Stock Community Base 3.0

Interesting name Radion, does it have a meaning or origin?

Not as far as I know. I like to play around with letter combinations and the suffix, -ron/-on. It makes for some cool-sounding names, in my opinion.

For example, a few things that I just made up -

Caberon

Lydeon

Pasteron

Xalneon

Vertigon

Zeneon

I\'d like to participate by sending a module to the Minmusan base. I\'d also like to propose a name for it -

Eceron Station

Thanks, I have added you to the list, and if no one drops out, you will be able to make a new base on your flight.

I\'d like to book a flight! Probably to Minmus; haven\'t been back out that way in a while.

Done, please keep an eye on the thread and advise ASAP when you have chosen a base to land on.

Apotheosist\'s Universal Lander has landed on Targuete! Legs are folded up due to the more-than usual fuel mass in the tanks causing them to be very temperamental, and randomly blowing up. I call it a Universal Lander as it has enough T/W and fuel to take off from kerbin. (It actually can do a single stage to the Mun due to the extremely unblanced engine, but decided not to do this so that I\'d be able to move the craft to other bases if I wish) I\'m not sure about the debris policy, I left a bit of junk in a 10k low orbit around the Mun. I expected all the pieces to stick together upon stage sep, so it would act as a nice orbital marker/space station type thing. Someone can remove the debris in the persistence file if they so wish, I do not know how to do that.

Oh, and also add me on to the list again please. I\'ll probably be landing on Minmus.

Oh, and also add me on to the list again please. I\'ll probably be landing on Minmus.

excellent, let us know when you have chose which base you will land at!

basbr you are up!

By the way, since i can\'t seem to land anything without mechjeb, can I put my lander into orbit so someone more experienced can land it at the base for me, or if you want I can leave it up as a relay satellite.

Thank you.

Im going to launch one of these 2 (or both). Neither have gear yet, these are the sattelite versions.

I will put gear on them if you want a lander.

hello

to celebrate the recent success of the SpaceX Dragon capsule

i present, the newest edision to base Targuete

the mun dragon, emergency return shuttle or ERS for short

ksp_by_bas126-d52md1t.png

it has enough fuel to go back home and land at the KSC

this is the base so far

ksp_by_bas126-d52me31.png

greghorst its your turn

here is the save file:http://www./?nobkwckqy2pl66d

I\'ll be busy most of the day, but I\'ll fly my turn in about 10 hours!

I\'ve been having some problems over on the Mod base with people who were completely new to the concept of these community bases we\'re doing, I\'ve updated the OP there to clearly lay out the goal of the thread and try to make the rules and how to request a flight more prominent.

If that turns out to be a really positive change I\'ll let you know, but for some reason you haven\'t been having those problems here - maybe because of the thread title, or maybe because the people who want to do everything all at once tend to be more interested in using mods Mechjeb is needed to do the kind of 'I\'m putting 10 craft up all at once' things that I see as against the spirit of this.

----

Flight completed! The Alien Invader has landed at the Targuete base. I left a little more space between it and the other craft than is really necessary, but I didn\'t want to scare them.

Shortly after launch:

sDdO3.jpg

first stage will burn up on re-entry...

DFLGh.png

While the rest gets ready for TMI burn!

kPjR1.png

Approaching Targuete base.

Z5rq0.jpg

The TMI stage was jettisoned after lining up for landing and crashed about 1 km west of the base, while the landing stage slowed to a hover and killed horizontal drift.

Uep80.jpg

Group photos after landing.

q1fUt.jpg

DYPOp.jpg

bHCdu.jpg

LauI8.png

I guess it\'s now sal_vager\'s turn! persistent.sfs attached.

Hi all.

I have landed on Minmus! :)

My Ice Dancer rover has driven up to the X10, it was pretty cool seeing that craft glimmering on the horizon as I approached, It dwarfs my little rover in size.

sjwt, I\'ll wait till after my holiday before requesting another flight.

DhG5M.jpg

Thanks Sal!

Checking the list, I\'ll send a message to \'sjwt\' and let him know its time to rock to Minimus, and name the base if you don\'t chose a Base name before I land!

I\'m pretty excited, this is my first Minimus flight!! I saved it for this.

Heads up Newt0570, its your go!

Please use the file posted in this post, as I am out for this turn, and probably a bit after.. RL and all.. I will still have time to keep up with the posts hear, but that\'s about it.

My supply mission is DONE :)

On the pad:

(this image accurately represents my frames per second)

screenshot67e.png

LIFTOFF!!!............?

screenshot63l.png

Separation of stage 1

screenshot71p.png

Separation of stage 2

screenshot74w.png

separation of stage 3 during TMI burn:

screenshot42g.png

final TMI burn -- happened to be a free return :)

screenshot43k.png

sadly targuete is about 1FPS when I get near, so the fuel I sent had to land about 2Km away:

screenshot51p.png

Touchdown! We havee landed at Targuete!!

screenshot53c.png

...only lost one landing leg! New record!!!

The command module split away without error and headed for minmus. I orbited west then started my transfer orbit by escaping the mun\'s SOI prograde to it\'s orbit.

screenshot54va.png

screenshot56l.png

Matched orbits with minmus... then waited.........

screenshot57i.png

screenshot58uj.png

Barely had to change orbit when entering Minmus\'s SOI

screenshot59x.png

screenshot60s.png

We have landed at Eceron Station on minmus!

(I decided to use Radeon\'s suggested name.)

current Minmus base:

screenshot61k.png

Radeon, You\'re up!

Err, shoot, didn\'t realize the timing would line up like this. I\'m going to be out of town until Sunday evening, so I might need to slide back a couple slots, depending on how fast people fly their turns. Sorry!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.