Whispers of the Kraken (Epilogue: Revelations of the Kraken)

CatastrophicFailure

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Great. So... what now? Yes, I've been sent on a special mission to find you, in the midst of dark conspiracies and shadowy metaphysical strangeness, come with me if you want... what, exactly?

Actually, I think Val is about to find her inner Kyle Reese. :) Assuming that the above quote is foreshadowing.

But Gene though. :(  That's hard to take. I know they're completely different stories and I'm in no way claiming any credit for this but I can't help seeing the happy bunch of rocketeers that Chadvey knew so well, as a mirror of my own KIS. Seeing that dream be brutally dismantled and then systematically eradicated, piece by piece is particularly tough for this reader.

9 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

She said something else, too, but Valentina didn't hear. She didn't hear anything in that moment. The entire world seemed to have dissolved away, as her vision narrowed down to a point, focused on the tiny, red dot of laser light dancing on Anna's forehead. 

Would be a shaaaaame, if that happened to be the laser aiming dot of a sniper rifle....

On August 12, 2016 at 4:43 AM, KSK said:

Actually, I think Val is about to find her inner Kyle Reese. :) Assuming that the above quote is foreshadowing.

But Gene though. :(  That's hard to take. I know they're completely different stories and I'm in no way claiming any credit for this but I can't help seeing the happy bunch of rocketeers that Chadvey knew so well, as a mirror of my own KIS. Seeing that dream be brutally dismantled and then systematically eradicated, piece by piece is particularly tough for this reader.

I can't deny a certain amount of influence, either, even if no mirroring was intended. I do wonder how many folks realized, that first time gathered around the bar table, that only Burdous would still be around by the end of Shadows. No one's fate was exactly a secret by that point, tho Gene never did get mentioned by name. 

But, as I always say, All Things Serve the Beam. Be steadfast, a storm is rising.:cool:

Time for Val to stand, be true and remember the face of her father. 

And influencing somebody whose work I greatly admire - it doesn't get much better than that as a writer. Thanks.

On 8/12/2016 at 2:12 PM, SpaceplaneAddict said:

Would be a shaaaaame, if that happened to be the laser aiming dot of a sniper rifle....

Blood of the innocent. Blood of the guilty. Past sins have no meaning when the red bill is due. But no matter how far you may run. No matter how well you may hide. No matter how long you may fight... The price must be paid.

6 hours ago, Omegagoldfish said:

Blood of the innocent. Blood of the guilty. Past sins have no meaning when the red bill is due. But no matter how far you may run. No matter how well you may hide. No matter how long you may fight... The price must be paid.

I'll go get my red chequebook then.

2 minutes ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

I gotcha. aaaaaand sent! This should cover Anastasia's red bill?

You knew what you did. You knew what you did. You knew what you had to do. You know what you shouldn't have done. You know. I know. Look deep into your soul, and see what looks back.

Edited by Omegagoldfish

Just now, SpaceplaneAddict said:

A bunch of space craft, fluffy cats and computer parts?

Further. Below what shouldn't be. Beyond what isn't. Find the very essence of your being, and find what controls it. See the darkness. There, within the darkest realms of depravity, is your failure, and the consequences of your pride.

1 minute ago, Omegagoldfish said:

Further. Below what shouldn't be. Beyond what isn't. Find the very essence of your being, and find what controls it. See the darkness. There, within the darkest realms of depravity, is your failure, and the consequences of your pride.

OK.... well then... jokes on you cause it was a fake cheque!

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

*blank stare*

Y'all marypoppins need Cheetos.

Allow me to properly introduce myself. I am anarchy refined. I instill chaos in order, and order in chaos, just to see it change. I also don't eat cheese or cheese flavored snacks.

1 hour ago, KSK said:

Folks - could we get back to posting stuff that's a little more related to the story.

Thanks.

Yeah, sure. So, what kind of gun shoots knives? In Shadows Anastasia was allegedly STABBED to death. So either this isn't a laser pointer of deathy death, or flying knives will appear. Sorry for derailing the thread. I promise I won't do anything here until next chapter.

6 hours ago, Omegagoldfish said:

So, what kind of gun shoots knives?

A harpoon? maybe more spear than knife, but still a gun launched stabby.

11 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

*blank stare*

Y'all marypoppins need Cheetos.

Ok, I know who Mary Poppins is, and apparently cheetos are a breakfast cereal, but I'm going to have to *blank stare* your *blank stare*

On topic though, I don't think Anastasia can die just yet, she is Valentinas only lead. Killing Anastasia would effectively knock Valentina completely out of the game, she would have no other threads to follow.

Anastasia is wearing a Munstone necklace just like Vals, IIRC Val has recieved some form of protective ability from said necklace.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.