. Finally, I push myself further down into the wheelie bin command module, and let the hatch fly open. Deep blue sky greets me. It seems such a beatiful sight that I almost forget what to do next. I take the corners of the bedsheet. Holding it bunched up for now, and I release myself from the Lemming. I push, so as to get out – I had been falling at the same speed as it was. Now, I can see the ground below me, and I am plummeting toward it. I let the bedsheet fly open, catching air, pulling away, threatening to yank itself out of my hands, but I hold on. My Munar escape ship falls away beneath me. I watch as it becomes a speck. I am over land, which is good. Living things are bad at splashdowns. I glide gently to Kerbin\'s ground, eventually reaching it with a heavy thump. I may have broken my leg. But, I am elated, I have completed the impossible. I am home.

Ruh roh dude. You were supposed to have a paragraph for each part.

I said I was telling a story.

The parts are here.

A wheelie bin could be used as a makeshift command module, which may be used to contain myself and my other items. It would prevent everything floating off, and the lid could act as a hatch. It wouldn\'t be capable of holding air pressure, but that isn\'t a concern since my spacesuit does that for me. It would offer some protection during re-entry.

A barrel of rocket fuel – absolute necessity for returning to Kerbin. I would have to MacGyver a control system for managing the fuel burn, or else I would end up using the entire thing and ending up on a Kerbol orbit. The barrel would act as my fuel tank and engine all in one.

An oxygen tank, for two reasons. First, I need to ensure my suit\'s oxygen supply does not expire. If my suit\'s supply doesn\'t run out, then I can use more for the second and perhaps just as important reason. My engine won\'t work on merely fuel, it needs an oxidiser to combust in space. The oxygen tank would provide this.

A fire extinguisher would act as my RCS, or even as a thruster in the event that my makeshift rocket fuel barrel engine runs out of either fuel or oxidiser. To use it, I would have to climb out of my wheelie bin command module via the lid/hatch, and manually aim the extinguisher in a direction necessary for the manoeuvre.

Finally, a bedsheet. If it is reflective, I may be able to use it as a solar sail, for attitude control, but this is a secondary purpose and it may not be effective enough to work. The primary purpose is to act as a parachute. I would grip all four corners, two corners in each hand, and use it to glide back safely down to ground.

So that\'s why my account is still under administration pending after 3 days... What\'s the test?

Are you sure that your account is on the right forum? I don\'t think the current one\'s existed for three days. Anyway, the test is this; PM your answers to Radion on this forum.

Are you sure that your account is on the right forum? I don\'t think the current one\'s existed for three days. Anyway, the test is this; PM your answers to Radion on this forum.

Yeah, that\'s the right forum. It might have been 2 days though.

In \'The Test\' under \'Testing Centre\' under \'Registration And Testing\'

Lulz.

I haven\'t been following this thread, I feel like a nub now.

Do we have to copy paste the questions or do we just write the answers?

Do we have to copy paste the questions or do we just write the answers?

You write your answers and send them to Radion by PM. When I did it, I removed the paragraphs that told you how to answer the questions, leaving just the questions headers and the questions themselves in Part 3 before sending it.

I forgot that it was no RPing until Monday.

//Glances at laptop\'s calendar.

>03:59 Monday 28/05/2012

Oh right.

One more hour where I am.

Also, for population on the new forums, how are supposed to tell how many pixels our claim is?