[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

24 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I think this thread is an exception to the no reaction images rule.

*cat snip*

I wouldn't push it, there might a daily quota.

Edited by akron

@CobaltWolf Just an FYI...PR issued for new science definitions I wrote for you on the Micrometeoroid Impact experiment and full definitions, including partial biome support, for the Quadropole Mass Spectrometer.  These have been fleshed out for the stock solar system so far and I'll consider adding more biome support and OPM support later.  I have already tested these in game too and they had no conflict or caused issues with : DMagic, Coatl, Squad, MKerb, BDB, Station Science, Nehemiah's Orbital Sciences or Universal Storage versions.

EDIT: Work still continues on the CTT patch but I'm at least up to assigning nodes finally...

Edited by rasta013

3 hours ago, rasta013 said:

@CobaltWolf Just an FYI...PR issued for new science definitions I wrote for you on the Micrometeoroid Impact experiment and full definitions, including partial biome support, for the Quadropole Mass Spectrometer.  These have been fleshed out for the stock solar system so far and I'll consider adding more biome support and OPM support later.  I have already tested these in game too and they had no conflict or caused issues with : DMagic, Coatl, Squad, MKerb, BDB, Station Science, Nehemiah's Orbital Sciences or Universal Storage versions.

EDIT: Work still continues on the CTT patch but I'm at least up to assigning nodes finally...

You beautiful human being.

EDIT: Just to hold y'all over, since its been p quiet here recently. What I call the Saturn-1A. Saturn 1 Block 2 (3?) with 4 of the S1B fins and a stretched S-IV.

eRiQDko.png

EDIT2: @Drakenex I forgot to credit you in the OP! One other request: Could the stage diameters of the rockets be listed?

Edited by CobaltWolf

I must say, I've been using this pack and I have to congratulate all of you on an astounding job. I have a sort of strange suggestion/request; I love using procedural fairings, yet I fail to always get a matching texture. Would it be possible to create a Procedural Fairing texture for BDB parts?

2 minutes ago, ultraviolet150 said:

I must say, I've been using this pack and I have to congratulate all of you on an astounding job. I have a sort of strange suggestion/request; I love using procedural fairings, yet I fail to always get a matching texture. Would it be possible to create a Procedural Fairing texture for BDB parts?

I thought we already had that..? @Jso?

Just now, ultraviolet150 said:

I'm talking specifically for ProceduralFairings (the mod). Not for the stock 'procedural' fairings.

Yeah, I know what you meant. I think it's linked in Jso's signature, actually. Look for one of his posts here on the thread. :P

It's a small mod that adds all of the fairing bases from BDB as PF bases and adds a few custom textures for PF, and you can switch them via Firespitter. 

1 minute ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Yeah, I know what you meant. I think it's linked in Jso's signature, actually. Look for one of his posts here on the thread. :P

It's a small mod that adds all of the fairing bases from BDB as PF bases and adds a few custom textures for PF, and you can switch them via Firespitter. 

Thats's exactly what I need! I'll look for it! Thanks!

Bleh. This continues to look awesome (Understatement!!!) Very good news on the whole, (but bad for me!) is that they seem to have figured out how to get 1.1.3 to not crash on my system. (And factorio goes to 0.13 tomorrow. And steam summer sale... Whelp! Back to the world of gaming for a while!)

Some day (one of these days) I'll get around to proper PParts and PFairings textures. Alternatively, any enterprising individuals can certainly attempt to kit bash ones from the existing textures. @Jso its time you learn GIMP haha. But anyone is free to make them - and I can answer any questions that may arise.

2 hours ago, komodo said:

Bleh. This continues to look awesome (Understatement!!!) Very good news on the whole, (but bad for me!) is that they seem to have figured out how to get 1.1.3 to not crash on my system. (And factorio goes to 0.13 tomorrow. And steam summer sale... Whelp! Back to the world of gaming for a while!)

Check out how Prometheus looks nowadays!

Anyways, sorry y'all for how quiet its been here. I've gotten some contract work with actual deadlines (wow!) but that means I have to put some serious time (read: Stream evenings) into it. Additionally, some other IRL stuff (don't want to talk about it) has sucked out a lot of my motivation to mod right now. Those of you that have me on steam will notice I've been playing Fallout 4 lately but that's honestly more of a symptom. I just have been too bummed out lately to sit down and work in my free time - and make no mistake, modding is indeed work. :wink: I'll try and resume work shortly, again, finishing Saturn 1 and Gemini is the top priority.

Take all the you time you need. That's my life as well, to some extent. Putting out fires until ones self is on fire (proverbially) tends to be draining :(

Looks good indeed! Even my potato laptop is holding up pretty well, and things are much more enjoyable sans crashes :)

I finally had time to work on stuff, I have had to work on my sister's grad party, attend it, and clean up after it during the last week. I pulled up Blender and continued my remodel #3, this time to scale. The windows are a compromise, since if I do them with 100% accuracy, it's edges galore and it looks bad. So they are like this, because I'm in charge of this. Yes, I have to do the rudders, but that's that. I tried to animate, didn't work, so I'll have to try again tomorrow. Yes, not much has happened, but I prefer to keep the hype train going, since it keeps me motivated.

I have a roadmap, it never gets updated, and it has tons of holes, but if you want to keep track with the nothings that happen, then have fun.

ZO3mYVK.png

Working on the craft files rework, I haven't had that much time, but I think the upper stages are done. Now the like 40 billion first stages.

Edit: I got the cargo bay door animated. It's easier when the object's center point is at the point of rotation.

Edited by Sgt.Shutesie

9 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

I finally had time to work on stuff, I have had to work on my sister's grad party, attend it, and clean up after it during the last week. I pulled up Blender and continued my remodel #3, this time to scale. The windows are a compromise, since if I do them with 100% accuracy, it's edges galore and it looks bad. So they are like this, because I'm in charge of this. Yes, I have to do the rudders, but that's that. I tried to animate, didn't work, so I'll have to try again tomorrow. Yes, not much has happened, but I prefer to keep the hype train going, since it keeps me motivated.

I have a roadmap, it never gets updated, and it has tons of holes, but if you want to keep track with the nothings that happen, then have fun.

*snip*

Working on the craft files rework, I haven't had that much time, but I think the upper stages are done. Now the like 40 billion first stages.

dnVlIiv.png

Here are some pretty pictures for you @CobaltWolf I think the 4th one is my favorite, maybe even front page worthy, you'll notice Tantares parts, so you probably wont use these, but the last picture is *also* my favorite, its a Zond-a-like with a Gemini docking port, your fabulous solar panels that look like Soyuz panels should, and finally the TMRO logo. Anyway I took a bunch of ingame footage, just trying to put it together for some sort of BDB showcase. Lots of video work right now so it may be a while. Anyway, Enjoy!

Edited by OTmikhail

19 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I've been playing Fallout 4 lately but that's honestly more of a symptom. 

Guilty of that symptom as well. Just got my gaming computer back and its: A.) Running KSP like a dream and B.) Summer sale=Fallout 4. :D

I finally got it. :D AND I'M HOOKED.