Money problem

matiimakaka

Hello. Sorry for my lenguage - I'm from Poland ;).

One week ago i start career, I did some contracts, and i got little Sience Points, but i don't look for my money and now i have 3500 credits :)

I have 2 contract, but this contracts are difficutl (my bad). So, I must start new career or can You know how get little money?

I'm sorry if someone asked this question before me.

Contracts are currently the only way to bring in money. However, you should have a choice of contracts being offered to you. Are there any easier ones in that list? Can you cancel one you've agreed to and do another instead? If not, then yes, it looks like you'll need to start over.

Meanwhile, I understood your question and you are welcome to post here, but if you feel more comfortable in your native language, we do have a sub-forum for Polish.

And welcome to the forum. :D

If you've only got $3500 and 2 contracts taking up both contract slots in Mission Control, the only choice (other than restarting, which is fine really as you seem to be just starting out anyway) is to cancel them, take the hit, and start anew.

Note: You won't go under $0 for canceling the contracts, so you'll only lose the $3500. And you can build a $3500 ship and put it on the launch pad, then cancel the contracts, and then recover the vessel to get your money back. So, all you'll lose is a little rep.

Then you can take 2 new contracts that will give you some seed money to build a ship that can complete them. You could also just take a few "test this part on the launch pad" type stuff to build up a bankroll so you can tackle harder missions (and get your rep back you lost earlier).

with career mode ive found its much more fun if you set your starting money to 500,000, and set starting science to like 300 or so. Starting out in career mode is the most boring part of the game, by customizing the settings this way it skips that initial boring part.

Don't forget there's a new policy to be used in the Administration Building which lets you sell off your rep for money in a one-shot (it's called "Bail-out", if i'm not mistaken)

I don't know if it's enough money to be worth the trouble, tho, but it's better than nothing ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.