Space Shuttle [SSP] for KSP

Mike-NZ

to make things a bit more efficient, I can re-organize the folder/file structure but this will mean running everything through unity again as thexture names will need to be changed, so they don't overwrite eachother in the same folder. this is the main reason I have not done it yet.

cockpit files are about 45mb, shuttle stuff is about 60mb without cockpit

sounds is 13mb

extra textures is about 19mb

canadarm is 2mb

crawler is 40mb

modules 30mb

so you can see what can be removed to save space.

BUT ksp 1.1 you wont have to worry about this right?

Mike, please empty your inbox if you have a chance. Thanks!

Also, to be on topic, I think any removal of bloat is a good thing. If you have a chance, of course, I'd be someone who would appreciate making the SSP more space-efficient.

Mike, I want to throw in a request. There are some that like Stock scale, there are some that like Real Scale, but there are some who like the middle, and so they resort to the middle. 6.4 size KSP might the Unreal patch be suited to a 6.4x size KSP instead of a cheat?

Mike, I want to throw in a request. There are some that like Stock scale, there are some that like Real Scale, but there are some who like the middle, and so they resort to the middle. 6.4 size KSP might the Unreal patch be suited to a 6.4x size KSP instead of a cheat?

yip ok. can make a patch for that. it doesn't use real fuels or FAR does it? need to know what to include

- - - Updated - - -

so just scale everything by 6.4x right?

6.4k does not need FAR or RF so you are good on that. However people might play with FAR on 6.4K so to have an option for those guys that do would be welcomed :)

As for the reentry, I can say for the most part the vehicle can survive, there are two problems that still linger, one is that front landing gear hasn't got the buffed up heating so it explodes at about 100,000m, but that can fixed pretty fast. The other problem is that the cargo bay doesn't shield the cargo on reentry, causing payload and docking adapters to explode because of overheating. I have three reason why that might be, could be a improper number somewhere that allows heat to pass through, it might be because KSP doesn't see the shuttle as explicit as a cargo hold, over it could be the heating system in KSP in general (though I have Real Heat).

Funnily enough those explosions caused Columbia to land in the Gulf of Mexico, though she survived a nice watery landing, yep she ain't coming back.

Cwz1Yiq.png

eTsdIB7.png

(Pls put the picture above on the FP... :) need some humor there)

I will post this on the official bug tracking for the mod.

Hmmm from what I have seen and what other configs are doing, is disable and remove shielded cargobays with FAR.

Real heat... I havent worked with this...

I take it the new patch improved atleast some things?

- - - Updated - - -

Will check and update

Half way through low end user pack. Will need to update the current version also.

No texture doubles for both

No cockpit or iva

No extras

- - - Updated - - -

For the new shuttle I wont be making a lo res pack tho. It is meant to be high res.

Mike-NZ

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! NICE PATH!!! Thak you! It is my favorite ship!!!

Loot at that ^)

756d714c2088.jpg

And here landing on water :)))

9cfc3c0a5233.jpg

But, some bugs in my video. It is almost orbit. I AM DO NOT TOCH THE KEYBARD. Flight not stable :(((( Shuttle randomly moves...

<strong>

And here I cannot stabilize the shuttle using the keybard... Hi is rotaiting...

<strong>

And another important point : the nose landing gear overheats and explodes, when you enter in the atmosphere:(

And some qustion: How I can land at airport? I have only OSM engines. They are not sufficient for the flight in the atmosphere.....

Edited by Irenicus

Mike-NZ

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! NICE PATH!!! Thak you! It is my favorite ship!!!

Loot at that ^)

http://s013.radikal.ru/i324/1510/97/756d714c2088.jpg

And here landing on water :)))

http://s019.radikal.ru/i618/1510/f6/9cfc3c0a5233.jpg

But, some bugs in my video. It is almost orbit. I AM DO NOT TOCH THE KEYBARD. Flight not stable :(((( Shuttle randomly moves...

<strong>

And here I cannot stabilize the shuttle using the keybard... Hi is rotaiting...

<strong>

And some qustion: How I can land at airport? I have only OSM engines. They are not sufficient for the flight in the atmosphere.....

Shuttle is a,glider on return

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.