[1.0.4] Arkas 0.2.1 - A Thick Atmosphere on a Desert World - 17 Unique Biomes - Cloud Support Added!

CoriW

1 hour ago, Eskandare said:

I'm in the process of making artifacts and discoverable anomalies for other planets as part of my Top Secret! mod. Currently, stock, OPM, and Arkas are on my list. PM me if you want anything specific.

I've taken over development in absence of @CoriW, placeholder thread can be found here:

Perhaps it'd be a good idea to communicate with me when you add discoverable anomalies, it'd be a shame if I ended up adding something incompatible with your 'anomalies mod'. Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea, but the plan just has to be set in motion carefully. So could you PM me how exactly you were planning to add these anomalies? Because then I can keep compatibility in mind, or even help out by adding PQSMods such as FlattenArea.

38 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Does the orbit of this planet interfere with any of those from OPM?  I'm wondering if I can just drop this into my gamedata directory and go to town (using 1.1 64x of course)

Nope! No conflicts, it's imbetween Moho and Eve, so you don't have to worry about it!

1 hour ago, jpinard said:

Ok I'm getting no weather whatsoever. Do I need to do something specials to get that nice thick atmosphere working?

if you are basing your comment on the KSC view only, that's a kopernicus bug that occurs when reparenting kerbin

if you launch a ship you'll see that everything is fine :wink:

sorry I thought I was on another thread :blush:

Edited by Sigma88

35 minutes ago, jpinard said:

Ok I'm getting no weather whatsoever. Do I need to do something specials to get that nice thick atmosphere working?

What do you mean? Do you mean the clouds? For that you need Environmental Visual Enhancements.

Furthermore, this thread is outdated. Please download the updated version here:

• 2 months later...

how do i get the clouds working? I am really liking this planet pack but the clouds just don't seem to be happening! i have stock visual enhancements installed, does that make a difference? if anyone knows how to get the clouds working please tell me :D

13 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

how do i get the clouds working? I am really liking this planet pack but the clouds just don't seem to be happening! i have stock visual enhancements installed, does that make a difference? if anyone knows how to get the clouds working please tell me :D

Check out the dev thread at the top of the page. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been trying to get Arkas to work in 1.2.2. I can get the planet to show up and it appears to work, BUT whenever Arkas is installed my Environmental Visual Enhancements stop working completely (no clouds, etc.) I've tried installing Arkas a few ways (with different texture packs, with and without the EVE sand storm files). Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Edit: Just to be clear, I am using the dev version).

Edited by Swedishish

27 minutes ago, Swedishish said:

I've been trying to get Arkas to work in 1.2.2. I can get the planet to show up and it appears to work, BUT whenever Arkas is installed my Environmental Visual Enhancements stop working completely (no clouds, etc.) I've tried installing Arkas a few ways (with different texture packs, with and without the EVE sand storm files). Any help would be greatly appreciated! (Edit: Just to be clear, I am using the dev version).

Dude, check here.

Edit: *checks in the DevEdition thread* oh. Something tells me you already know. :D

Edited by The White Guardian

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.