[1.0.4] Scott Manley Head Pack!

Potatto

This is the most horrifying mod ever seen...

Suggestions:

Redo the mouth, its painted on and it makes it worse as the Kerbal mouth is still there... so Scott basically has a gapping wound on his throat which he can open and close at will (without bleeding), so I suggest we working the mouth so its not painted on, but rather part of the face.

Lastly... with the prementioned suggestion, make sure to balance everything out... then it will look less like *dies*.

08b.jpg

I have seen things... things that could get the .... out of any man. I have seen things God never intended the human eye to see, things seemingly having escaped from the deepest dungeons of Hell. I have sen thing shuman mind can barely fully comprehend, unable to fully grasp the concept of such Lovecraftian monstrosities. I have gotten used to them, danced with them, conquered my greatest fears.

And then, I saw this. And for the first time in years, I <removed> my pants in terror.

I can imagine the creepypasta.

Early career mode's going as expected. You've gotten Jeb into orbit, done a Mun flyby ... and then you look in the contract list and see one labeled "Scott." That's funny, you think, usually they're more descriptive descriptions, such as "test so-and-so in such-and-such a scenario." You can't decline it and it's simple enough, just plant a flag on Mun, so you accept it. You build a fair-sized Mun rocket and land.

That's when KSP crashes.

You restart KSP to discover that your ship is now called "enemy ship." You cannot go to it in order to view it. You generally freak out, as you weren't expecting this to happen. Then you see an orbit line appear. It must be taking off. You wonder why.

Eventually "enemy ship" makes its way into LKO. You get another contract, this one called "Hullo." Its parameter is to dock with "enemy ship" and subsequently land its crew safely on Kerbin. You will get 666 reputation, but no other rewards. You do not wish to accept this contract. You attempt to leave mission control. A window appears telling you that you cannot do so until you accept this contract. You try to force quit KSP; upon restarting and opening your save you are put in mission control again. You have no choice but to accept.

After accepting, you discover that attempting to enter any other body's SOI - even Mun's and Minmus's - results in instant obliteration of your craft. "Complete 'Hullo'" is now a parameter for every other contract. There's clearly no choice other than to proceed. You do so. When you dock and transfer crew, you discover that your kerbals' heads have switched to Scott Manley's. After completing the contract, you hear Scott Manley saying "I actually wasn't expecting that to happen!" (Interstellar Quest ep. 56) followed by another crash.

You log on. KSC is now on Eve. You enter the tracking station and discover that Kerbin's texture is now Scott Manley's face.

Et cetera.

I can imagine the creepypasta.

Early career mode's going as expected. You've gotten Jeb into orbit, done a Mun flyby ... and then you look in the contract list and see one labeled "Scott." That's funny, you think, usually they're more descriptive descriptions, such as "test so-and-so in such-and-such a scenario." You can't decline it and it's simple enough, just plant a flag on Mun, so you accept it. You build a fair-sized Mun rocket and land.

That's when KSP crashes.

You restart KSP to discover that your ship is now called "enemy ship." You cannot go to it in order to view it. You generally freak out, as you weren't expecting this to happen. Then you see an orbit line appear. It must be taking off. You wonder why.

Eventually "enemy ship" makes its way into LKO. You get another contract, this one called "Hullo." Its parameter is to dock with "enemy ship" and subsequently land its crew safely on Kerbin. You will get 666 reputation, but no other rewards. You do not wish to accept this contract. You attempt to leave mission control. A window appears telling you that you cannot do so until you accept this contract. You try to force quit KSP; upon restarting and opening your save you are put in mission control again. You have no choice but to accept.

After accepting, you discover that attempting to enter any other body's SOI - even Mun's and Minmus's - results in instant obliteration of your craft. "Complete 'Hullo'" is now a parameter for every other contract. There's clearly no choice other than to proceed. You do so. When you dock and transfer crew, you discover that your kerbals' heads have switched to Scott Manley's. After completing the contract, you hear Scott Manley saying "I actually wasn't expecting that to happen!" (Interstellar Quest ep. 56) followed by another crash.

You log on. KSC is now on Eve. You enter the tracking station and discover that Kerbin's texture is now Scott Manley's face.

Et cetera.

And we've got an SCP for the 3000 series...

Now why on Earth would we......????? hmmm, OK, even the Bible has a comment, thou shalt not worship other Gods.....

Seriously.... liking the guy is one thing, and I do... and I'd even go so far as hate the wannabe impersonators out there that try to mimic his speech on their videos....

but this..... takes hero worship to levels bordering on stalking!!!!! :)

Seriously.... why?

Thanks, for the ....errrr..... effort.... and the ....ummmm... love.... you put into this, but I wish to remain sane and not be investigated by the Police based on a complaint Mr Manley may make in the future over this ...."mod"..... so I'll pass.

May the Gods have mercy upon your soul. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly Im trying to picture you describe orbital mechanics while looking at frankenmanley..... I dont think it would work out. I want to dl this head pack just so I can launch it into Kerbol. Ill have to revive my sundiver rocket for 1.0.4

Frankenmanley...... love it. We have a name for the Manley Zombie Head... :)

- - - Updated - - -

And also, this thread proves my point, my number one complaint about these forums, so some good did come of this.

My complaint is that people here, who I assume to be young, do not at least read the replies before posting. They read the OP, then reply... why, because they want people to read their replies while not bothering to bestow the same respect to what others have posted. Scott already replied on this thread, yet, people still say they want Scott to reply and they ...

(sigh).... never mind. I doubt it would do any good....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually, while this is Scott Manley's face, the description of the mod is deceptive. This isn't Scott Manley's face overlaid on a Kerbal. This is what all the Kerbals look like, underneath their lovable green exterior.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.