Stock Community Base 3.0

Err, shoot, didn\'t realize the timing would line up like this. I\'m going to be out of town until Sunday evening, so I might need to slide back a couple slots, depending on how fast people fly their turns. Sorry!

Will see how we go..

Radeon your go!

Sorry everyone, the roleplay forum has gotten 90% of my attention and when I attempted to channel a bit into this, it resulted in a crash landing. Unfortunately I will likely have little time to do anything within the next few days, so I\'d like to deregister. Thank you, and sorry again.

Sorry everyone, the roleplay forum has gotten 90% of my attention and when I attempted to channel a bit into this, it resulted in a crash landing. Unfortunately I will likely have little time to do anything within the next few days, so I\'d like to deregister. Thank you, and sorry again.

Not a problem,

Salda007 you are up!

Not a problem,

Salda007 you are up!

Awesome! I\'ll put some birds in the air when I get home tonight. I don\'t think the boss would appreciate me flinging little green men into the void on company time.

Well, that took a lot less time than I expected! First launch, right on up to Minmus with no fuss, dropped the Minar-1 within 35m of all three other ships in one try. Photos below.

screenshot51-1.png

Precision landing. No hopping, no rolling, just one small bounce (RCS is v. powerful on Minmus...).

screenshot52-1.png

There goes the neighborhood!

screenshot53-1.png

Here\'s where the party\'s at. Ain\'t no party like a Minmus party, \'cuz a Minmus party don\'t stop...until the consumables run out, of course.

Persistant.sfs attached. NEXT!

(Also, sign me up for another go. Maybe I\'ll shoot for Alt-KSC on this one...)

Okay, here we are.

Landed 300m away due to lag which plagued my flight, if anyone wants to move it please do so.

Plenty of fuel to go.

I want to register for another flight, this one to Alt-KSC.

Great fun!

The Double MiniMunshot has landed at the base on Minmus, with enough fuel to return to kerbin, and fly back to the Mun or Minmus, and go back to kerbin again.

There was some lag as I approached. What\'s the max craft allowed in one base?

Oh and also, book me for another flight please.

What does everyone thing about a limit?

I think a limit isn\'t needed, but if someone tries a landing at a base with lots of ships and finds the lag is too horrible, they should be allowed to change base targets and try again during that same turn.

Different computers have different limits that will allow some people to still land at crowded bases just fine, but at the same time people could land such high-part-count craft at a base that less capable computers would have problems after only two or three landings.

Sorry Tim_Barrett, I have knocked you down a spot and passed the torch to greghorst. If you get a post up before greghorst put his in, and he is happy to use it, that\'s good! otherwise please advise if you need to skip your round this time.

Hmm. My first flight to the Abandoned Launch facilty had way too rapid a descent and was completely destroyed; I should have aborted the landing and circled around but I thought I could pull it off. I\'ll try again when I have time tomorrow.

My second try ended much like my first one. The third try, I managed to land, but overshot the landing by about 3 km, and had to taxi back - I lost the landing leg I meant to use as a parking brake late in the landing, too.

Highlights of the flight and final shot showing the base:

The relatively narrow straits between the two continents

WlSDZ.jpg

Dropping the first set of drop tanks

GK1Mg.jpg

Within 'radar range' of the base

HrbLv.jpg

Barely clearing the mountains on the way in to land

s8U65.jpg

Landed but overshot, time to taxi back

TOFvO.jpg

The base layout - the first craft was completely invisible to me, so I switched to it to take the shot and decided to stay over 200m from it in case it was showing up as underground.

rZkbe.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.