[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

Here's a patch that allows the K&K Planetary Cupola to satisfy a copula request in a base construction contract:

@Contracts
{
@Base
{
@PART_REQUEST:HAS[#Part[cupola]]
{
Part = KKAOSS_Cupola_g
}
}
}

Here's a patch that allows the K&K Planetary Cupola to satisfy a copula request in a base construction contract:

@Contracts
{
@Base
{
@PART_REQUEST:HAS[#Part[cupola]]
{
Part = KKAOSS_Cupola_g
}
}
}

Wow, i didn't know that modulemanager could also change the contracts. Thanks for that!

Does this replace the real cupola as dependency or does this add the mods' cupola to also satisfy the contract?

Hello. Why K&K LV25 "Meerkat" Landing Assist is unavailable in career mode? It just does not appear in Advanced Landing tech node. I tried to change TechRequired in engine_g.cfg but it didnt help. By the way, everything is fine in sandbox mode.

Wow, i didn't know that modulemanager could also change the contracts. Thanks for that!

Does this replace the real cupola as dependency or does this add the mods' cupola to also satisfy the contract?

Part = KKAOSS_Cupola_g is adding and not replacing to a PART_REQUEST node that contains Part = cupola

Is this actually confirmed as working though?

Hello. Why K&K LV25 "Meerkat" Landing Assist is unavailable in career mode? It just does not appear in Advanced Landing tech node. I tried to change TechRequired in engine_g.cfg but it didnt help. By the way, everything is fine in sandbox mode.

I will take a look at that tomorrow.

It might still be visible in Advanced Landing Tech when this node was unlocked before v0.2.5. I moved the parts further back in the techtree. But KSP refuses to remove the Images of the parts in the nodes that are already unlocked. Have you looked into later nodes to find one locked Meerkat?

I tested & confirmed that this method worked as intended in 1.02 when I made a very similar patch for Nertea's Stockalike Station Pack. So unless there's been a change since 1.02, it should work. It does indeed add (and not replace) the specified part.

That sounds really good. I will add it in the next release. Thanks!

I will take a look at that tomorrow.

It might still be visible in Advanced Landing Tech when this node was unlocked before v0.2.5. I moved the parts further back in the techtree. But KSP refuses to remove the Images of the parts in the nodes that are already unlocked. Have you looked into later nodes to find one locked Meerkat?

Thanks for answer. I just found it into Aerospace Composites (1000 sci) node. But cfg file says "TechRequired = heavyLanding". Heavy Landing is locked for me now, but even after unlocking it Meerkat doesnt show up. Should I unlock Aerospace Composites? Any ways to make it work with Heavy Landing? Because I need to spend about 2000 sci for AC...(

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I am using CTT. But I dont understand, why its still in Aerospace Composites, if engine_g.cfg says "TechRequired = heavyLanding"? What other files are responsible for this?

Thanks for answer. I just found it into Aerospace Composites (1000 sci) node. But cfg file says "TechRequired = heavyLanding". Heavy Landing is locked for me now, but even after unlocking it Meerkat doesnt show up. Should I unlock Aerospace Composites? Any ways to make it work with Heavy Landing? Because I need to spend about 2000 sci for AC...(

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I am using CTT. But I dont understand, why its still in Aerospace Composites, if engine_g.cfg says "TechRequired = heavyLanding"? What other files are responsible for this?

Do you have community techtree installed? Some parts are moved into nodes from CTT. I'd suggest you unlock aerospace composites. ;-)

If you want it to be in heavy landing you could remove the part in the config for CTT. The CTT configs are in configs/KPBS_MM_CTT.cfg (or similar).

I'm not home right now and can look up the exact Name tomorrow.

Do you have community techtree installed? Some parts are moved into nodes from CTT. I'd suggest you unlock aerospace composites. ;-)

If you want it to be in heavy landing you could remove the part in the config for CTT. The CTT configs are in configs/KPBS_MM_CTT.cfg (or similar).

I'm not home right now and can look up the exact Name tomorrow.

Thanks a lot! Now i get it. Yes, its KPBS_MM_CTT.cfg.

Oh... now another thing...

K&K Base Bi-Cupler.

BaseBiCupler.cfg: TechRequired = advMetalworks

KPBS_MM_CTT.cfg: @TechRequired = advMetalworks

Ingame: Advanced MetalWorks is already unlocked (before installing this mod). No Base Bi-Cupler (and also no adapters to mk2/small size) there (into advMW node).

WAIDW?...

Oh... now another thing...

K&K Base Bi-Cupler.

BaseBiCupler.cfg: TechRequired = advMetalworks

KPBS_MM_CTT.cfg: @TechRequired = advMetalworks

Ingame: Advanced MetalWorks is already unlocked (before installing this mod). No Base Bi-Cupler (and also no adapters to mk2/small size) there (into advMW node).

WAIDW?...

When a part is moved or added to a node in the techtree that is already unlocked, you need to unlock that part with funds. I think you can to this by clicking on the part in the unlocked node. There should be an option to unlock that part.

When a part is moved or added to a node in the techtree that is already unlocked, you need to unlock that part with funds. I think you can to this by clicking on the part in the unlocked node. There should be an option to unlock that part.

Hah, im not that stupid :D

Bicupler is absent in the node. There is no such part. At all.

But nevermind, i already fixed this. I removed "@PART[KKAOSS_ bla bla bla" string from KPBS_MM_CTT.cfg. And then bicupler appears.

Hah, im not that stupid :D

Bicupler is absent in the node. There is no such part. At all.

But nevermind, i already fixed this. I removed "@PART[KKAOSS_ bla bla bla" string from KPBS_MM_CTT.cfg. And then bicupler appears.

Oh, i have looked it up and saw that i had added a ";" and the end of the definitions of two adapters and the bicupler. I will fix that with the next update.

In the meantime you could remove the ";" from the definitions. The parts should work then again.

I was just reading the discussion on another mod, listening to the creator say how he didn't find IVAs all that important and they were pretty much a waste of time, when I realized I had yet to post here and say how FANTASTIC your new science IVA is! Really, it's perfect.

As I've mentioned before, IVAs are the #1 important thing about a base/station to me, because they're mostly only useful for immersion. (Glowing windows is #2 :P)

Thank you VERY much for being the first and only modder to finish a full set of IVAs for a large set of parts. I'm sad you're the only one, but you deserve serious credit.

I was just reading the discussion on another mod, listening to the creator say how he didn't find IVAs all that important and they were pretty much a waste of time, when I realized I had yet to post here and say how FANTASTIC your new science IVA is! Really, it's perfect.

As I've mentioned before, IVAs are the #1 important thing about a base/station to me, because they're mostly only useful for immersion. (Glowing windows is #2 :P)

Thank you VERY much for being the first and only modder to finish a full set of IVAs for a large set of parts. I'm sad you're the only one, but you deserve serious credit.

Agreed, IVAs aren't just cosmetic, they immerse the player in the game. Sometimes, I just fire up the game to look out through the windows on my bases at Duna or the Mun.

Also, (May be a bit late) thanks for fixing all the lights :D

Totally agreed. And that full set of IVA will pay off once free IVA comes out.

I recommend a few tweaks for CLS support.

Add passability:

• Service Bay
  • Two-End Corridor
  • Habitat MK2

Restrict passability to hatches only:

• Command Module
  • Cupola
  • Service Bay
  • Laboratory
  • LV25 "Meerkat" Landing Assist
  • Planetary Adapter
  • Two-End Corridor
  • Greenhouse
  • Habitat MK1
  • Habitat MK2

See the patch below for details:

@PART[KKAOSS_Control_g]
{
%MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]
{
%impassablenodes = front, back
}
}
@PART[KKAOSS_Cupola_g]
{
{
%impassablenodes = back
}
}
@PART[KKAOSS_Service_g]
{
{
%passable = true
%impassablenodes = front, back, inner_bottom, inner_top
}
}
@PART[KKAOSS_Science_g]
{
{
}
}
@PART[KKAOSS_engine_g]
{
{
%impassablenodes = front, back, leg_1, leg_2
}
}
@PART[KKAOSS_adapter_g]
{
{
%impassablenodes = front, back, leg_1, leg_2
}
}
@PART[KKAOSS_gangway_2_adapter]
{
{
%passable = true
%impassablenodes = leg_1, leg_2
}
}
@PART[KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g]
{
{
}
}
@PART[KKAOSS_Habitat_MK1_g]
{
{
}
}
@PART[KKAOSS_Habitat_MK2_g]
{
{
%passable = true
}
}

Edited by Fraz86

I recommend a few tweaks for CLS support.

Add passability:

• Service Bay
  • Two-End Corridor
  • Habitat MK2

Restrict passability to hatches only:

• Command Module
  • Cupola
  • Service Bay
  • Laboratory
  • LV25 "Meerkat" Landing Assist
  • Planetary Adapter
  • Two-End Corridor
  • Greenhouse
  • Habitat MK1
  • Habitat MK2

See the patch below for details: [....]

Hi, thanks for the ideas and provided patch code. :)

The 2-End Gangway Adapter and the Habitat MK2 should have been passable, that was my mistake that they were not.

I think its a good idea to restrict the passable nodes on the parts. I will apply the changes.

The only thing i'm not sure about is the service-bay. It's impassability was intended because it was not inside the hull. But i think about it :wink:

Technically all of the modules do have IVAs.

ps: Free IVA, extremely buggy.

I personally like the idea of Free IVA. And it is still in development so there could happen a lot to reduce the bugs :wink:

So, i think there are enough things done to release the Kraken...uhm i mean another update.

Changelog

New Parts:

• Added Fuel-Cell container
  • Added Base Profile End-Airlock (with KIS storage)
  • Added Base Profile Side-Airlock (with KIS storage)
  • Added Size3 Tri-Coupler

Enhancements:

• The KPBS parts now also satisfy the contracts for bases (needs ModuleManager)
  • Optimized memory-usage of some parts
  • Removed unimportant debug-outputs from the plugin
  • Restricted passability for CLS to the main nodes on the modules

New Functionality:

• Added science experiment for the greenhouse
  • Added the habitats and the greenhouse as possible part request for bases (needs ModuleManager)

Mod Support:

• Added bigger KIS baseplate
  • Added support for Remote Tech
  • Removed RPM Monitor as TV from the habitats (it will be replaced by a better model later)
  • Added support for FilterExtentions (will be available when FilterExtentions is updated)
  • Adapted LS parts to better fit with (SETI)CTT

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed wrong techtree definitions of some parts for CTT which prevented them from appearing in the techtree
  • Adjusted the colliders of the Service-Bay it should be a bit easier to attach now
  • Outsourced configs for CLS on the Life-Support parts, this should prevent clutter in the log
  • The Habitat MK2 and the 2-Eng Corridor Adapter are now passable in CLS again
  • Adjusted placement of ladder on Planetary Control. This should reduce jumping when going on EVA

Thanks to Fraz86 for the suggestions on how to add the parts to satisfy the contracts and improvements on CLS support.

Downloads:

From Kerbalstuff

From Curse

PS: I plan to make this the last update as "in development". It's about time the mod will be officially "released".

Nils, i was going to launch decoupler size 3, both airlocks and fuel cell container at the same time and my computer blue screened XD

- - - Updated - - -

Updoot:

Its not end-airlock fault

Blue Screen!

The Kraken is evolving!