[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

Cupola and ISRU are defined in stock contract system via unique part name. Only savefile and contracts config (for future contracts) editing can help. PM me and we'll fix that. :wink:

Thanks for the info. I didn't understand after I had a look at the cfg file of the stock cupola and couldn't find any clue to how it is flagged as one for contracts. Now I understand, thanks. I deleted that part of the contract in my savefile so it is completed.

Thanks for the info. I didn't understand after I had a look at the cfg file of the stock cupola and couldn't find any clue to how it is flagged as one for contracts. Now I understand, thanks. I deleted that part of the contract in my savefile so it is completed.

Bloody_looser is right, it is defined via the unique name of the part...unfortunately.

I'm going to make new contracts that fit with the new parts. But seeing the devnotes this will be delayed until 1.1 is released to also include contextual contracts.

Ok, I hate to keep posting my problems here but I've just realized that my green house isn't producing food. Same setup as before but now fully crewed:

VIuNiZt.png

Am I missing something else? The only thing I've noticed is that I may not be producing enough waste to develop food? Maybe? It doesn't take much time at all for the waste to hit zero and stay there.

Ok, I hate to keep posting my problems here but I've just realized that my green house isn't producing food. Same setup as before but now fully crewed:

http://i.imgur.com/VIuNiZt.png

Am I missing something else? The only thing I've noticed is that I may not be producing enough waste to develop food? Maybe? It doesn't take much time at all for the waste to hit zero and stay there.

Your greenhouse status says: not enough crew.

That's an old picture. Like I said before, it is now fully crewed but that's the same setup.

I guess that your craft is fully supplied with oxygen. The greenhouse stops producing when oxygen is full. I already changed that and this will be fixed with the next update.

As a small update. I think there will be an update on Saturday or Sunday to finally solve the bugs that you encountered.

The update will not have all the features i wanted it to have and some things, like the cross-section or the support for CTT will be missing because of the lack of time.

But i am happy to announce that the mod will get support for DeepFreeze. Many thanks to JPLRepo and MerlinsMaster who privided the parts for DeepFreeze! :)

As a small teaser here are some screenshots of them:

5OLwCoA.png

zeUwRZ7.png

wSWLZoe.png

I guess that your craft is fully supplied with oxygen. The greenhouse stops producing when oxygen is full. I already changed that and this will be fixed with the next update.

That seems to have been my issue. I dumped oxygen to about 50% and then restarted the greenhouse and it started producing food. The DeepFreeze parts are going to be outstanding also.

Side note, been searching through the thread but is there a design that allows for a completely sustainable base on another planet** or are resupply trips always going to be necessary?

** Using TAC Life Support. If not, is there a recommendation for a different/better life support mod?

Edited by Styles2304

As a small update. I think there will be an update on Saturday or Sunday to finally solve the bugs that you encountered.

The update will not have all the features i wanted it to have and some things, like the cross-section or the support for CTT will be missing because of the lack of time.

But i am happy to announce that the mod will get support for DeepFreeze. Many thanks to JPLRepo and MerlinsMaster who privided the parts for DeepFreeze! :)

Just a small teaser! I look forward to your updates as much as the game updates too! (I do hope that my most desired part of the update will be included though. Impatience is a vice.)

Good luck with your exams and no doubt we'll see you once exam conclude and 1.1 drops!

Peace.

This is an awesome mod! Do you have a timeframe for getting the Kontainers from USI implemented? Your mod also makes an awesome rover / drill rig BTW...just need it to carry the Kontainers so it can store the ore, karbonite, etc. :)

Great mod. Keep up the good work!

So it is finally UPDATE TIME! :)

Changelog:

v0.2.3

New Parts:

• [*=1]Added 4X Modular Storage for the Size2 profile
    [*=1]Added 8X Modular Storage for the Size2 profile
    [*=1]Added Crosssection for the base profile. It also has a vertical attachment point

Enhancements:

• [*=1]Optimized some Collision-Meshes to be more stable and faster
    [*=1]Expandable modules now have an Airlock on the side and on the top
    [*=1]Adjusted center of mass for the containers
    [*=1]Adjusted steering of the combined landing legs
    [*=1]Changed status-text of the greenhouse when no crew is in that part
    [*=1]Moved support for CLS into separate file to prevent log spam of missing modules
    [*=1]The greenhouse can now be found in the Life-Support section when a LS system is installed

Mod Support:

• [*=1]Added support for Raster-Prop-Mointor (with transparent windows)
    [*=1]Added support for RealFuels, Modular Fuel Tanks and Stockalike Realfuels

Bug-Fixes:

• [*=1]Tweaked thermal properties of the docking-ports to counteract the overheating bug
    [*=1]Partially reverted rotation of Landing-Leg and Landing-Gear to reenable symmetry
    [*=1]Base Bi-Cupler now has the right bulkhead profile set
    [*=1]Set the waste capacity of the greenhouse to the right value
    [*=1]The Greenhouse now still produces food for TAC-LS when oxygen is full
    [*=1]Kerbal can now also walk on parts while these parts are animated
    [*=1]Potentially fixed clipping bug when deploying the modules

The downloads can be found here:

From KerbalStuff

From CurseForge

Things that did not make into this update but will be added in the next one: Airlocks for the Base profile, support for CTT, the last IVA and the Tri-Cupler for 3.75m.

The DeepFreeze parts are not entirely done yet. I will post an update once they are ready for release.

Please let me know when you find any bugs.

This is an awesome mod! Do you have a timeframe for getting the Kontainers from USI implemented? Your mod also makes an awesome rover / drill rig BTW...just need it to carry the Kontainers so it can store the ore, karbonite, etc. :)

Great mod. Keep up the good work!

You mean MKS/OKS right? I don't have a plan yet when to add them. I'm not really sure at the moment how to interweave those two mods as MKS/OKS adds a whole new ecosystem to the game.

---Update---

I still don't have a clue why the downloads from the first version of the mod makes up ~30% of the downloads. Are there any ideas? :D

Edited by Nils277

This is a great mod, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

That said, the 0.2.3 update allows you to see inside the Command Module through the window. That's REALLY cool and everything... In theory. But with KSPs sad performance issues, it KILLS my frame rates when the module is in view.

Can I disable that via tweaking a config file?

A small hotfix update, sorry for that...

Changelog

v0.2.4

Bug-Fixes:

• [*=1]Added missing source-files
    [*=1]Removed crew-capacity from the crossSection

Download:

From KerbalStuff

From CurseForge

No old models without a blocky airlock? :c

No, the blocky airlock will be optional. Although i forgot to add them. They will be added in the next update.

You should put images of the new parts in these posts. :D I can never wait to see them.

I will update the album when i have time in the next days :wink:

Just downloaded 0.2.3 and so very very impressed. The transparent windows are my favourite :).

Congratulations and again, go well in your studying and examinations.

Peace.

Thanks :) The only thing bugging me is that my parts seem to sink a bit into the ground and you can see it in the IVA, hope i find a fix for that.

Edited by Nils277

hi Nils277 , the wheels works great now expect for the fact that the motor look like is inverted, if you press W they go backward if you press S they go forward, is this intented?

Thanks for keep working on this nice mod!

PS: also look like the new 4x storage miss the "inline" description

Edited by brusura

You should put images of the new parts in these posts. :D I can never wait to see them.
hi Nils277 , the wheels works great now expect for the fact that the motor look like is inverted, if you press W they go backward if you press S they go forward, is this intented?

Thanks for keep working on this nice mod!

PS: also look like the new 4x storage miss the "inline" description

You are right, the inline description is missing, will add that for the next release.

I have to look into the inverted motors. Maybe this can be fixed without breaking the wheels again. Will change that if possible. :wink: