[1.5.x] Asclepius - A Kopernicus planet - SSTO playground

MrChumley

Awesome pics. Don't forget to give the moon a try! Thanks for sharing! If you can get the cloud layers working I'd strongly consider adding them in.

I'll have a try at adding some surface dust to Kruel. First, I have to learn how to add brand new clouds though, up to this point I've only been modifying them. Geologically speaking, how do you imagine the mun be formed and made of?

Awesome! Thanks! Is there a list of used planet ID (flightGlobalsIndex) numbers compiled anywhere? Something like that would be cool to add to your site to help future planet modders avoid compatibility issues. I used 38, and 39.

As far as I know, it works fine with Outer planets and Sigma mod expansion, as it's the setup I'm running with myself

I'll have a try at adding some surface dust to Kruel. First, I have to learn how to add brand new clouds though, up to this point I've only been modifying them. Geologically speaking, how do you imagine the mun be formed and made of?

As far as I know, it works fine with Outer planets and Sigma mod expansion, as it's the setup I'm running with myself

Wonderful! Have you considered contributing to KG2? I would like to see some of your skills put into it:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/125078

- - - Updated - - -

He DOES say he is looking for more plernets.....:-)

Wonderful! Have you considered contributing to KerbalGalaxy 2? I would like to see some of your skills put into it:

He DOES say he is looking for more plernets.....:-)

I'm no pro by any means :confused: but I'll take a look at it, and make a contribution if I can... A Galaxy Addon is super overwhelming to me. My old computer is lucky to do 1 planet system at a time :D

Just wondering, how is the name Asclepius pronounced?

[uh-sklee-pee-uh s]

Edited by MrChumley

Love the planet. Only done a probe flyby so far but I plan to send a plane over.when I play tomorrow.

Kruel is somewhat uninteresting in comparison, but that's not really a bad thing.

I have no suggestions for improvements that aren't something ridiculous like an orbiting primordial black hole to pull crazy gravity assists off or something.

I'm not even sure if ksp could handle a body with an event horizon, you would probably just go too fast and fly clear through it

Love the planet. Only done a probe flyby so far but I plan to send a plane over.when I play tomorrow.

Kruel is somewhat uninteresting in comparison, but that's not really a bad thing.

I have no suggestions for improvements that aren't something ridiculous like an orbiting primordial black hole to pull crazy gravity assists off or something.

I'm not even sure if ksp could handle a body with an event horizon, you would probably just go too fast and fly clear through it

KG2 has black holes, wormholes, ect......although I have heard they are buggy....

Update 7-27-15

Changes

• New Contract Configurator contracts
  • Kessler Run - Set a new record for Canyon flight!
  • Rescue whole, working crafts! - Fly a spaceplane home from the surface of Asclepius!
  • Find a derelict Mining vessel, and attempt salvage!
  • Distant object enhancement support added
  • Cleaned up messy code

(download link in OP updated)

Did you ever get any farther than a probe? The atmosphere should be pretty un-interesting unless you get down below 3500 meters or so...

To call Kruel "uninteresting" without having tried it is... Uninformed.:sticktongue:

OrBpj5E.png

3ZbJA89.png

Z2qSYdy.png

Edited by MrChumley

guqdEl6.png

Update 7-30-15

Changes

• Finished FULL CUSTOM science definitions for Kruel.
  • Lowered atmosphere ceiling from 55km to 22km on Asclepius for smoother FPS, and "more pretty"
  • Fixed spelling mistakes.
  • Made some graphics

(download links in OP updated)

5lfhwRN.jpg

Edited by MrChumley

Update 8-1-15

Changes (Asclepius v0.5)

• Added New_Horizons compatibility patch
  • Added DMagic science definitions
  • Updated contract configurator contracts
  • Changed Mean anomaly of Asclepius (now 120 days until first Asclepius transfer window instead of 2 years)
  • Reduced scatter density on Asclepius (Even More FPS!)
  • Moved source to Github :cool:

(D/L links in OP updated)

I did a texture pass. Let me know what you think.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Update 8-3-15

Changes (Asclepius v0.6)

• Texture pass
  • Updated Kopernicus to 0.2.4
  • Bundled with: Contract Configurator, E.V.E. clouds, and Distant object enhancement. (licenses included)

Edited by MrChumley

*includes* Kopernicus v0.2, and Module Manager v2.6.6 .dll's

I wish it wouldn't. While I just commented on disk space not being an issue in another thread, consider what if every mod includes every dependency in its download archive.

Also consider what if your mod depends on another mod that depends on a third mod, or what if one of your dependencies updates...

A list, or better yet a list of links to, the dependencies in the opening post, like you already have, should be sufficient.

Other than that, looking forward to some canyon flying ;)

EDIT: Point in case:

• Texture pass
  • Bundled with: Contract Configurator, E.V.E. clouds, and Distant object enhancement. (licenses included)

Edited by Corax

...what if your mod depends on another mod that depends on a third mod, or what if one of your dependencies updates...

Hello Corax. Thanks for stopping by and providing some input. :)

I'll take that into consideration on my next update and make it just "bare bones".

edit

I updated Github. You can Download the .zip from there. It doesn't include any dependencies. And you are guaranteed the latest version ;)

I'm also working on a wiki over there too.

/edit

On the other hand, I might keep a link with "tested and working" dependencies included. It is a real time saver to have a "1 stop shop d/l".

Happy Canyon flying! :D

Edited by MrChumley

I did a texture pass. Let me know what you think.

http://imgur.com/a/45aCl

Update 8-3-15

Changes (Asclepius v0.6)

• Texture pass

Why does it have Erin's normal map?

Why does it have Erin's normal map?

That texture is procedurally generated by VertexSimlexHeight (I think :confused: )

I didn't remove all the PQS mods from the Laythe Template and it is a relic from that.

The ground on Asclepius has looked like that for awhile... You just couldn't tell from space. :D

Update 8-7-15

Changes (Asclepius v0.7)

• Fixed "splashed" science definitions.
  • Reduced normal map size (still looks great, but uses less memory!)
  • "unbundled" Contract Configurator, E.V.E. Clouds, and distant object enhancement in Kerbalstuff download.

Edited by MrChumley

The system will not work at all, even with The updated Kopernicus and Module Manager. In fact it breaks every other system I have loaded, such as OPM and Other_Worlds, as in causing them not to load.

zayWmrb.gif

This is a fresh install with just Asclepius v0.7 (Kerbalstuff D/L), and OPM.

The problem must be on your end. If you provide more details (which D/L did you use? log files?) it is more likely that you will receive support.

Edited by MrChumley

3iPvuqB.png

ZSqiWX1.png

Update 8-3-15

Changes (Asclepius v0.8)

• Moved cache files to Asclepius/Cache Folder
  • Added "flat spot" to Gooba Flats. :cool:
  • Added custom clouds.
  • Added Research Bodies support.
  • Added Final Frontier ribbons.
  • Added PlanetShine support.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Your licenses on KerbalStuff are conflicting with each other.

Your KS Licenses:

The following information is copied from the 'License Selection Guide'.

CC0

This allows people to modify your work, sell it, or use it to develop nuclear weapons  all without giving you any credit!

CC-SA

This doesn't exist but CC-BY-SA does. This allows the public to copy and distribute your work and require that you be given credit.

Check 'Creative Commons Licenses' for more CC licenses.

Lesser General Public License (LGPL)

This is a software license, which your mod isn't. This allows people to use your software in conjunction with other software (by exposing an API or something similar).

I should go for a Creative Commons license, as it fits best for your planets.

EDIT: If you'll include other mods into your download, please add their license file into the download. You've done this for MM but not for Kopernicus.

Edited by Olympic1

EDIT: If you'll include other mods into your download, please add their license file into the download. You've done this for MM but not for Kopernicus.

:rolleyes:

The LGPL license is included for, and redistributed along with Kopernicus. (License.txt) :D

The CC-SA license is included for, and redistributed along with ModuleManager. (ModuleManagerLicense.md) :D

Asclepius is released under CC0. :D (license for Asclepius is in AsclepiusInstallation.txt)

I'll put the LGPL license IN the Kopernicus folder for my next release... :D

My papers should be in order sir.

It shouldn't be too long... I have to update MM, and Kopernicus as well since they both just got an update.

*edit*- Also, I am in need of help converting the .png's in Asclepius to .dds format to save RAM. (thanks to Sigma88 for the help so far)

6M6FsgJ.png

Edited by MrChumley

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.