[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, sp1989 said:

Could you add a fuel cell to the Vinci service module? I hate putting solar panels on it for longer duration missions. 

You should probably ask Beale for one thing, plus you could just write the module into the config or put fuel cells into the sm and turn them on via action groups.

1 hour ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

You should probably ask Beale for one thing, plus you could just write the module into the config or put fuel cells into the sm and turn them on via action groups.

I do that now. It just seems like it could be a good feature seeing that it is a Gemini analogue. 

3 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Amazing! as always, I have to ask: when can we see this being added into the mod? (I'm assuming a long time; H1 (I assumed, not knowing modelling myself) had modelling, particle effects, texturing and configurating; this would have to be animated and configged to have a mode switch)

A 'beta' of it (more of a proof of concept) is already available on the Github. I need to futz with the textures for both versions more.

3 hours ago, sp1989 said:

Could you add a fuel cell to the Vinci service module? I hate putting solar panels on it for longer duration missions. 

Already getting done. The Gemini stuff is the next thing I'm going to look at after I finish the Saturn 1 parts.

1 minute ago, Drakenex said:

I guess Saturn I is ready for it's photography session" right? Pls let me know so I can talk with the guys in charge :wink:

naw I have to finish the textures on all the parts involved. The bulk/important parts are done but a lot of areas are really rough still.

Okey Dokey! I'll hold the cameras, let me know if you need help with another launcher, I know you've called for it some days ago but I was a little busy then.

And wow RL-10B!! is the Delta IV family a taboo like Saturn used to be? or just never planned? (no mention on the road-map)

Cheers!

Okey Dokey! I'll hold the cameras, let me know if you need help with another launcher, I know you've called for it some days ago but I was a little busy then.

And wow RL-10B!! is the Delta IV family a taboo like Saturn used to be? or just never planned? (no mention on the road-map)

Cheers!

I think it's too modern, but then again, we do have Atlas V.

Cheers!

RL-10B is going in, @VenomousRequiem is doing Delta III which actually was intended to go with the Delta II parts but didn't get included due to time constraints. Delta IV is not planned.

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

RL-10B is going in, @VenomousRequiem is doing Delta III which actually was intended to go with the Delta II parts but didn't get included due to time constraints. Delta IV is not planned.

Got it! I guess I can make a Delta IV using Delta III upper stage. I know BDB is more vintage rocket focused, but I happen to work at a Satcom equipment provider for NASA and Boeing, so I'm very close to the ULA fleet :)

22 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I accidentally got distracted during the stream...

[RL-10 with blue stripe]

Guys he did the thing I suggested! I'm helping! Guys look at me I'm helping! :D

In all seriousness the bell extension looks great. I don't know if you've decided how to animate it already, but @Nertea made a 'Deployable Engines' plugin for just that purpose, worth looking into.

2 hours ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Guys he did the thing I suggested! I'm helping! Guys look at me I'm helping! :D

In all seriousness the bell extension looks great. I don't know if you've decided how to animate it already, but @Nertea made a 'Deployable Engines' plugin for just that purpose, worth looking into.

Way ahead of you :-)

1 hour ago, VenomousRequiem said:

@CobaltWolf Why don't we just go ahead and remove the blue stripe on the engine. :P

You're just mean. Nice engines btw.

I will be back at my grandparent's again this weekend. Since Unity 5 doesn't run on it, and I don't want to mess with my project files, I will be back to working on other projects while I'm away. I've been back a bit with the SEP bug, so keep an eye on that thread for some more screenshots of upcoming parts. Otherwise, stick around here since I'll probably bounce back to the probe parts - the work files for Saturn and Gemini/MOL are a little much for my laptop to handle.

Meanwhile, I'll try and get some more work on RL-10 done tonight. I need to redo the mechanism for the extension, as well as make the second variant. It looks like the larger one might move to a 1.875m profile, if no-one objects - it already won't fit doubled up on a Centaur mounting plate.

@CobaltWolf
I've been a KSP player for well over 3 years now, purchased the game 3 times and have used countless mods. I'm only deciding to use this mod now, (Must admit, I've stumbled upon it before - never used it till now) and I have to tell you its AMAZING! It's become my replacement to KW Rocketry as an add-on parts pack. I'd like to advise you to maybe add some pics of the parts to the front page, I think had I seen some pics and known what to expect, I think I (and many more people) would've ended up using this mod a lot sooner! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you @CobaltWolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, ultraviolet150 said:

@CobaltWolf
I've been a KSP player for well over 3 years now, purchased the game 3 times and have used countless mods. I'm only deciding to use this mod now, (Must admit, I've stumbled upon it before - never used it till now) and I have to tell you its AMAZING! It's become my replacement to KW Rocketry as an add-on parts pack. I'd like to advise you to maybe add some pics of the parts to the front page, I think had I seen some pics and known what to expect, I think I (and many more people) would've ended up using this mod a lot sooner! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you @CobaltWolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget about @Jso and the rest of the team. :wink:

I swear there was pictures of all the parts in the OP before... Or am i thinking of another thread? 

2 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I swear there was pictures of all the parts in the OP before... Or am i thinking of another thread? 

Then a special thanks to everyone on the team! 
I didn't know there was an original thread before this; also not linked in the main age of this thread. I just wanted to say a big thanks to the team at Bluedog! <3

5 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I removed them due to inconsistency. If anyone wants to take screenshots (with a bunch of visual mods :wink: ) of all the launchers and other stuff, sort of like how Beale has in the Tantares OP, that'd be awesome. I'd love to do something like what Akron and Hoojiwana have, with all their parts laid out in nice images, but that's a bit impractical right now haha.

Just now, Brainpop14 said:

Is it possible to remove parts from this mod that you don't want without breaking it? I only want the Delta II and the Transtage. If possible, can you tell me how to do that?

While I'm unsure why anyone would not want stuff from this mod, but you just delete the folders you don't want. I'm unsure what folder has Delta II (probably thor), but you should need that folder, the Titan folder, and the Shared folder.

1 hour ago, Brainpop14 said:

Is it possible to remove parts from this mod that you don't want without breaking it? I only want the Delta II and the Transtage. If possible, can you tell me how to do that?

yes, delete all the parts folders other than the ones you want. Delta II is in, surprise, Delta. And Transtage is in Titan. If you'd like to further prune out the Titan folder (its fairly well populated) let me know.

2 minutes ago, MemeBeam said:

This mod should work fine with community tech tree right?

I don't see why not. It wont use any of the extra nodes but I don't think you need to do anything in order to 'work' with CTT.

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I removed them due to inconsistency. If anyone wants to take screenshots (with a bunch of visual mods :wink: ) of all the launchers and other stuff, sort of like how Beale has in the Tantares OP, that'd be awesome. I'd love to do something like what Akron and Hoojiwana have, with all their parts laid out in nice images, but that's a bit impractical right now haha.

I can help with that, I'll give it a go tonight if you want

I can help with that, I'll give it a go tonight if you want

sure! If you know where the latest manual update is ( look at @discoslelge's recent posts) then those are the crafts I'd follow. I have so many things I say I'm going to do but I very rarely get to them before something else comes up haha.