[1.3/1.2/1.1] [Kopernicus] Other_Worlds star/planet pack - v1.0.2

Pkmniako

------------- Important -------------

I've created a poll so everyone can give me an opinion about what they want to see in the future of the mod:
LINK

----------------------------------------

On 15/5/2016 at 10:32 PM, Deimos Rast said:

So I'm going to cut corners and cross post an error report I made in the Modular Flight Integrator thread here that may or  may not be of interest.

Basically, while in Map View, I focused viewed every planet in the game, and every planet pertaining to your pack caused ModularFlightIntegrator to throw a wall of NRE's (see below, log here). My guess is, it's the issue of the second Sun, and the NRE's disappear as soon as I switch back to a planet that orbits Sol.

This is on Linux x64 with v1.1.13 for KSP 1.1.12.

Cheers.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FlightIntegrator.CalculateSunBodyFlux () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator.CalculateSunBodyFlux () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FlightIntegrator.ThermoPrecalculate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FlightIntegrator.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Huh. Never heard of that mod before. I'll investigate to see if I can came up with the problem. Does your game lag when it spams the NRE's?

You have decided. I'm resurrecting the n2 system! Here!

We'll start with a little selene planet that orbits a brown dwarf (Not depicted in photo) that has a very strange mountain in the middle of a mare.

PTv7mpD.png

I'd really like to see Cercani become an actually stable binary companion to Kerbol. Like, one that works in Principia. Revamping the current planets would be cool, but Cercani really needs some more inner planets and moons.

I just tried to use this mod and got the following error from Module Manager:

6 errors related to GameData/OtherWorlds/CercaniSystem/-CONFIGS-/PrimaSecunda_SigmaBinary.cfg

And at that point KSP became unresponsive.

3 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

I just tried to use this mod and got the following error from Module Manager:

6 errors related to GameData/OtherWorlds/CercaniSystem/-CONFIGS-/PrimaSecunda_SigmaBinary.cfg

And at that point KSP became unresponsive.

Remove it. It's the easy way out. I'll look into it.

Error from my log with MM 2.6.25 (didn't receive the error on 2.6.24)

[LOG 21:33:40.980] [ModuleManager] Applying node OtherWorlds/CercaniSystem/-CONFIGS-/PrimaSecunda_SigmaBinary/@Kopernicus:BEFORE[Squad] to Kopernicus/Config/System/Kerbol System
[LOG 21:33:41.004] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key mass in Properties
[LOG 21:33:41.005] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key sphereOfInfluence = #$mass$
[LOG 21:33:41.008] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key referenceBody = #$/Body:HAS[#SigmaBinary[Barycenter]]/name$
[LOG 21:33:41.022] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key mass in Properties
[LOG 21:33:41.023] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key semiMajorAxis = #$/Body:HAS[#SigmaBinary[Secondary]]/Properties/mass$
[LOG 21:33:41.024] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key mass in Properties
[LOG 21:33:41.025] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key semiMajorAxis = #$../Properties/mass$
[LOG 21:33:41.027] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key mass in Properties
[LOG 21:33:41.028] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key semiMajorAxis = #$/Body:HAS[#SigmaBinary[Secondary]]/Properties/mass$
[LOG 21:33:41.040] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key sphereOfInfluence = #$/Body:HAS[#SigmaBinary[Barycenter]]/Properties/sphereOfInfluence$

On 11/2/2015 at 11:03 PM, eataTREE said:

So, uh. I think someone needs to explain to Gene Kerman at Mission Control exactly how far away Cercani is from Kerbin(*). I keep getting offered missions to explore various bodies in the Cercani system when, in this career save, I've only just returned from my first chemically-fueled Duna mission. I don't have enough tech to get to Jool, Gene; interstellar travel is not going to happen yet!

(*) I changed the Kopernicus config to put Cercani at 0.15 light years from Kerbol, so in my case it's extra far away. Not happening until I research fusion or warp technology.

This is happening with me too...it's clogging up my Mission Control and thus I'm not getting any new 'Explore ____' contracts, which means I have no reason to go beyond Jool because I'm not getting any contracts to do that. :(

On 30/5/2016 at 11:07 PM, yorshee said:

This is happening with me too...it's clogging up my Mission Control and thus I'm not getting any new 'Explore ____' contracts, which means I have no reason to go beyond Jool because I'm not getting any contracts to do that. :(

I'll look into that, also...

5 minutes ago, JsJa said:

I cant find 1.0.5v of Kopernikus... where can I find it? or... can I use 1.0.4 v of kopernikus?

The 1.0.5 is refering to the KSP version, you can use whatever version of kopernicus if it's compatible with KSP 1.1.2

5 minutes ago, Pkmniako said:

I'll look into that, also...

The 1.0.5 is refering to the KSP version, you can use whatever version of kopernicus if it's compatible with KSP 1.1.2

Ah ok, im using ksp 1.0.5 version and I think I need 1.0.5 version of kopernikus too!

On 23/05/2016 at 6:26 AM, Pkmniako said:

Remove it. It's the easy way out. I'll look into it.

Yeah I have the same problem. I do have other Kopernicus planet mods (Outer Planets Mod and New Horizons) if that could effect the game loading. I also have Sigma Binary. I read the configs, and it says the PrimaSecunda was for Sigma Binary 0.2.4. Sigma binary as of now is 1.5.1. Also, you have Binary characteristics for both primary and secondary bodies. Sigma only requires the secondary planet. I am going to try to fix this from my end. I'll post a config if I fix it

Edited by BashGordon33

OK everybody! I found a solution to the Prima-Secunda Barycentre issue. First thing you must do is delete 'PrimaSecunda_Properties.cfg' and 'PrimaSecunda_Resources.cfg' located in: 

Gamedata/OtherWorlds/CercaniSystem/-CONFIGS-/

There should be 2 files you must delete.

After you have deleted the files you should open the file called 'PrimeSecunda_SigmaBinary.cfg' with a text editor. Delete everything inside it. Copy and paste the following text into the file:

Spoiler

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigmaBinary]
{
    @Body[Secunda]
    {
        SigmaBinary
        {
            name = Prima-Secunda Barycentre
            primaryLocked = true
            redrawOrbit = true
            Properties
            {
                description = This is the Barycentre for the Prima-Secunda system
                selectable = true
            }
            Orbit
            {
                mode = x
                icon = x
                color = 0,0,1,0
            }
        }
    }
}

Save the file and run KSP. The game should now work

On 5/21/2016 at 3:17 PM, Pkmniako said:

You have decided. I'm resurrecting the n2 system! Here!

We'll start with a little selene planet that orbits a brown dwarf (Not depicted in photo) that has a very strange mountain in the middle of a mare.

PTv7mpD.png

That looks interesting enough to attempt a landing (and a skiing contest). Quick question: What's the name of this moon, and what are the names and characteristics of the other bodies you're working on? I want to add some pages about them to the Kopernicus Planets Wikia (It has been too quiet there...).

11 hours ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

That looks interesting enough to attempt a landing (and a skiing contest). Quick question: What's the name of this moon, and what are the names and characteristics of the other bodies you're working on? I want to add some pages about them to the Kopernicus Planets Wikia (It has been too quiet there...).

I'll PM you when I have the ideas done. Thank you for completing the Kopernicus Wikia :D

6 hours ago, BashGordon33 said:

So I found a second error. When  downloaded this I had New Horizons as well, and all my space ships were moved into orbit around planets in this mod

AFAIK the mod doesn't have anything to do with that, but with Kopernicus, so try using Hyperedit to change them to their original place.

4 hours ago, Pkmniako said:

I'll PM you when I have the ideas done. Thank you for completing the Kopernicus Wikia :D

Thanks, but I'm going to need some screenshots. Also, what happened to System N2? Did the Kraken feed off of the planet data from that system?

31 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Thanks, but I'm going to need some screenshots. Also, what happened to System N2? Did the Kraken feed off of the planet data from that system?

Deleted and didn't realized it was on the desktop

Shhhhh

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Pkmniako said:

With the Old EVE yes, but of course it's outdated, so... no. Sorry :(

Damn...

--EDIT--

Looks great tho, It's probably the 1st "Other Stars" mod I ever looked at, I sincerely hope that they'll come SoonTM!

Edited by Andem

cool stuff. I'm thinking about adding this mod. 2 questions:

1. is it likely to break an existing save? I'm currently using stock with OPM added in. Will Other Worlds modify anything in the Kerbol system?
  2. Are the planets complete with biomes to explore?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2016 at 7:23 PM, tjt said:

1. is it likely to break an existing save? I'm currently using stock with OPM added in. Will Other Worlds modify anything in the Kerbol system?

1. No

2. Yes

On 20/07/2016 at 9:23 AM, tjt said:

1: Yes, your ships orbit different planets to what they used to. If you don't already know about Planet Ids and the Persistent file ask me and I'll give you a workaround so you don't break existing saves

2: Yes, but when you get to Cercani I highly doubt you will still need science. Especially when you have OPM. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.