[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.14.0 "металл" 30/Sep/2024)

CobaltWolf

Reposting from the Skyhawk thread since I'd like some ideas:

Just now, bigyihsuan said:

Still working on the Skyhawk update for BDB 1.14, and I've been wondering about game balance, especially in the context of historicity.

As it is right now, the Delta IV is unlocked at the same time as Saturn V, and Atlas V with the Saturn IB. For post-Saturn V nodes, there's only 3 nodes.

The ETS stuff very obviously will go in the post-Saturn V nodes, but I'm not sure if there's enough space for Delta IV and Atlas V. Since they came out around the same time, I think they should be put in the same post-Saturn V tier.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, bigyihsuan said:

Reposting from the Skyhawk thread since I'd like some ideas:

In my case I put Delta IV / Atlas V in the 9th tier together with other advanced Saturn variants and are the last "tanks parts" for BDB. Of course had to make a compromise with the Delta series, for example, the parts needed to make Delta III are unlocked at tier 7-8 and you pretty much got the Delta II at tier 6. My approach was to give some early historical progression for the first 3-4 tiers and then rank the vehicles based on their capabilities or if they are an update from the previous tiers.

At tier 6 you ge the first heavy launch vehicles in the Saturn I and the LDC. Of course my next change is to move LDC further down the road, prob Tier 8 as its capabilities are better than Saturn IB which sits at tier 7 (to be precise, the parts needed to make the S-IVB).

Now, tanks tier 10 / 11 is reserved for things like Falcon 9 , SHeavy and New Glenn.

Edited by Gupyzer0