ResearchBodies [OLD THREAD]

simon56modder

Alright, I was ready to launch my first telescope rocket, but once I switch from VAB to launch platform, the camera stats to shake, and the whole rockets except the telescope start to rise with in the background engine RCS noise.. The same happens if I remove all parts except for the Telescope. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

EDit: putting the ModuleTrackBodies partmodule one any other part result in the same effect. This modulePart is defiantly creating the effect in KSP 1.1.2

Edited by FreeThinker

BUG: The difficulty buttons in the UI selector have no effect. I just edited the values I wanted into the config file in my save directory, but clicking the Easy, Normal, etc buttons on the UI didn't change the ignored planets.

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Alright, I was ready to launch my first telescope rocket, but once I switch from VAB to launch platform, the camera stats to shake, and the whole rockets except the telescope start to rise with in the background engine RCS noise.. The same happens if I remove all parts except for the Telescope. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

EDit: putting the ModuleTrackBodies partmodule one any other part result in the same effect. This modulePart is defiantly creating the effect in KSP 1.1.2

I had the same problem. Actually, the problem is that the telescope is the first part of the rocket. My problem was resolved when I put an probe core as the first part of the rocket, and after that I attached the telescope on it.

1 hour ago, Bikini said:

I had the same problem. Actually, the problem is that the telescope is the first part of the rocket. My problem was resolved when I put an probe core as the first part of the rocket, and after that I attached the telescope on it.

Thanks. this should be in the first page as a known issue.

Edited by FreeThinker

Alright, after some hacks, I finally for to cataloging the planets. So I simply aim at a body and observe and let Werner research for money untill discover. So basically it is a money to science converter. It does seem that challenging after you discovered the first body. just repeat. Only  the last unknown object (after jool) doesn't want to be found. Perhaps it is too far away.

Edited by FreeThinker

On 5/8/2016 at 9:54 AM, Bikini said:

Still having this issue even with it not as the first part. Removed all mods and still same issue with the camera getting stuck suddenly and the rocket flies away. Changed root parts, even mounted them sideways and upside down, with or without fairings. KSP's debug doesn't say anything and nor does the flight log.

I've had it consistently do this when the altitude hits about 6000m. Stops happening as soon as I pull the telescope off.

Not that it matters, also checked in both 32-bit and 64-bit, same issue. Will upload the output_log in a bit.

Edited by IggyHitokage

11 minutes ago, IggyHitokage said:

Still having this issue even with it not as the first part. Removed all mods and still same issue with the camera getting stuck suddenly and the rocket flies away. Changed root parts, even mounted them sideways and upside down, with or without fairings. KSP's debug doesn't say anything and nor does the flight log.

I've had it consistently do this when the altitude hits about 6000m. Stops happening as soon as I pull the telescope off.

Not that it matters, also checked in both 32-bit and 64-bit, same issue. Will upload the output_log in a bit.

Upload an output_log with it happening and I will take a look.

25 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Found the nullref in the log, it's in the spoiler there, I just replaced my username in Windows with username. Copy/pasted the nullref here too.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RenderingManager.AddToPostDrawQueue (Int32 queueSpot, .Callback drawFunction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ResearchBodies.ModuleTrackBodies.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'll also do a full reinstall and see if that helps. This was a previously modded install copy/pasted into a fresh folder for testing individual mods.

Edit: Apologies, log deleted.

Edited by IggyHitokage
Log deleted

11 minutes ago, IggyHitokage said:

2 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Uh, it's in the spoiler in my previous post. Also, full reinstall with a fresh download from Steam yielded the same results, camera loss at 6000m.

3 minutes ago, IggyHitokage said:

Uh, it's in the spoiler in my previous post. Also, full reinstall with a fresh download from Steam yielded the same results, camera loss at 6000m.

Sorry forum broke because of your gigantic post with a log and it lost my reply.
Please don't post log files into the forum. Use dropbox, etc.

What I did say was: RenderingManager  is deprecated in KSP 1.1+ and cannot be used.
I'm surprised it is working for anyone. It uses this for the PART menu when in flight.
I'm talking to simon56modder about a fix. So stay tuned!

5 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Sorry forum broke because of your gigantic post with a log and it lost my reply.
Please don't post log files into the forum. Use dropbox, etc.

What I did say was: RenderingManager  is deprecated in KSP 1.1+ and cannot be used.
I'm surprised it is working for anyone. It uses this for the PART menu when in flight.
I'm talking to simon56modder about a fix. So stay tuned!

Sorry! Didn't know, I edited the post to remove the log, will use a fileshare in the future. Thanks for the quick look though, much appreciated!

Edited by IggyHitokage

1 minute ago, JPLRepo said:

@FreeThinker @Bikini I would think your issues are related to the same thing as  @IggyHitokage the telescope part is broken in 1.1+.

Well either way, I wasted a lot of time figuring out the the Telescope was causing the issie. Time which could have been spend better if it was at least mentioned as a known issue you can work arround

13 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Well either way, I wasted a lot of time figuring out the the Telescope was causing the issie. Time which could have been spend better if it was at least mentioned as a known issue you can work arround

Until 30 minutes ago it was not a known issue.. Now it is. You efforts are appreciated... as much as mine.
I have been in discussions with simon56modder who does not have the time to look after his mod any more, announcement soon. In the meantime I will get a Dev patch up sometime today.

Edited by JPLRepo

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:

Until 30 minutes ago it was not a known issue.. Now it is. You efforts are appreciated... as much as mine.
I have been in discussions with simon56modder who does not have the time to look after his mod any more, announcement soon. In the meantime I will get a Dev patch up sometime today.

Thanks for working on this, JPL. I actually just uninstalled the mod a few days ago because I was too lazy busy to troubleshoot, but I can confirm.

Good luck finding a fix, but don't work too hard :wink:

1 minute ago, Venusgate said:

Thanks for working on this, JPL. I actually just uninstalled the mod a few days ago because I was too lazy busy to troubleshoot, but I can confirm.

Good luck finding a fix, but don't work too hard :wink:

I've already fixed it... just testing it... Won't be long.

25 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I've already fixed it... just testing it... Won't be long.

@Venusgate @IggyHitokage @FreeThinker @Bikini and everyone else who uses this mod:

V1.7.1 Available on GitHub only at this stage on the link below, source code is also there as well. License is still the same as the OP. Should fix the issues with the telescope. PLEASE ENSURE YOU COMPLETELY DELETE PREVIOUS versions from Gamedata\ResearchBodies before installing as I have moved files around to more standard locations. I have also Added KSP-AVC version checking to the install. The required speach with regard to that (forum rules):
This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC.
If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available.
Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent.
For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin

More information and announcement coming soon.

https://github.com/JPLRepo/ResearchBodies/releases/tag/V1.7.1

Edited by JPLRepo

Important information

USER JPLRepo IS TAKING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS MOD. while he is doing so, download will still be available until he publishes a new version of the mod.

Thanks a lot for taking the dev of Research Bodies :)