[WIP] [1.0.2+] [Kopernicus] KerbalGalaxy 2 | 0.7 - New star system!

Artyomka15

Blue supergiant Oblok

-Gas giant AELION

-Dwarf planet PHOENIX

-Dwarf planet SUNFLOWER

I think you could change the op colours to make the AELION name to show:D

just a small recomendation. Love this mod

This mod is working great for me... thank you!. It was sensitive to the order which it wanted to be installed for me though...KerbalGalaxy first, then OPM...I couldn't get it to work just adding KerbalGalaxy to my game with OPM in place first... I also had to hack -force-opengl or the load would just crash to desktop right after the yellow loading bar reached the end. Since adding -force-opengl, I have not had a single crash.

Edited by vixr

Volco has a problem... if you burn retrograde, your orbit increases, although the planet rotation relative to your spacecraft (by the nav ball) appears to be correct. Your lander will also explode at around 2500 meters above the surface.

Landed on Eden and Rocko without too much trouble...

landed on Hoth fine, but when I tried to step off the ladder the pilot just falls over and is uncontrollable. You can use the jetpack, but as soon as you turn it off the pilot falls over again...

Edited by vixr

I've managed to get this mod to work by replacing the provided Config and Cache with the default one from Kopernicus 9. Although the lighting is finally correct and all the systems are in the game, the Black Hole is not present and Kerbol is at the center of the system.

With the current config and cache provided with the mod I get this:

Kerbin%20Lighting_zpsfl7bghmp.png

It seems like if you go to the star map and go back to Kerbin while KSC is in the dark the atmosphere never renders, but if you go back when it's under the sun the atmosphere renders but very strangely.

Edited by Alkahest

Here is a idea, Since the relative velocities between nearby stars are so low IRL meaning you can just aim at the star and burn, to emulate that in ksp you should reduce the black holes gravity to a very small fraction.

Hello

Nice update. The galaxy is really huge. Wow. Thank you for sharing.

By the way I found something in the OPM threat about caching that would fit also to this mod.

....... that allows Kopernicus Body nodes to specify a cacheFile property, which is a GameData relative path to the PQS cache file.

So you should be able to do...

Body
{
name = Sarnus
cacheFile = OPM/KopernicusCache/Sarnus.bin
}

...and distribute the cache files inside the OPM folder. This should be in the next version (after 0.0.7) of Kopernicus. This should make the entire OPM installation a single folder. :)

With some changes future updates of KerbalGalaxy would be easier.

Body
{
name = Abbadon
cacheFile = KerbalGalaxy/Cache/Abbadon.bin
}

or something like that.

OPM Compatibility?

I think the SOI of the new Kerbol is a little bit to low. In the stock system the SOI of the sun is infinitife but in KerbalGalaxy it´s about 143000000km (hope enough 0´s) for the new Kerbol. For OPM it should be 4 times greater since Plock is very far away.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.