[1.2] Karibou Expedition Rover [0.3.0]

RoverDude

On 6/10/2016 at 0:37 AM, Kerbinidiel said:

i got another problem... with karibou wheels

i can deploy them and retract them... but when i try again they stack in deployed mode or in retracted...

the interface say to me the wheels are "deploying" or "retracting" and i cant do nothing...

Just wanted to say: I've seen some intermittent instances of similar behavior on my own install.  The wheels did work while 'deploying', and if I left it alone they suddenly decided to complete their deployment/retraction.  In my case the ship in question has a lot of things operating near the wheels, one wheel attached via KIS, and multiple other large ships within physics range.  I figured it was just an interaction with everything else, and was a temporary game-state problem instead of something more systematic.

• 2 weeks later...

0.2.4 - (KSP 1.1.3)
------------------
Updates for KSP 1.1.3
Normalized empty tank costs (thanks rulib!)
Karibou Passenger Cab (thanks DanStaal!)
Remote Tech support for the radial probe (thanks vranir!)
Fixed the Karibou wheel to be a bit more reliable 

Just a quick question- how do you make the Karibou's wheels retract?

(Mostly because I cannot get them to work. Re-downloading to see if that fixes it.)
(I know this has been asked before... Just asking if there is a known fix. I will trawl the thread to see if there is a known issue.)

Edited by Mekan1k

On June 21, 2016 at 3:49 PM, RoverDude said:

0.2.4 - (KSP 1.1.3)
------------------
Updates for KSP 1.1.3
Normalized empty tank costs (thanks rulib!)
Karibou Passenger Cab (thanks DanStaal!)
Remote Tech support for the radial probe (thanks vranir!)
Fixed the Karibou wheel to be a bit more reliable 

As always great work on your whole suite of mods. 

So I went to start updating usi mods. This mods link on git hub wants to download a file called

%2fs3%2faws4_request&x-Amz-date=20160623t034734z&x-amz-expires=300&x-amz-signature=f

That is the file name I would be saving, note it doesn't even have a file extension and doesn't show as a zip either.  this is not the usual file I am used to downloading with your mods, it's usually named like the mod is and a zip extension.

Mks download from github gives a similar thing as well. So does karbonite.

has something been corrupted or what? It just not the file name I'm expecting to see. 

Edited by Hevak

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Just went to the release section, works fine for me?

Well that is weird. I swear I'm not crazy lol. I just went to it now and it's working. 

So I don't know what that was about. I did the usual link from the mks page and then clicked latest release I got the weird thing I posted before.  

Anyways seems to be working on my end now so who knows lol.  Thanks for responding

On 6/22/2016 at 5:49 PM, Mekan1k said:

Just a quick question- how do you make the Karibou's wheels retract?

(Mostly because I cannot get them to work. Re-downloading to see if that fixes it.)
(I know this has been asked before... Just asking if there is a known fix. I will trawl the thread to see if there is a known issue.)

I think it might be a bug i have the same issue since the update. I have a rover stuck on duna because of this now

1 minute ago, gamerscircle said:

I went through each mod that I was running in 1.1.2 and installed the 1.1.3 version and I was able to load in my save everything looked good until I got to my Mun Base Launch Pad and saw this.

http://imgur.com/Hk5nIy1

When I scene changed to the location, the structures reared up like a horse and then eased back down. 

Yeah, mine does the same, but I haven't upgraded to 1.1.3 yet.

I'm having two issues with the latest release.
1. The stack nodes for the wheels are ridiculously difficult to attatch the wheels to.

2. The wheels don't extend or retract, inside or outside of the VAB.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some secret method I'm missing?

2 hours ago, Draconomial said:

I'm having two issues with the latest release.
1. The stack nodes for the wheels are ridiculously difficult to attatch the wheels to.

2. The wheels don't extend or retract, inside or outside of the VAB.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some secret method I'm missing?

Hi,

I have the same issues.

Clean install KSP 1.1.3, only karibou mod installed.

Thanks.

Is there any workaround for the wheels node issue? I have two very useful Karibous in my Kerbin system and wouldn't want to see them rendered useless. Currently I'm retaining my 1.1.2 installation until this issue is resolved.

Some ideas for workarounds - please comment or extend:

• Remove the wheels via KAS before updating, re-attach them to the new node after update.
  • Maybe it is possible to edit the SFS file to change the wheel to the "new" attachment node?

Edit: I resolved it by reattaching the wheels via KAS. It was not easy to control the Karibou as it jumped up, but kind of fun...

Edited by Maestro22
Found my workaround

On 6/25/2016 at 5:02 AM, Maestro22 said:

Is there any workaround for the wheels node issue? I have two very useful Karibous in my Kerbin system and wouldn't want to see them rendered useless. Currently I'm retaining my 1.1.2 installation until this issue is resolved.

Some ideas for workarounds - please comment or extend:

• Remove the wheels via KAS before updating, re-attach them to the new node after update.
  • Maybe it is possible to edit the SFS file to change the wheel to the "new" attachment node?

The nodes are only necessary for symmetry, really. Not a huge deal, in most cases.

The real issue is retraction! Mnyah!

On 24.6.2016 at 6:39 AM, gamerscircle said:

I went through each mod that I was running in 1.1.2 and installed the 1.1.3 version and I was able to load in my save everything looked good until I got to my Mun Base Launch Pad and saw this.

http://imgur.com/Hk5nIy1

When I scene changed to the location, the structures reared up like a horse and then eased back down. 

I have the exact same problem. I do have troubles with the fix, however. Maybe this is a KAS issue, but *some* wheels can be detached, but not attached. I find this rather strange, because it works for 5 out of 8 wheels, but not for the three others.

When I grab the wheel and try to attach it (press X), I get the NOPE-sound and a message that reads:

Cannot attach: Attach function is not supported on this part

For the life of me, I cannot tell the difference between those. Does anyone have any ideas?

Additional info: When I detach the wheels first, then EVERY wheel says "cannot attach" .

Edited by Kobymaru

On 30.6.2016 at 8:39 PM, Kobymaru said:

When I grab the wheel and try to attach it (press X), I get the NOPE-sound and a message that reads:

Cannot attach: Attach function is not supported on this part

I at least found a workaround for the attachment issue:

It requires a KIS container of sufficient size (at least 5700 units). You can put the wheels inside, and when you take them out again, they are good as new and attachable again. Strange bug.

The wheels are impossible to attach. I tried in every possible way I could think off. Pressing the ALT key disables the symmetry mode, and if I miraculously attach a wheel on the left side (turned 90 degree, go figure...), there is no way to attach the wheel on the right side. So I end up having wheels on the left side, and no way to attach wheels on the right side.

I give up.

I love KSP but it's so frustrating to play with at times. Why it's so?

Can you post a version of the buggy wheel that doesn't have the KAS or KIS code? Or tell us what to delete? I would like to see the wheels retract and extend properly.

Oh, and if possible is there a version of the containers that holds stock resources instead of the custom ones? Maybe an altered CFG file for stock Ore and such- or a Near-future version? Possibly a Simple Construction version?

Edited by Mekan1k
More to list

1 hour ago, Mekan1k said:

Can you post a version of the buggy wheel that doesn't have the KAS or KIS code? Or tell us what to delete? I would like to see the wheels retract and extend properly.

Oh, and if possible is there a version of the containers that holds stock resources instead of the custom ones? Maybe an altered CFG file for stock Ore and such- or a Near-future version? Possibly a Simple Construction version?

So the wheels don't contain any KIS/KAS code so not sure where that would fix the extending/retracting.

The containers already hold stock resources (LFO, Monoprop, Ore).  For the others as Roverdude will say, he takes pull requests.

2 hours ago, carlorizzante said:

The wheels are impossible to attach. I tried in every possible way I could think off. Pressing the ALT key disables the symmetry mode, and if I miraculously attach a wheel on the left side (turned 90 degree, go figure...), there is no way to attach the wheel on the right side. So I end up having wheels on the left side, and no way to attach wheels on the right side.

I give up.

I love KSP but it's so frustrating to play with at times. Why it's so?

Just rotate... use your ALT key... node attach.  Once for each wheel.  Done.

17 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Just rotate... use your ALT key... node attach.  Once for each wheel.  Done.

Ok, so there is a way?

Which direction should I rotate, please? Because I've tried that, and it didn't seem to matter much.

I'll try again later this evening.

ps. Does the ALT key work also on Mac?

EDIT: Ok, I managed. Thanks :)

Edited by carlorizzante