What kind of music do you listen to?

MacGamer04

Cool, it's always good to meet another drum 'n bass head.

I love neurofunk and darkwave too, that's what got me into drum and bass, all those bands and Teebee especially.

like you I like a broad range of electronic music but drum and bass is close to my heart :)

Teebee is awesome, yeah :D I've got my own mix series that I've put up on Soundcloud, you might like it :)

https://soundcloud.com/faestos/rings-of-saturn-006-moon-three-tethys

Oh music. It began as a family affair for me.

My parents were involved in a local prog rock band in the 70s and early 80s. So I grew up to the tunes of Pink Floyd, Uriah Heep, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin.

Then a goth uncle who shared his passion and curiosity for music with the rest of the family. He started feeding me with Current 93, Cindytalk, Laurie Anderson and innumerable beautiful oddities before my tenth birthday.

Today, I listen to many genres. No restriction, I just love music.I listen to

Spoiler

, original and

90s electronica,

, bouncy

/electro/

and

&

&

(lol),

, that ephemeral (ain't it dead yet?) and funnily-named

genre, catchy

tunes,

, a lot of other things that

, and spend hours relaxing to the sound of a

or

I try to make it a

Edited by Val
Put video links in spoiler tag

I mainly listen to guitar-driven classic/hard rock, plus current Top 40 pop. Through the magic of the internet, I listen to UK Top 40 as much as US (there's about a 50% overlap, but some differences). A guilty pleasure of mine is K-Pop, which makes for eclectic playlists: Guns 'n Roses, followed by White Stripes, followed by... 2NE1?

• 8 months later...

Typically I am a fan of Progressive and Psychedelic Rock, but also I appreciate: Jazz, Folk, Reggae, World (Especially  Celtic), New Age, Orchestral, (Baroque, Classical and Romantic) and Early Music (Music from the Renaissance.)

My musical tastes are constantly changing. About a year ago I was listening to the Beatles and classical music (primarily Toscanini orchestral pieces, with some chamber music and piano mixed in). Then my family got Pandora, which has led me in varied directions. 

(Primarily instrumental) EDM (some Daft Punk, Digitalism, etc.) electro-swing (Caravan Palace and Parov Stelar), Ratatat (you should go listen), The Beatles, Pink Floyd, some Led Zeppelin, Kongos, Nirvana, some Green Day (American Idiot), some Beck, Franz Ferdinand, some of The Strokes, The Black Keys, Smashing Pumpkins, probably more I can't remember right now. 

Whatever music is in the YouTube videos and Animes I watch :D

To be moar specific, Anime openings that I like.

(Both the Noragami openings, the first Steins;Gate opening, both the Future Diary openings, the No Game No Life opening, the first Attack on Titan opening, that's all I can think of ATM, I've watched all of those at least 12 times, not the Animes, the openings).

I'll listen to most anything.

My passion, however, is for early industrial music - Throbbing Gristle, Coil, Einsturzende Neubauten, etc.  I'm particularly proud of my collection of Coil stuff, as most of it is out of print these days.  Beyond that,I tend to prefer the standard 90's-era Industrial rock - Pigface, Ministry (up to about when Barker left and they pretty much went straight metal), KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, Pop Will Eat Itself, NIN etc, and then the usual EBM fair - Front 242, DAF, VNV Nation etc.

Edited by pxi

since the death of lemmy, it was starting to depress me that there would never be any more motorhead. ive been looking for another long running metal band to get into. you cant replace the irreplaceable but you can supplement it with something equally legendary. after trying to get into iron maiden and failing miserably (lacks aggression), i started thumbing through the judas priest discog. i think i struck paydirt. i found something on almost every album worth listening too.

There is very little in music that i actively avoid listening to. Classical, folk, country, contemporary christian, classic rock, punk, metal, sure, I'll listen.

But I've got a soft spot for...funk. Lakeside? Commodores? Parliament? Jaaaaames Brooooown? Yes, please. If you're listening, @danRosas, a psychedelic music video of Kerbals all over KSC dancing and singing to Ride O' Rocket by the Brothers Johnson would make an excellent video.

16 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Guys, this thread is starting to slow page loading down. Maybe don't list every song you like, please? :D

Huh? There's not even that many embedded vid--*opens spoiler above* Oooooh. Yes, that might be good. Though not as bad as the Don't Taunt the Magic Boulder for me on mobile. I think I quoted someone who had written that one really big protein or something and now I can't even open the text editor anymore. Any way to clear the saved draft?

Edited by cubinator
it's on mobile only.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.