[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

found a bug with transparent windows :P

when you get in physics range, the crew portraits appear on any vessel/eva on range

This is a bug with RasterPropMonitor mod that this mod uses for transparent windows.

The next version of RPM (V0.23.0) will contain a fix for this bug. You will need to update RPM once V0.23.0 is out (next couple of days I believe).

and omg, that mod lags eva kerbals to like 1,2 fps

That is also likely to be due to Raster Prop Monitor TransparentPods (that this mod is using) rather than this mod.

Again, performance enhancements for RPM are due in V0.23.0 which MOARdV plans to release in the next couple of days.

In that version of RPM you will have the ability to toggle transparent windows to ON all the time, OFF all the time, or AUTO - only when the mouse if hovering over the part for each part.

Also it will include a performance enhancement to NOT show transparent windows for any part that is more than 100m away from the camera/view.

These changes provide a big performance improvement for RPM. A lot of these lag issues are in relation to RPM not this mod which will get an upgrade in the next couple of days, so be sure to grab it with MOARdV puts it out.

I'm liking the science IVA so far! I quite like the look of the vanilla science lab, so don't forget you can fill space with simple cabinets. It's very "NASA", and low poly.

if you take any suggestions here, just please don't go overboard with "funny". Kerbal humor should be a bit subdued, and most people take it too far.

Hello! First let me tell you i love your mod! Some cool landers and dropship-like ships can be made with it too.

But one thing i couldn't find in this thread: are the ports compatible? Can I dock a ship with with stock 1,25 m Clamp-O-Tron docking port to a ship with the K&K Gangway Docking-Port? They have the same dimeter...

Incidentally, Science Revisited Revisited now has compatibility with this mod, with buffs for the Planetary Lab and extra experiments.

Edit: Maybe not more experiments, but I did confirm the Planetary Lab now can process 1500 research points at a time.

Cool, i'll have to take a look at this mod :)

found a bug with transparent windows :P

when you get in physics range, the crew portraits appear on any vessel/eva on range

Have you already posted this in the RPM-Thread too? As JPLRepo said, it's a bug with this mod.

I'm liking the science IVA so far! I quite like the look of the vanilla science lab, so don't forget you can fill space with simple cabinets. It's very "NASA", and low poly.

if you take any suggestions here, just please don't go overboard with "funny". Kerbal humor should be a bit subdued, and most people take it too far.

Don't worry it'll look more "sciency" than just funny. Although one or two funny things are in the IVA.

So, how far are you from the next release?

You will have to be patient for a bit longer. I still have to prepare for very important stuff in my studies this week so there is not much time for KSP. Although the model is done and i'm currently texuring it.

I whipped up some configuration files to use these parts with the USI Kolonization mechanics. Feedback appreciated:

https://github.com/LouisB3/UKS-KPBS_Compatibility

Cool, i will have a look at it when i find time. :)

Hello! First let me tell you i love your mod! Some cool landers and dropship-like ships can be made with it too.

But one thing i couldn't find in this thread: are the ports compatible? Can I dock a ship with with stock 1,25 m Clamp-O-Tron docking port to a ship with the K&K Gangway Docking-Port? They have the same dimeter...

No, the docking ports are not compatible. They have a separate type because the models don't fit when docked together.

How do I disable rendering IVA models from outside? K&K parts impact performance pretty heavily.

Like EdusacconBR said. :wink:

Does anyone ever read the readme? It is explained in there too. :D

Just letting everyone know RPM v0.23.0 is out, so go get it to fix your transparent window lag issues and portrait camera issues.

Which is a very good addition to RPM! With the next update, this mod will have full campatibility with the newest version of RPM

I have a mission to build a base on Minmus, that is on wheels. When I test my base using K&K Combined Landing Gear, the "on wheels" requirement of the mission is not fulfilled.

It's probably because they aren't classified as wheels but landing legs. Even though they are both.

This is awesome, your mod was the final blow to my HABone colonising mod, no point pursing with it (maybe make it 3.75mtr if someone wants something really big, but KONQUEST is already in development).

How picky are you with people doing parts that fit nicely with KPBS, I sketched a killer drill that fits right in with this.

And the transparent windows and everything, amazing.

I have a mission to build a base on Minmus, that is on wheels. When I test my base using K&K Combined Landing Gear, the "on wheels" requirement of the mission is not fulfilled.

It is probably the same problem as with the cupola. But i have to take a look at the contract definition.

This is awesome, your mod was the final blow to my HABone colonising mod, no point pursing with it (maybe make it 3.75mtr if someone wants something really big, but KONQUEST is already in development).

How picky are you with people doing parts that fit nicely with KPBS, I sketched a killer drill that fits right in with this.

And the transparent windows and everything, amazing.

I don't have a problem with it when people make other parts for the base profile or the containers. I'm planning to update the templates for the containers and add a template for the base profile so people can add their own modules. :)

Just curious why you have not included the DeepFreeze parts that the guys created for your Mod? I mean if the Models are finished, and the cfg's are done, why haven't you updated to include them? Sorry if I'm missing something.

Just curious why you have not included the DeepFreeze parts that the guys created for your Mod? I mean if the Models are finished, and the cfg's are done, why haven't you updated to include them? Sorry if I'm missing something.

Sorry for that delay. KPBS wasn't in a state where it would be wise to be released due to some ongoing changes when JPLRepo finished the work on the DeepFreeze parts. I will make an update as soon as possible. Probably within the next 2-3 days as i have time again to work in the mod.