[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 minutes ago, fs10inator said:

Like more foreign launcher parts, for example?

T.T I have them listed as post-Saturn stretch goals. Specifically Japanese and Indian rockets.

Also, provided my roommates aren't trying to do something, I might try and stream a bit tonight. Depends on if I wind up working on anything interesting.

EDIT:

3 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Revamp the textures for Muo V ? :P

I might take care of it sooner rather than later. At least, touch them up and solve the scaling issues.

Edited by CobaltWolf

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I might try and stream a bit tonight. Depends on if I wind up working on anything interesting.

EDIT:

I might take care of it sooner rather than later. At least, touch them up and solve the scaling issues.

97685658_3d53cfde75_z.jpg?zz=1

What about maybe work on scientific parts or experiments ? :P (trying to help you to avoid Saturn)

On 4/6/2016 at 9:18 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Hey y'all! On the off chance that any of you were dying to try out the Agena docking port, I've pushed a dev build to GitHub. It includes the touched up Atlas, Mercury and Agena, includes the Agena Docking Port and Antenna, a couple new antennas as well as breaking all the old ones. It also includes @Beale's latest TRAILS beta, so that you can recreate a Gemini docking with an Agena Target Vehicle. It theoretically was all tested in 1.1. I need to know if people can reliably dock Gemini and Agena, and if the problems with the Mercury capsule throwing EVA kerbals around are fixed.

I'll dare a quote... Trying out the dev pack, and I notice a doubled/residual/missed LOantenna in the antennas folder (What an odd place for them... :) ) , and curiously the Mercury/Hermes pod has ablator added as well as a separate heat shield; I'm still waiting for the game to load, so I don't know if the heatshield has been whacked and just missed for removal, or what... we'll see in a few minutes :)

PREEDIT-EDIT: Game loaded, but RL stomped in. Testing pushed off until tomorrow. I'll try to get some configs/testing on the new antennas RE remotetech as well (Am I the only one who enjoys that mod here?), but I wanted to give a shout out about initial impressions.

Also, burns suck. You take care of you first!

9 hours ago, komodo said:

I'll dare a quote... Trying out the dev pack, and I notice a doubled/residual/missed LOantenna in the antennas folder (What an odd place for them... :) ) , and curiously the Mercury/Hermes pod has ablator added as well as a separate heat shield; I'm still waiting for the game to load, so I don't know if the heatshield has been whacked and just missed for removal, or what... we'll see in a few minutes :)

PREEDIT-EDIT: Game loaded, but RL stomped in. Testing pushed off until tomorrow. I'll try to get some configs/testing on the new antennas RE remotetech as well (Am I the only one who enjoys that mod here?), but I wanted to give a shout out about initial impressions.

Also, burns suck. You take care of you first!

I usually use Remotetech when I actually play. To answer your questions:

1) what? I think there was something weird but I just checked and everything looks good. Do you mean the dish?

2) The Mercury/Hermes had the heatshield merged to reduce part count. It turns out that you can just use the ablator slider to reduce the ablator payload to 0, which is the same as not having it on in the first place. The node positions haven't changed. The heatshield is still in, because after accidentally killing @OTmikhail's crafts I remembered that I'm supposed to avoid breaking saves.

My hands feel like crinkly paper still but they don't hurt very much at this point.

I am on call today I just got an assignment so no stream, but it is looking like I will have the afternoon to work I was working on KSP stuff. Right now I am adding the specular shaders to Titan and Thor, then I'm going to try and finish the antennas. I think I have two left to model (scimatar and dome), one to UV unwrap (Ranger / Mariner 2 omni) and one UV unwrapped and ready for texture (Mariner 4 omni). Like I said, those are just the ones that I really want to get done for this update as those are the ones that were already in the mod. Once I take care of those I'll go through my list of other things for the update, then I'll try and see if I can finish a couple more if @Beale is still adding doodads to TRAILS.

Speaking of which, if you missed last night's stream, I finished the new KD2 and F21 antennas, and launched a target vehicle and a Gemini on their respective canon launchers, and docked them in space with the help of Mechjeb.

oAbnmOL.png

R4IqpXq.png

That spiral antenna is crazy smooth. How many polies did that take? Did you model it with a NURBS curve extrude? I have to do some spirals for that thing I'm working on, so just wondering

21 minutes ago, akron said:

That spiral antenna is crazy smooth. How many polies did that take? Did you model it with a NURBS curve extrude? I have to do some spirals for that thing I'm working on, so just wondering

Oh jeez you're right. I forgot to clean it up. Right now it sits at ~1500 tris, which is really high. Let me see if I can clean it up a bit and I'll get back to you.

EDIT: Yeah I was able to get it down to ~1000. There's not much I can do without making it look awful. I used NURBS curves, yeah. Just play with the U and V values to get it where you need it.

Edited by CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

We can't all be magic pilots :P

1 minute ago, Sgt.Shutesie said:

It's not magic, it's practice, and a whole lot of cursing.

Just now, DiscoSlelge said:

It's just a joke you know... I think @CobaltWolf understand it

Yeah I don't really care. Personally speaking, I don't really like piloting in this game. I like building the crafts and accomplishing missions. I could get (less efficient) rendevous and transfer nodes by hand, sure, but I also don't have a ton of time when I do play, so I'd rather just have the game make one for me and watch it get executed.

Also, I feel as if I've caught a bug... the specular maps on Titan... not 100% done but they're so amazing... now i want to add normal maps to some of the parts... help me haha. I am almost done being 'on call', and my plans for tonight appear to have been cancelled. So I may stream again tonight if I still feel like working on this and am not desperate to play Fallout 4.

I can't wait until A****o to see that shiny CSM.

Edit: Just learned a little bit more about the Saturn V, apparently the center F-1 engine would shut off before the other 4. Didn't know that.

Edited by Sgt.Shutesie