SCF Home base + 7/8/15 Spacecraft friday [Looking for you!]

Just now, Rune said:

I'd imagine you search new topics on the spacecraft exchange, then order by date of creation. That would make you miss anything posted in a repository, though, so keep an eye for those.

Rune. Not that I have just released anything... ;)

You're going to make me test an SSTO aren't you.. :D

4 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

You're going to make me test an SSTO aren't you.. :D

Sure I am! :P

But don't be afraid: the flight manual is included in my stuff lately, and it could be boiled down to "put it as shallow as you can after takeoff, and then don't do anything until the air runs out".

Rune. Rocket launches have more stuff that can go wrong!

Just now, Rune said:

Sure I am! :P

But don't be afraid: the flight manual is included in my stuff lately, and it could be boiled down to "put it as shallow as you can after takeoff, and then don't do anything until the air runs out".

Rune. Rocket launches have more stuff that can go wrong!

I'm sure I could fly it by following instructions. Please don't feel bad if I don't include it though. I highly doubt your SSTOs need my seal of approval!

I might have two categories for my turn. Not sure. Wait and see!

Just now, Majorjim said:

I'm sure I could fly it by following instructions. Please don't feel bad if I don't include it though. I highly doubt your SSTOs need my seal of approval!

I might have two categories for my turn. Not sure. Wait and see!

Of course! Pick whomever you think could use it (and deserves it). I honestly just wanted to point out how I would go about the search, and then you gave me a good pun to follow. As I said, don't forget to check the usual repositories with new posts if you find the time. I think I saw the one for KMU's resurface a little while ago...

Rune. I'm a sucker for those.

Just now, Rune said:

Of course! Pick whomever you think could use it (and deserves it). I honestly just wanted to point out how I would go about the search, and then you gave me a good pun to follow. As I said, don't forget to check the usual repositories with new posts if you find the time. I think I saw the one for KMU's resurface a little while ago...

Rune. I'm a sucker for those.

What is a resurface? I have a feeling my entire friday could be swallowed by testing.. I may not be able to test everything as I will have about 2 hours for this.

45 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

Can someone give me detiled instructions how to search the SCE for posts from one week back?

It seems to want a search term with negates the whole point of my search..

You can use the activity streams. Click on "My Activity Streams" in the Activity drop down then create a new stream. In the settings under Content Type click Topics click the settings button next to Topics and narrow by the Spacecraft Exchange. 

Then under Time Period select Specified Number of Days. 

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

59 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

What is a resurface? I have a feeling my entire friday could be swallowed by testing.. I may not be able to test everything as I will have about 2 hours for this.

Oh, I mean "resurface" as in "return to the first page because someone posted in it". And yeah, SCF can take a looong time to make. I'll make sure to rep yours for your troubles! At most what I can suggest is to only test the finalists, and if they disappoint, then go for the one whose looks didn't convince you 100%. With such a long time in the forums, I'm pretty confident you can glean a lot of info from a screenshot, to create a temporal "worth a second look" pool that you can look at later in depth.

Rune. The things we do for fun, right? ;)

Just now, Rune said:

Oh, I mean "resurface" as in "return to the first page because someone posted in it". And yeah, SCF can take a looong time to make. I'll make sure to rep yours for your troubles! At most what I can suggest is to only test the finalists, and if they disappoint, then go for the one whose looks didn't convince you 100%. With such a long time in the forums, I'm pretty confident you can glean a lot of info from a screenshot, to create a temporal "worth a second look" pool that you can look at later in depth.

Rune. The things we do for fun, right? ;)

Hmm yeah. I don't think I want to have any kind of finishing place among those chosen. I think I will break it up into categories.

Just now, selfish_meme said:

So does that mean you are starting now? Or have we got 24 hours for new submissions?

I cannot devote more than two hours to this, so will start looking tomorrow, UK time around 3-4pm. I wont be able to test everything but I will test a few of them.

I've got something really big. Literally. And it will be coming out this week. Hint: It is a mega-truck.

But for it's actual purpose and design I don't think anyone else has ever made before. And is unlike any other I have made in several ways. Hype!

9 hours ago, Jon144 said:

I've got something really big. Literally. And it will be coming out this week. Hint: It is a mega-truck.

But for it's actual purpose and design I don't think anyone else has ever made before. And is unlike any other I have made in several ways. Hype!

Did you post it to reddit under a different name?

Just now, Jon144 said:

No. I don't really go on KSP reddit. Did somebody re-post one of mine? I'm still fine tuning it before releasing it.

I dont think so, I just saw something on there that matched your description. I look forward to seeing what it is!

And what happened to SCF??

2 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

I dont think so, I just saw something on there that matched your description. I look forward to seeing what it is!

And what happened to SCF??

I thought that if I posted here somebody might answer that. It seems so much more random and periodic. Not every week. Not every Friday.

Anyways here is a preview.

atMQHx4.png

1 hour ago, Jon144 said:

I thought that if I posted here somebody might answer that. It seems so much more random and periodic. Not every week. Not every Friday.

Anyways here is a preview.

Hydraulic Lift Cylinders!!! Love it!!

Edited by castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.