SCF Home base + 7/8/15 Spacecraft friday [Looking for you!]

Sorry guys, I'm going to be postponed for a few hours, family wants to go out to eat. I'll see if I can get it out by 7:00, but I can't make any promises.

EDIT: I suppose I had better at least give a quick status update to make up for being late.

I've got five potential selections so far, I would really like more, so if you know of a thread I probably missed (Maybe something that was posted on Sunday/Monday and is way down at the bottom of the page) be sure to send me the link to it so I can check it out. If I can get more, I'm going to list the top five craft, as well as two honorable mentions. If I can't find any more candidates, I might have to pick a top three and two honorable mentions or just do a top five and forgo Honorable Mentions entirely. Another thing to know, I won't be listing two craft by the same builder in the top five/three list.

No rush.

Good luck BB coding. From one maintainer to the next :D

I have a template on the OP.

Soo, Thursday huh, just thnking about all the nice crafts I released or updated this week that no one commented on, the downloads are encouraging though. I hope we have a tester this week like Majorjim and I....just random thoughts ;)

Eep. I hope someone flies my X-37. And is a good pilot!

Yes, certainly.

Good. Just in case though, I guess I should go ahead and release its Hyperdrive Ring tomorrow, then hurry up and get the U-Boat out. After that, I guess I'll try and get the Walrus​ working. Wow, I've got a lot of unfinished projects.

I haven't released anything this week as I'm trying to evolve a simple Minmus base station design to its limits. We might get a knockoff of a well known sci fi ship for training and atmospheric research use... if I get it to work.

It's kind of crazy trying to adapt a microgravity ship to atmospheric use lol.

I'm about to try flying it. Can't promise I'm a good pilot though. (Actually, I may be good enough to land it well. Just not in any place I want to land it).

Awesome! It shouldn't be too much of a challenge if you fly a lot. The Cargo door docking is tricky though.

Awesome! It shouldn't be too much of a challenge if you fly a lot. The Cargo door docking is tricky though.

I tend to fly a lot of things in Kerbin's atmosphere which are designed to not be tricky to fly. I haven't gone to space in a long time, and it really showed there. Tried to turn too much at the beginning, had to emergency decouple the space-plane. Decided to burn all the fuel as quickly as I could. Pseudo-crash landed; as in there were explosions but the craft was mostly intact. I might try again.

Also, can I shamelessly suggest my boat and my car-thing which looks like a boat for the next spacecraft friday.

Edited by Noname117

I tend to fly a lot of things in Kerbin's atmosphere which are designed to not be tricky to fly. I haven't gone to space in a long time, and it really showed there. Tried to turn too much at the beginning, had to emergency decouple the space-plane. Decided to burn all the fuel as quickly as I could. Pseudo-crash landed; as in there were explosions but the craft was mostly intact. I might try again.

Also, can I shamelessly suggest my boat and my car-thing which looks like a boat for the next spacecraft friday.

Yeah do keep trying man. Just remember to not turn too early and not too fast! Maybe see if mech Jeb will put it into orbit for you. Then you can focus on the docking and landing.

I find the rocket a joy to fly, but if you haven't been into space for a while it may be tricky.

From observation it seems the testers' schedules are quite packed with awesome craft this week; I'll delay my craft release until next week (or can missed crafts make a guest appearance at the next SF?)

The only eligibility criteria is that it was released or commented on (no bumping) in that week, after that it is all the subjective view of that weeks maintainer. People keep thinking they need to submit their craft and some expect a mention, but because it is completely subjective they are sometimes dissapointed.

Nothing wrong with a bit of promoting though ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.