[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

So how is the performance with RPM transparency? Have you tested it with multiples of each part that uses it? Fustek has problems with some of its parts when lots of them are in the scene at once.

Had no problems with the performance yet. I think there were about 10 parts with IVA in one scene. But that may change when more props are added.

RPM props and the transparent windows will be in different *.cfg files though. So you can still remove the transparency easily by just removing one file.

Having multiple transparent pods in the same craft, or indeed within physics range of each other, is one way to get a performance drop. As long as you can't actually see the other pods from the interior of one of them, however, you won't even notice that it won't show the insides of other pods when in IVA. I'd be interested to see how you're handling their retracted states along with the transparent windows. I've yet to ever see an IVA view that animated along with the outside part to reflect a change in dimensions or size.

I simply make the IVA invisible until the part is fully deployed. Still have to make the windows not transparent until the IVA is visible though.

Had no problems with the performance yet. I think there were about 10 parts with IVA in one scene. But that may change when more props are added.

RPM props and the transparent windows will be in different *.cfg files though. So you can still remove the transparency easily by just removing one file.

I simply make the IVA invisible until the part is fully deployed. Still have to make the windows not transparent until the IVA is visible though.

Just swap the shaders in your code. PM me for an example if you need one.

Just gonna reiterate: love this mod. Screenshots from latest base on Duna soon (just need a bit more EVA time to move the final pieces together). Had to stuff around with the wheels quite a bit - looking forward to those being fixed.

I wonder, is there a mod that will show information on which direction a wheel motor will drive? Steering can be reversed in flight, but motor direction... it would save a lot of pain ...

I like that there's a good choice between this and the inflatable options in other mods. I've even combined the two in one base (well, I used the connecting tubes from MKS).

Could I request a larger KIS pod please? That 1200 limit is a bit restrictive :-)

So I'm having a little bit of an issue unless I'm just screwing things up . . . My hab module is full of carbon dioxide and docked with the green house but the green house status remains "Not enough carbon dioxide" and won't produce. Any ideas?

So I'm having a little bit of an issue unless I'm just screwing things up . . . My hab module is full of carbon dioxide and docked with the green house but the green house status remains "Not enough carbon dioxide" and won't produce. Any ideas?

which life support system?

Hmm i have just tried it out and it works for me. How are the Greenhouse and the habitat docked? It there any part between them that does not allow fuel-transfer? Are you using the small or the big greenhouse?

Maybe you could send me the save or the vessel where this happens.

Here's the Duna science base I've just built: I'm pretty darned happy with how it turned out.

pe6se4I.jpg

I've been designing, flying and constructing this over the last week. Apart from some nasty bugs causing unplanned disassembly, it's been quite fun :)

Album of construction: http://imgur.com/a/fYN4B

I know the cause of a couple of the unplanned disassemblies - they're mentioned in the album - but one of them remains a mystery and resulted in a very sad hyperedit to fix. On reload (of any sort) the utility wing (with the rover bay and KIS containers) attachment point to the central hub (the white base part attached to the central round container which has no legs attached to it - I forget the name of it) would spontaneously explode. I couldn't determine the cause of any real stress on it: I tried any number of things to stop it from exploding. I decoupled the wing, I made sure all the wheel brakes were on, I lowered all the landing legs. Nothing stopped it from exploding. And because it was such a core part, there was no way I was going to be able to KIS repair it, so I had to hyperedit in a new core. I don't like cheating, but there was no way to save the base without it :(

I'm running so many mods I have to use OpenGL so there's no shadows in the screenshots.

There's nothing disabling cross feed. All of the waste in the green house was transferred in from the hab. It may not be deprived of CarbonDioxied . . . but that was my best guess since I can't see the entire status message.

http://i.imgur.com/VIuNiZt.png

Not that familiar with TAC; I tried it a few times when it first came out....

So maybe this isn't helpful, but what happens if you try decreasing production?

In the meantime...the progress on RPM support and also it's transparent windows is progressing nicely:

http://i.imgur.com/eU7P1Le.png

YES! [with a fist pump added for good measure]

Still need some time until the next update. I still am full time occupied by my final exams for the next two weeks. Hope there will be something to show you soon after that.

All the best for your exams.

Peace.

Oh it does not say "Not enough carbon dioxide" :D

It actually says "Not enough crew". You need at least one Kerbal in the greenhouse for it to function. When one Kerbal is in the greenhouse it works at max 50% capacity. With two Kerbals it works with up to 100%. :wink:

Wow, so you're telling me in this age of prosperity and technological enlightenment for the Kerbal people, we still have to have low paid Kerbals shoveling ****???

We'll just see what Bernie Kerman has to say about that!

Feel the Kerm!

Vote Bernie Kerman, 2016

"Bernie Kerman is busy munching the seeds from the greenhouse while building little rockets out of mold. He is currently not available for an interview." :D

---Update---

Clarification: This is not meant to insult the real Bernie S. Forgot there is a potential canditate with that name for the upcoming election in the US.

Edited by Nils277

Wow, so you're telling me in this age of prosperity and technological enlightenment for the Kerbal people, we still have to have low paid Kerbals shoveling ****???

Feel the Kerm!

Vote Bernie Kerman, 2016

LOL, that's a surefire way to get robotic greenhouses!

Hahaha omfg thank you. I assumed it was something easy I was missing

No problem. It might be a good idea to change the text to "No Crew" or something to make sure everyone can read what the real problem is :wink:

All the new stuff on the horizon sounds fantastic, and I have the utmost respect for you exams pressure, but before you retire for a couple of weeks do you think it would be possible to release a quick hot fix that just finalizes the landing gear?

i can deal with other changes, but that's the one thing that has my Munbase deployment mission completely stalled in the R&D phase.

All the new stuff on the horizon sounds fantastic, and I have the utmost respect for you exams pressure, but before you retire for a couple of weeks do you think it would be possible to release a quick hot fix that just finalizes the landing gear?

i can deal with other changes, but that's the one thing that has my Munbase deployment mission completely stalled in the R&D phase.

Yeah, might be a good idea to make an interim release. I still have to finish some loose ends to bring it into usable state again. I might be able to make that release within the next few days hopefully.

Good luck on your exams!

Didn't have so much fun planning a base mission in a long time. Also I don't remember having to spend so much time planning and testing to succeed. Very rewarding. Congratz on a great mod.

KSP_MunBase.jpg

Any ideas why the cupola doesn't register as a cupola?

Keep up the good work

Any ideas why the cupola doesn't register as a cupola?

Cupola and ISRU are defined in stock contract system via unique part name. Only savefile and contracts config (for future contracts) editing can help. PM me and we'll fix that. :wink:

Edited by Bloody_looser