What do you LOVE about KSP?

DuoDex

Freedom of choice, within the engine limits i can let my ideas roll of my brain like nowhere else.

This game should be mandatory education for schoolkids, and a generation will grow up that will bring us off this planet and survive somewhere else... Maybe:P. No seriously, nothing is impossible.

What I love about KSP is that it got me interested in space, rocketry and aeronautics.

If I could go back in time and leave my younger self a message it would say something like: "Learn those maths and physics equations, because one day you'll discover a great space-sim game that will seriously change your way of thinking."

Many things:

- if I'm having a bad day (in RL), I can explode things, then I feel better

- I have a reason to try and remember all the high school math and physics learned decades ago. This game is good for the brain (in moderation).

- I always loved Lego, and as others have said, as an adult KSP fills my Lego-crave without feeling like I'm too old for such things.

- I can go to the Science Labs forum and actually pretend to understand what all the brainiacs there are attacking about

- if I'm having a good day, I can explode things and feel even better

- I can look forward to more and better, since Squad is committed to continuing development. I've been playing for a year and a half, all stock, and still feel there's a lot to do before I even begin to explore mods.

Thanks Squad!

Lets start with what I hate... I hate that I didn't find out about KSP until recently ( who the heck did this game stay off my radar? )

I love most everything about it, it is a challenge.

I love the feeling of achievement when something that ( to me ) is difficult, is accomplished.

The orbital mechanics. It makes one think entirely out of the box. How you forfeit all straight line travel and instead go with swinging by celestial bodies and changing your trajectory with small nudges at the right moment. It's like swinging on a set of moving trapezes.

This might be one of the major points for me too. I'm still dreaming about a space strategy/RTS game set in Honorverse with proper orbital mechanics.

For some reason I really love making satellites they just seem really cool especially flying them past distant worlds (Jool is my faviroute)

Surely, that would be a probe???

What I *HATE* about KSP is the fact that every now and then my persistence file screws up and I have to start again. These are few and far between (updates to the game not counted!)

I'd be playing KSP now if not for that... and it happened at a critical moment for me too.... still...

What I *LOVE* about KSP is trying out new things, and patting myself on the back when they work out. Anything that doesn't work gets tweaked till it does... I don't really think any other game gives me that feeling... you have to admit, the game is fantastic. What is there NOT to love (except my above rant...)

One thing I love about KSP is the educational value of the game. A year and a half ago, I was launching rockets straight up and wondering why they didn't get into orbit. Now, I have enough knowledge about orbital mechanics to complete a lunar transfer in Orbiter. In KSP I have landed on Duna, and have been in orbit of Eve and Jool. I must say, the graphics are amazing!

Also EXPLOSIONS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.