[1.0.4] Kinetic Penetrator - for Science! BETA (No longer supported)

Randazzo

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit of an update on why there's been no update:

The impending upgrade to Unity 5 brings with it a wheel collider overhaul, and I'm waiting for that to drop before moving forward. Why do wheel colliders matter? The main body has an invisible landing leg to dampen impact forces to tolerable levels, and currently landing legs in KSP are just wheels with the brakes eternally active. Seeing as that's one of the most necessary components of the whole shebang, I'm not eager to sink time into it only to find out it's going to be broken.

As kottabos stated (https://youtu.be/hMgkPbSZZOc?t=9m42s) I would like if the generator was removed and perhaps part of the hull would be solar panel or something in these lines.

Assuming I can continue with this, one of the ideas I have is an upgradeable device. Meaning it could start without a generator, and be unlocked earlier in the tree, later gaining the more advanced experiments and parts. As for a solar panel, one must consider the impact forces this thing undergoes. Things bolted to the side risk destruction.

The generator comes from the real-world design ideas, as it's really intended to be a mostly autonomous device. I could make it something one could turn on and off, I suppose.

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Atlas2342 said:

Do I have to actually install KAS in KSP or just download it?

Many thanks...:D,

Atlas2342

KAS is a dependency. You must have it for this to function.

It would probably survive impacts and such but it would bounce comically without the KAS grapple node working.

Edited by Randazzo

On 12/18/2015 at 0:07 PM, Randazzo said:

I don't plan on doing anything more with this until 1.1 and Unity 5. It does still work in 1.0.5 though.

In that case, can you update Kerbalstuff to mark it as 1.0.5 compatible?  That way CKAN will see it and make it available.

Thanks

7 hours ago, Atlas2342 said:

Do you mean in the tech tree because I play sandbox

That is what I meant. As I have this installed and the parts are all present, I have to assume it's something on your end.

Ensure the folder is installed in the correct location, and either check your output log for errors related to the parts or put it up somewhere so I can look at it.

Edited by Randazzo

17 hours ago, Randazzo said:

That is what I meant. As I have this installed and the parts are all present, I have to assume it's something on your end.

Ensure the folder is installed in the correct location, and either check your output log for errors related to the parts or put it up somewhere so I can look at it.

Where is the correct location and where do you get the output log?.....:confused:

PS: Sorry if I'm annoying. Its my first time handling these stuff....:D

15 hours ago, Atlas2342 said:

Where is the correct location and where do you get the output log?.....:confused:

PS: Sorry if I'm annoying. Its my first time handling these stuff....:D

You're not annoying me, I just needed more information to offer any help. The log file you sent me is showing the file path as "Kinetic_Penetrator_by_Vanguard_Astrodynamics-0.11a (2)/GameData/VanguardAstrodynamics/KineticPenetrator/". You'll need to delete that.

1. Navigate to your main Kerbal Space Program folder.
  2. Open the GameData folder
  3. Open the .zip file, then open the GameData folder inside. You should see a VanguardAstrodynamics folder.
  4. Drag the VanguardAstrodynamics folder directly into Kerbal Space Program/GameData/

The folder structure should be ...Kerbal Space Program\GameData\VanguardAstrodynamics\KineticPenetrator once it's installed.

Qw4RKdU.pngXh551yw.png

• 1 month later...