Writing a MM Config for a two mods.

Forty21112

Hi, I'm planning to make MM config for the 0.625 RCS tank to be able to change between RCS, .50 cal, 20mm and 30mm ammo types.

Note that, those are resources from the mod BD armory and I would probably be using Interstellar Fuel Switch.

And since I have no experience, I'm hesitant to start before I have some idea of the wheres and hows.

Any help is appreciated. :D

You'll get better answers if this is posted/moved into the addon forums.

You also probably know more about this than I do, but one starting place would be to look at the MM Config for already existing mods.

Edited by Reddeyfish

I've never used these mods, so I can't really go into specifics. But in general, you'll want to look at the configs for BD armory that define the ammo. Then you'll want to look at the Interstellar configs for fuel tanks to see how they do the switch. You'll want a modman config that removes the RCS resource, and then adds the Interstellar module that lets you switch between resources, using whatever format it expects.

EDIT: Note this could have odd results if you load a save that had that RCS tank on a ship. Likely it'll end up empty or something else unexpected.

There is no stock module that can change between resources.

You can have it hold a certain amount of every ammunition type, but when you remove some, it wont add to the overall capacity of the others. Now, you can duplicate the part as many times as desired, and make them all have their own capacities, but they wont be interchangeable.

EDIT: Actually, I don't know any modules at all that allow fuel interchangeability. Maybe the fuel switcher mod has something like that, but I've never used it.

Edited by Xannari Ferrows

No, I was able to change tanks contents but I would have to put the module in the cfg. Which is not good if you want to delete it.

I'm now looking for a way to do the changes without going into the parts config file.

With the FIRESPITTER fuel switch, this should be correct (I think)(it's been a while since I last edited a config)

@PART[RCSFuelTankR10]

{

MODULE {

name = FSfuelSwitch

resourceNames = MonoPropellant;20x102Ammo;50CalAmmo;30x173Ammo

resourceAmounts = 250;750;1500;600

}

!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant] {}

}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.