[1.0.5] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.0.2 Released!

Nils277

The transparent windows are beautiful :blush:

I've a curious bug with the wheels, that I couldn't solve after multiple tests : the front and back directions for driving are inverted.

I totally remade my craft to be sure i did not made a mistake. Any idea ?

Also, the lateral nodes from the Meerkat difficultly grab the nodes of the landing gears.

Yep, the iverted wheels were reported. I look into it to find a fix.

When you press ALT in the VAB/SPH you can add it more easily. This disables the surface attach

Where in the stock tech tree should the greenhouse be?

For that matter, does anyone know where it should be in the Community Tech Tree?

The greenhouse is currently in the "Advanced Science Tech" node in the tech tree. But this might change in the next or the next but one update. Many parts are too early in the TT and i will move them back.

Why do you ask? Isn't the Greenhouse available at all currently?

There isn't a position for the greenhouse in CTT for now. I'm currently working on adding support for it.

Comparing PBS and Universal storage, I noticed, that there is a large discrepancy between different mods how to handle the Sabatier process and water splitting:

Universal storage features hydrogen, that's consumed during the Sabitier process and and produced in water electrolysis

PBS uses "waste" and "ore" to accommodate this.

This feals kinda strange ...

Comparing PBS and Universal storage, I noticed, that there is a large discrepancy between different mods how to handle the Sabatier process and water splitting:

Universal storage features hydrogen, that's consumed during the Sabitier process and and produced in water electrolysis

PBS uses "waste" and "ore" to accommodate this.

This feals kinda strange ...

I know there is a difference between Univeral Storage and the process from universal storage is closer to reality. I decided to go this way because many ppl said that they don't want another resource added but i still wanted it to be a bit more realistic than the original converter from TAC.

I figured that the usage of ore is somehow a replacement for hydrogen as it can be extracted from "ore" or rather regolith. (At least according to some NASA reports)

Maybe i will change that in the future and make it more similar to US than it is now. I don't know yet.

Just curious Nils, how far are you with the next update?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and PS: You might wanna look at this bug I found.

http://i.imgur.com/j9ziJme.png

Uhm that looks really weird...Does this only appear on one of your crafts or on others too? Also do you have any other mods installed?

Regarding the next update: I managed to fix the errors that ocurred after the last update but not more. The parts for DeepFreeze need some final polishing and there are no new parts yet. I hadn't had much time to do more...

Wait. I found out what happened, it was a bug with free IVA.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: All I want is the IVA for the lab and fixed lights.

FreeIVA is not compatible with RasterPropMonitor.

It draws a cylinder which RPM makes visible.

I already raised this on the FreeIVA forum thread.

Wait. I found out what happened, it was a bug with free IVA.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: All I want is the IVA for the lab and fixed lights.

The lights are fixed. But progress on the last IVA is slow...i'm kinda out of ideas of what to add into it :(

The greenhouse is currently in the "Advanced Science Tech" node in the tech tree. But this might change in the next or the next but one update. Many parts are too early in the TT and i will move them back.

Why do you ask? Isn't the Greenhouse available at all currently?

There isn't a position for the greenhouse in CTT for now. I'm currently working on adding support for it.

I'm using CTT, but wasn't sure if that alone would stop it from showing up in the tech tree. I was asking about where it'd be in the stock tree on the (naive?) presumption it'd show up there if there's no CTT tech node defined already.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Sorry, my brain must've been asleep last time I looked for it.

The lights are fixed. But progress on the last IVA is slow...i'm kinda out of ideas of what to add into it :(

Plant growth experiments. 3D printing experiments. A spectroscope.

A small chemistry lab with vent hood. A rack filled with mysterious components with lots of red buttons and a "DO NOT TOUCH" sticky-note. An open vat of Mystery Goo, with a spoon sticking out of it and a "DO NOT EAT" sticky-note. A framed photo of Wernher and Bob embracing and looking slightly drunk.

I dunno. Just throw a bunch of wires at it and tell people it's too quantum for them to understand.

Edited by LitaAlto

Maybe if you'd show us a pic we could give you some tips.

A small chemistry lab with vent hood. A rack filled with mysterious components with lots of red buttons and a "DO NOT TOUCH" sticky-note. An open vat of Mystery Goo, with a spoon sticking out of it and a "DO NOT EAT" sticky-note. A framed photo of Wernher and Bob embracing and looking slightly drunk.

I dunno. Just throw a bunch of wires at it and tell people it's too quantum for them to understand.

Sounds like some funny ideas :D Maybe i'll add some of them in the IVA.

Currently it looks like this:

9ohRGtp.png

The experiments and some other stuff are still missing...

Hey! Love the mod. Love the latest update. But since that came out I'm getting some serious lag whenever I'm near a ship or base with the mod parts. Anyone know why that might be?

Hmm do you have RPM installed and have transparent windows? The lag is due to that. The transparent windows from RPM cause some serious lags. There's an explanation in the readme to disable the transparent windows. I still have to do some work on that though...

The latest dev version of RPM includes the ability to turn tranparency of per part via the part right click menu which will help. You can pick it up in the RPM thread here. It is also known lag problem when using RPM transparency that if your part internal is using basic flat mesh colliders on internal props. Nils - You might need to check what colliders you have on props for transparent parts.

Edited by JPLRepo

The latest dev version of RPM includes the ability to turn tranparency of per part via the part right click menu which will help. You can pick it up in the RPM thread here. It is also known lag problem when using RPM transparency that if your part internal is using basic flat mesh colliders on internal props. Nils - You might need to check what colliders you have on props for transparent parts.

The props used in the IVA are stock or ones directly from RPM. They should aleady have the right colliders. The only additional colliders are the ones to switch to another camera and they are already box colliders.

I specially like the idea with the rack. In the hostile environment like space or other worlds atmospheres some automated stuff would be necessary for experiments of all kinds. Automated stuff mostly needs a lot of displays, switches, caution/warning/alert LEDs to ensure everything works as expected. Also looks sciencey (like this).

Another idea would be a glove-box or simply some storage for equipment, but these are just some ideas floating around in my head :)

I specially like the idea with the rack. In the hostile environment like space or other worlds atmospheres some automated stuff would be necessary for experiments of all kinds. Automated stuff mostly needs a lot of displays, switches, caution/warning/alert LEDs to ensure everything works as expected. Also looks sciencey (like this).

Another idea would be a glove-box or simply some storage for equipment, but these are just some ideas floating around in my head :)

The fridge door should be slightly ajar and clickable so you can zoom in on it. Zooming in reveals a bagged lunch nestled among all the biohazardous materials.

The props used in the IVA are stock or ones directly from RPM. They should aleady have the right colliders. The only additional colliders are the ones to switch to another camera and they are already box colliders.

I'm a big fan of the transparent windows, but the RPM props not so much. Installing RPM to get eth windows, and experiencing more lag, I deleted the RPM Props, which did help significantly (but did not alleviate the lag.) Better still it kept the transparent windows!

Peace.

I'm a big fan of the transparent windows, but the RPM props not so much. Installing RPM to get eth windows, and experiencing more lag, I deleted the RPM Props, which did help significantly (but did not alleviate the lag.) Better still it kept the transparent windows!

Peace.

I'm working on a change to RPM for MOARdV to remove the props when you are in flight mode. It definitely makes a big difference to performance. The trick is not to remove all the props....

Hmm do you have RPM installed and have transparent windows? The lag is due to that. The transparent windows from RPM cause some serious lags. There's an explanation in the readme to disable the transparent windows. I still have to do some work on that though...

Yes, I do have RPM. Thanks for the info. I'll try removing RPM for now, I don't use it anyway. Thanks!

Edit: Yeah, that fixed it. I did lose the transparent windows, but I'll live with that. Thanks.

Edited by Phil deCube