[1.05] KerbolBattles Parts Pack [1/2/16]

SuicidalInsanity

@Spork of Doom; Side attach nodes for the cockpit and TIE wing pylons are easy enough.

@m4ti140; I can tweak the TIE wing panels to have better passive heat radiance. Looking at the configs, stock static radiators and solar panels don't have a radiator module - its all done via a part's EmissiveConstant and HeatConductivity settings.

What about this electrical generation somebody talked about? I had the same problem and turned the ship prior to takeoff to solve it but, in flight, when I turned the sides away from sunlight (during a simple turn), EC levels dropped too much and the engine turned off...

What about this electrical generation somebody talked about? I had the same problem and turned the ship prior to takeoff to solve it but, in flight, when I turned the sides away from sunlight (during a simple turn), EC levels dropped too much and the engine turned off...

Yea I also had that problem, but its easy to fix. I simply put this into the Command Pod to simulate a energy reactor of some kind in order to help provide energy to the engines when there is no direct sunlight going to the panels.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleGenerator
isAlwaysActive = true
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 10
}

@Kerbinidiel; I see the problem - it was a screw-up on my part; a fix (version 1.1.7) has been uploaded to correct this.

@jlcarneiro; The solar panels included have up to 50 eC/s collection rate. Re: running out of power - the example ships provided were quickly thrown together and demonstrate the inherent problem of having an ion powered craft that lacks batteries. As part of the ver 1.1.7 hotfix, I reworked the example ships, so they have decent battery capacity now.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

There's a little mistake in the last version's engine cfg. The sound and emissive reference their files as "StarWarsPartsPack/...". Nothing serious, of course, and can be easily fixed by just opening the cfg. :)

Is there a possibility that a gimbal module was added to the engine's maneuvering jets to make the craft more nimble? It would also make the engine closer to canon. :cool:

@CptRichardson; After fooling around with making ion powered planes for a bit, I would be surprised if they couldn't.

j2zgyDL.png?1

@DownHereInChile; Oops, my bad, thanks for pointing it out, its been fixed. As for gimbal, yeah, some gimballing could be added to the engine.

@amankd; Not really, but thanks for the offer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's coming along, but much more slowly than i would like - the consequences of limited time and motivation - I'll make an effort to wrap up what I have and get something posted before the end of the year. I haven't seen the new movie yet, so for now the pack will be just original movie stuff.

On 12/26/2015 at 7:59 AM, SuicidalInsanity said:

It's coming along, but much more slowly than i would like - the consequences of limited time and motivation - I'll make an effort to wrap up what I have and get something posted before the end of the year. I haven't seen the new movie yet, so for now the pack will be just original movie stuff.

I've just seen this mod, and I want to say that it looks brilliant.

I recommend seeing The Force Awakens.

Also, there are probably hundreds of people who aren't posting cheer you on, so don't feel a lack of motivation.

I know I'm cheering you on.

Keep going, and may the force modding be with you.

It doesn't add as much as I would have originally liked, and is IMO not really ready for release - the new cockpits still need even rudimentary IVAs, and I didn't manage to get the X-Wing or Shuttle parts done (something to look forward to for KSP 1.1) - but since I said I would get something posted by year's end, here is KBPP Version 1.2 for KSP 1.05.

Changelog:

Spoiler

version 1.2
============================
-updated for KSP 1.05
-new part: Falcon cockpit
-new part: Y-Wing cockpit
-New part: Y-Wing radial engine mount
-new part: A-wing cockpit
-new part; A-wing bicoupler
-New part: A-Wing Engine

13 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

It doesn't add as much as I would have originally liked, and is IMO not really ready for release - the new cockpits still need even rudimentary IVAs, and I didn't manage to get the X-Wing or Shuttle parts done (something to look forward to for KSP 1.1) - but since I said I would get something posted by year's end, here is KBPP Version 1.2 for KSP 1.05.

Changelog:

Hide contents

version 1.2
============================
-updated for KSP 1.05
-new part: Falcon cockpit
-new part: Y-Wing cockpit
-New part: Y-Wing radial engine mount
-new part: A-wing cockpit
-new part; A-wing bicoupler
-New part: A-Wing Engine

You added some Y-wing parts. I made a Y-wing. It shoots stuff (even stuff behind it). Also bombs stuff. Also shoots rockets at stuff. It also flys like a pig. So pretty much exactly like the actual Y-wing. My favourite fighter, now in KSP. (If the album doesnt have 6 pictures here on the forums, click through to see the last two).