[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

Looking at it, the Saturn IB Is basically the Saturn I first stage (not actually the same, but close enough), and the S-IVB From the Saturn V, so I should be able to build one with those two

The Saturn Ib first stage and the Saturn I first stage are literally the same, and technically the Saturn V has the S-IVb from the Saturn Ib. :P

Edit: @CobaltWolf the Saturn V S-IVb had 3 of the ullage motors instead of 2, and it had 4 of the APS packs instead of 2 if IIRC. 

Edited by VenomousRequiem

16 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

The Saturn Ib first stage and the Saturn I first stage are literally the same, and technically the Saturn V has the S-IVb from the Saturn Ib. :P

Edit: @CobaltWolf the Saturn V S-IVb had 3 of the ullage motors instead of 2, and it had 4 of the APS packs instead of 2 if IIRC. 

There are actually 3 or 4 different variants of the S-I stage. When you're making massive rockets like that, the designers like to take time and fiddle with them. Same as how all the Shuttles were different. But functionally they are all the same.

@IronCretin Saturn was designed to be able to build rockets using stages as building blocks. When I'm done you'll have a whole bunch to mix and match from.

satc12c5.gif

Just now, IronCretin said:

Thank you so much for explaining that to me. All I really want is to launch my S-IVBs. That reminds me, will you be doing Skylab? BTW, I really love your mod. It's probably my favorite historical part pack.

Here, let me direct you to this.

4 hours ago, IronCretin said:

Thank you so much for explaining that to me. All I really want is to launch my S-IVBs. That reminds me, will you be doing Skylab? BTW, I really love your mod. It's probably my favorite historical part pack.

where can you point me to these S-IVBs?

4 hours ago, IronCretin said:

4 hours ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

Here, let me direct you to this.

^^^^ I mentioned the roadmap in the OP to you earlier. Skylab is on the To-Do. :)

18 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

where can you point me to these S-IVBs?

I really hope you're not talking about the S-IVbs in BDB.

Hey y'all! So right now it looks like we are go for stream tonight, some time between 6PM and 7PM Eastern. I'll be working on... stuff. I haven't fully decided yet, I might put it up to a vote. See you there!

50 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hey y'all! So right now it looks like we are go for stream tonight, some time between 6PM and 7PM Eastern. I'll be working on... stuff. I haven't fully decided yet, I might put it up to a vote. See you there!

I'll miss this one... work. Good luck! Pretty please, post screenshots of what you finish

Speaking of streams, I will be hanging out over at @akron's stream tonight. I have a bunch of busywork to get done, mostly polishing the MOS parts and getting proper descriptions, balancing etc done for them. He's planning on starting around 7 PM eastern (or about an hour and a half from this post), on his twitch channel, and I hope to see some peeps there!

21 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Speaking of streams, I will be hanging out over at @akron's stream tonight. I have a bunch of busywork to get done, mostly polishing the MOS parts and getting proper descriptions, balancing etc done for them. He's planning on starting around 7 PM eastern (or about an hour and a half from this post), on his twitch channel, and I hope to see some peeps there!

so i came back and found that you and sgt shutsie chatted in the stream chat, did i miss the stream? or has it not started yet and your just chatting in the stream chat, which i assume, because it hasnt been a hour since you posted, right?

I'm getting the hang of parking the Gusmobile. She handles like a dream, @CobaltWolf!

6kNGJOD.png?1

Here's a view from the command seat:

9dVVTrS.png

Before anyone has fits, that's the Gemini IVA (with MOARdV's embellishments) from the old FASA mod. It fits the Leo like a glove.

Just now, Jack Wolfe said:

Before anyone has fits, that's the Gemini IVA (with MOARdV's embellishments) from the old FASA mod. It fits the Leo like a glove.

Oh yeah? That's very interesting... I need to send some PMs...

32 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I'm getting the hang of parking the Gusmobile. She handles like a dream, @CobaltWolf!

6kNGJOD.png?1

Here's a view from the command seat:

9dVVTrS.png

Link to the relevant files? (preferably without the enhancements)

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

2 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Link to the relevant files? (preferably without the enhancements)

I got the IVA and props from an old KSP install (1.0.5), which had the last release of FASA. I'm sure you can find a download link in the release thread. I put the folder under the Bluedog_DB\Spaces folder, then adjusted the Leo's pod config to point at the transplanted IVA.

Pretty simple stuff. I'm not going into a detailed tutorial because a) I wanna get back to flying this baby, and b) it will get rendered obsolete by whatever wonderfulness CobaltWolf and crew decide on.